Fruit that clean your system are one of the best way to detox because they detoxify on a more temporary basis. Unlike other fruits, which remove toxins and eliminate them permanently, detoxifying fruits only temporarily remove toxins. Fruits contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that have amazing benefits for us. I will start off by giving more information about the amazing benefits of fruits and fruit juices.
Power Fruits You Should Include in Your Diet to Detox
- Detox refers to removing toxic waste materials from the body
- The easiest ways to detox is to include seasonal fruits in your diet
- Fruits are powerhouses of essential vitamins and minerals
Detox, as the names suggests, refers to removing toxic waste materials from the body. There are various kinds of toxins that are formed within the body during the numerous metabolic functions. Also the kind of lifestyles we lead today with high levels of pollution, our body seems to be getting more susceptible to all sorts of toxins. This is the reason why it becomes crucial to detox your body every once in a while so that harmful toxins get flushed out and you can improve your metabolic functions, prevent ailments and get beautiful skin and hair. And one of the easiest ways to detox is to include seasonal fruits in your diet. Fruits are powerhouses of essential vitamins and minerals that provide you with the much needed anti-oxidants to fight against free radicals and help you detox.Here are a list of six fruits that can help you detox:1. Apple
Apart from being rich in vitamins, fiber and minerals, apples are also rich in phytochemical and pectin, which all help in detox. Pectin flushes out food additives and metals in our body. The acids in apple (malic and tartaric) help in digestion. Apples are best eaten raw and if consumed with the skin are good source of vitamin C and fiber. Organic apples have higher antioxidants than those apples that are conventionally grown.
Lemons or citrus fruits are often mentioned when talked about detox. All citrus fruits are great sources of vitamin C. Lemon is an effective source for cleansing, and also helps with gastric problems. They are most effective in detoxification when taken with warm water. Even though a lot of people add sugar to this mix, it is best advised to take it when you wake up, with fresh sliced root ginger in warm lime water.
All the berries; strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, blackcurrant and blueberry are rich sources of vitamin C and fiber. Alone 1 cup of blackberry has 7.6 gram of fiber. Consuming berries helps produce butyrate, which is a fatty acid that helps in weight loss and makes the body lean. The best ways to consume berries for detoxing is crushing them to they release their juices, mix in water and let it rest for half an hour. You can also take them with oats or simply mix the berries and make a detox juice.
Pineapple is bromelain rich fruit which help in breaking down of proteins and its digestion. It also helps in reducing inflammation which further helps relieve arthritis and helps in speedy recovery from injuries. Pineapples are best if eaten fresh. The canned pineapples are not advised since the enzyme bromelian is destroyed in them. They also help in digestion.
Papaya is known for its richness in vitamin C (224%) and other nutrients like vitamin A, magnesium and potassium, which makes it a great antioxidant that helps in fighting against common cold or flu. Papain, an enzyme found in papaya, helps in the breakdown of protein and in digestion. The beta-carotene rich fruit has been observed to prevent lung and mouth cancer. It’s best if consumed fresh and sliced.
The best way to consume pomegranate is in the juiced form since the seeds of the fruit takes a lot while to digest. Pomegranate offers good amount of vitamin C and fibre. It is also considered as a medicine since it helps keep the heart healthy and regulates cholesterol.
15 Best Foods for Detoxing Your Body
When it comes to cleansing your body of harmful toxins, food really is the best medicine. You’ll be amazed to learn that many of your favorite foods also cleanse the body’s detoxification organs like the liver, intestines, kidneys and skin, preventing harmful toxic buildup. Help ward off the harmful effects of pollution, food additives, second-hand smoke and other toxins with delicious fruits, vegetables, nuts, oils and beans.
Truly one of the most powerful healing foods, blueberries contain natural aspirin that helps lessen the tissue-damaging effects of chronic inflammation, while lessening pain.
1. Apples. Because apples are high in pectin, a type of fiber that binds to cholesterol and heavy metals in the body, they help eliminate toxic build up and to cleanse the intestines.
2. Avocados. We rarely think of avocados as a cleansing food but these nutritional powerhouses lower cholesterol and dilate blood vessels while blocking artery-destroying toxicity. Avocados contain a nutrient called glutathione, which blocks at least thirty different carcinogens while helping the liver detoxify synthetic chemicals.
3. Beets. Time to whip up some delicious borscht soup since its main ingredient, beets, contain a unique mixture of natural plant compounds that make them superb blood purifiers and liver cleansers.
4. Blueberries. Truly one of the most powerful healing foods, blueberries contain natural aspirin that helps lessen the tissue-damaging effects of chronic inflammation, while lessening pain. Blueberries also act as antibiotics by blocking bacteria in the urinary tract, thereby helping to prevent infections. They also have antiviral properties and help to block toxins from crossing the blood-brain barrier to gain access to the delicate brain.
5. Cabbage. Cabbage contains numerous anticancer and antioxidant compounds and helps the liver break down excess hormones. Cabbage also cleanses the digestive tract and neutralizes some of the damaging compounds found in cigarette smoke (and second-hand smoke). It also strengthens the liver’s ability to detoxify.
6. Celery and Celery Seeds. Celery and celery seeds are excellent blood cleansers and contain many different anti-cancer compounds that help detoxify cancer cells from the body. Celery seeds contain over twenty anti-inflammatory substances. It is particularly good for detoxifying substances found in cigarette smoke.
7. Cranberries. Cleanse your body from harmful bacteria and viruses that may be lingering in your urinary tract with cranberries since they contain antibiotic and antiviral substances.
8. Flaxseeds and Flaxseed Oil. Loaded with essential fatty acids, particularly the Omega-3s, flaxseeds and flaxseed oil are essential for many cleansing functions throughout the body.
9. Garlic. Eat garlic to cleanse harmful bacteria, intestinal parasites and viruses from your body, especially from the blood and intestines. It also helps cleanse build-up from the arteries and has anti-cancer and antioxidant properties that help detoxify the body of harmful substances. Additionally, garlic assists with cleansing the respiratory tract by expelling mucous build-up in the lungs and sinuses. For the health benefits, choose only fresh garlic, not garlic powder, which has virtually none of the above properties.
DETOX FOODS : DETOXIFICATION IS AN ESSENTIAL PART OF OPTIMAL HEALTH.
Lemons are a staple of many detox diets, and there is a good reason for this. Firstly, lemons are packed with antioxidant vitamin C, which is great for the skin and for fighting disease-forming free radicals. Furthermore, the citrus fruit has an alkaline effect on the body, meaning that it can help restore the body’s pH balance, benefitting the immune system. Try starting your day with hot water and a slice of lemon to help flush out toxins and cleanse your system.
If too much fatty food or alcohol has caused problems for your digestive system, it may be worthwhile to add some ginger to your diet. Ginger is not only great for reducing feelings of nausea, but it can help improve digestion, beat bloating and reduce gas. In addition to this, ginger is high in antioxidants and is good for boosting the immune system. To give your digestion a helping hand, try sipping on ginger tea or adding some freshly grated ginger to a fruit or vegetable juice.
Garlic has long been known for its heart benefits, however, pungent food is also good at detoxifying the body. Garlic is not only antiviral, antibacterial and antibiotic, but it contains a chemical called allicin which promotes the production of white blood cells and helps fight against toxins. Garlic is best eaten raw, so add some crushed garlic to a salad dressing to boost its flavour and your health at the same time.
If you have recently been overindulging in fatty foods and alcohol, adding some steamed globe artichoke leaves to your meals is a great way to help get your body back on track. Globe artichokes are packed with antioxidants and fibre and can also help the body digest fatty foods. On top of this, the globe artichoke is renowned for its ability to stimulate and improve the functions of the liver – the body’s main toxin-fighting tool.
For those needing a quick health-boosting shot of nutrients, you can’t do much better than beetroot. Packed with magnesium, iron, and vitamin C, the vegetable has recently been hailed as a superfood due to its many reported health benefits. Not only is beetroot great for skin, hair and cholesterol levels, but it can also help support liver detoxification, making it an ultimate detox food. To enjoy its benefits, try adding raw beetroot to salads or sipping on some beetroot juice.
While it’s not technically a food, no detox plan would be complete without regular consumption of essential liquids. Fluids are essential for keeping our organs healthy and helping to flush toxins from the body, and drinking green tea is a great way of boosting your intake. Green tea is not only a good weight-loss drink, but it is extremely high in antioxidants. Research has also suggested that drinking green tea can protect the liver from diseases including fatty liver disease.
Many celebs have resorted to the cabbage soup diet to help them lose weight and get in shape quickly before a big event, however, cabbage is not only good for weight loss – it is also excellent detoxifying food. Like most cruciferous vegetables (including broccoli and sprouts), cabbage contains a chemical called sulforaphane, which helps the body fight against toxins. Cabbage also supplies the body with glutathione; an antioxidant that helps improve the detoxifying function of the liver.
Fresh fruits are high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre= and are also low in calories, making them an important part of a detox diet. If you’re after brighter eyes and skin, shinier hair and improved digestion, try boosting your intake of fruit and eating from a wide variety of different kinds. The good news is fruit is easy to add to your diet, so try starting your day with a fresh fruit salad or smoothie and snacking on pieces of fruit throughout the day.
If you want to cleanse your system and boost your health, it is a good idea to cut down on processed foods. Instead, try supplementing your diet with healthier whole grains such as brown rice, which is rich in many key detoxifying nutrients including B vitamins, magnesium, manganese and phosphorous. Brown rice is also high in fibre, which is good for cleansing the colon and rich in selenium, which can help to protect the liver as well as improving the complexion.
Like most green herbs and vegetables, watercress is an excellent health booster and detox food. Firstly, watercress leaves are packed with many vital detoxifying nutrients, including several B vitamins, zinc, potassium, vitamin E and vitamin C. Secondly, watercress has natural diuretic properties, which can help to flush toxins out of the body. To reap the benefits of this nutritious food, try adding a handful of watercress to salads, soups and sandwiches.
the best detox foods for cleansing and weight loss
Detox diet for weight loss: You won’t succeed in your weight loss goals and diet plan till you eliminate the toxins already in your body. Here are some foods that will speed up the detox process.
If you tend to overeat or eat too much junk food, it can make you feel bloated and unhealthy. And unless you detoxify your body, even switching to a healthy diet or exercising won’t help you feel better. Detoxification can also help with weight loss, so if you have hit a plateau, it could be because you need to get rid of toxins for better weight control. Here are 5 detox foods that you should include in your diet to see the difference:
* Lemons: Citric fruits such as lemon and oranges are great for detoxification. They are loaded with vitamin C, which can fight free-radicals which damage your body. They are alkaline in property and help restore the body’s pH balance. It also makes your immune system strong. It is recommended to start your day with a glass of lemon water to speed up your digestion. Other fresh fruits are also good for detoxification as they are rich in fibre.
* Green tea: Green tea as well as matcha tea are known to promote detoxification. Green tea contains antioxidants and boosts the performance of the liver. Matcha is high in a catechin which can help fight cancer. It also prevents heart disease, type 2 diabetes and aids in weight loss.
* Cabbage: Cabbages contain the chemical sulforaphane, which helps the body fight against toxins, as well as the antioxidant glutathione which boosts liver function. In its fermented form as sauerkraut, it contains beneficial bacteria that promotes bowel function and aids digestion.
* Leafy vegetables: Leafy greens can boost the level of chlorophyll in your digestive tract and help you detox. They are also very versatile and you can eat them as a salad or make a soup out of them.
* Beetroot: They have a good amount of fibre that boost production of antioxidant enzymes in the liver and can help the liver and gallbladder eliminate excess bile. Beetroot contains nutrients like magnesium, iron, and vitamin C as well.
Top 10 Detox Foods
Needing some simple and natural ways to detox? Here are 10 detox foods to help drive those toxins from your body.
Lemons are the go-to fruit for those looking to detox. Full of the vitamin C, this antioxidant is great for fighting free-radicals which can have a negative impact on the body. Additionally, lemons have an alkaline effect, helping restore the body’s pH balance, thus improving the immune system. A slice of lemon in hot water is a simple way to start your detox.
Ginger is great if you’ve been overdoing it on junk food or booze. Aside from settling your stomach, ginger can aid digestion, and reduce bloating and gas. It is also contains a large number of antioxidants and provides a good boost to immunity. Try a ginger tea or grate some ginger in fruit juice or vegetable juice, especially if you are struggling with a hangover.
Garlic, despite its strong sometimes off-putting odour, is great for a detox. Having antiviral, antibacterial and antibiotic properties, garlic also contains allicin which aids white blood cell production which can help protect the body against infections. For maximum benefit, garlic is best consumed raw, so try adding crushed garlic to a dressing for a salad.
Another food great for you if you’ve been overindulging is artichokes. They are full of antioxidants plus fibre and can help with the digestion of fatty foods as well as stimulating liver function. A good way of consuming artichokes and kick-starting the body’s detox is to add some steamed artichoke leaves to your meals with something like chicken, fish or seafood.
Beetroot massively supports liver detoxification, making it an great detox food. It is also provides a great shot of nutrients in one hit as it is full of magnesium, iron, and vitamin C. Also, great for skin, hair, cholesterol levels, and even athletic performance levels, it is no surprise it is referred to as a superfood. To enjoy the benefits of beetroot add some to a salads or drink some beetroot juice.
While not strictly a food, green tea contains active ingredients which help support detox and provide additional health benefits. Green tea is packed with antioxidants and can help rid the body of toxins. It has been found to boost the performance of the liver and can protect the liver from diseases. To get the max from green tea drinking, brew it from loose leaves, as this will allow more antioxidants to be released.