fruits that kill parasites. In fact, most people have no idea what parasites are. Certainly, there is nothing wrong with that — many people have never even heard of the word before. However, if you are one of those people who want to live a healthy lifestyle and know all there is to know about health, then you want to read on. We will go through the basics of parasites and how they affect the human body and system in this article.
12 foods that kill intestinal worms naturally
01 For a healthy lifestyle!
When in doubt, use natural foods to treat your ailments! This might sound bizarre to many of us, but it is tried and tested that many a time, food creates magic when medicines fail to do the same. If you don’t agree, read this piece of information that features 10 natural food items that are effective against parasites and worms found in the human body. According to experts, these worms and parasites are formed due to unhealthy eating habits and they grow inside the intestine. There are potent allopathic medicines for them, but you can also get rid of them naturally by including the following foods in your diet.
Garlic is known for killing bacteria and parasites in the human body. The presence of allicin and ajoene compounds kill amoebas causing diseases and regular use of garlic also detoxifies the body and protects against oxidation caused by parasite toxins.
Turmeric is known for its anticancer, anti-inflammatory and wound-healing properties. You will be amazed to know that this Indian spice is also effective against bacteria and parasites and is a perfect blood purifier too. Consume it in any form and see the magic.
It destroys intestinal microorganisms with its natural antibacterial properties. It is considered very effective in stimulating thymus gland and enhancing the defensive system of the human body.
05 Raw Pumpkin Seeds
They contain curcurbitin, a compound that has anti-parasitic properties and has the capacity to paralyze worms in the intestine and the digestive tract.
You will be surprised to know that the most effective part of this tropical fruit are its seeds. According to a study, papaya seeds are highly effective against parasitic worms, including tapeworm. The best way to have seeds is to mix them with honey. And if you are willing to have the fruit, then for best results ferment the cubes in apple cider vinegar for a day and then consume.
07 Neem Leaves
Neem leaves are rich in antibacterial properties. The best way to keep your gut safe and healthy is to chew a few neem leaves on an empty stomach. They not only improve digestion but also destroy bad bacteria in the intestinal region.
Ginger is ideal for improving stomach acid production, which indirectly helps destroy parasites and protects the gut from any sort of internal damage.
09 Cucumber Seeds
Cucumber seeds are known for removing tapeworms within the digestive tract. For effective results, one should always eat these seeds on an empty stomach or grind them to a fine powder and use in a smoothie.
Best consumed with black walnut hulls, cloves are known for killing microscopic parasites and parasitic larvae and eggs. They contain eugenol, the most powerful killing agent that is highly effective in killing bacteria related to malaria, tuberculosis, and cholera.
It has anti-fungal properties and has the ability to kill all sorts of fungus, mold, and parasites. It also increases blood circulation and nourishes skin.
12 Green Hulls of Black Walnut
They are a powerful source of killing all sorts of parasites found in the human body. They contain tannin and juglandin, that oxygenates the blood and helps kill all parasites.
10 Food To Kill Intestinal Worms Naturally
Feeling eerie and disgusted already hearing the word intestinal worms? Don’t feel so because here we have all the facts and solutions for this problem. Intestinal worms are also known as parasitic worms which include tapeworms, roundworms, and flukes. Wondering how do we get to know whether we have intestinal worms or not?
Here are some common symptoms which will help you understand if you have intestinal worms.
- You might feel abdominal pain along with diarrhea, nausea or vomiting.
- You might have unexplained weight loss and feel fatigued and restlessness all the time.
- If might feel bloated.
There are many causes which lead to this problem-
- If you had undercooked meat from various animals such as pigs, fish or chicken.
- When you have ever by any chance consumed contaminated water or contaminated soil.
- If you have come in contact with contaminated feces or you have been to an area with poor hygiene and poor sanitation.
Once you have consumed the contaminated substance, the parasite reaches the gut and makes it a breeding ground for itself and thus multiplies and becomes larger in size. Symptoms would only occur after then.
10 FOOD TO KILL INTESTINAL WORMS NATURALLY:
There are many common foods that can help you get rid of the worms without affecting your body at all.
Ginger is available in all Indian homes most of the time. It has an ability to improve the acid production in the stomach and it helps not only in destroying the bad bacteria and parasites but also helps in improving your digestion.
Garlic has a special ability to fight parasites such as nematodes. It is considered best to consume garlic in raw form early in the morning as it gets absorbed by our body best at that time.
This one is yet another common ingredient in Indian homes. These kill microscopic parasites, parasitic larvae, and eggs. It also helps in killing the bacteria and parasites which cause malaria and tuberculosis.
Eating carrots does not actually eliminate the parasites, but it is a precautionary step. We all know carrots are very rich in vitamins and nutrients including vitamin A and Beta Carotene and also there are studies that show that deficiency of these vitamins can help the worms breed faster.
- Coconut water-
Consuming coconut water daily brings abundant health benefits. This one has a special ability to combat the parasites which cause diarrhea. You can easily include coconut in your diet by preparing your meals in coconut oil.
This one is a lifesaver for those people who are looking forward to losing weight. But did you know it also has antimicrobial properties? In fact, raw honey has enough antioxidant compounds to boost your immunity naturally.
- Fermented food-
These are very rich in probiotics and include food such as Idli, Dosa, and Khaman etc. These are a pleasure not only for your palate but also for your gut as these food help in blocking the reproduction of worms.
- Edible seeds-
There are three prominent edible seeds which can kill worms naturally. – Pumpkin seeds: These seeds are rich in compounds that help in combating tapeworms and nematodes.
– Papaya seeds: It was found out through a study that when combined with honey, papaya seeds had a parasite clearing percentage of about 75% on Nigerian children.
– Sunflower seeds: This one is known for its richness in Vitamin E which is a well-known immunity booster. It develops your resistance against such parasites.
This one has been the most trusted remedy for hundreds of years for killing parasitic infections or worms. Onion is rich in sulphur compounds that stop the worms from multiplying. It is best advised to have a combination of onion and garlic in the morning for the best results.
- Berries- Berries are rich in a particular type of antioxidants known as polyphenols. They also have a compound called ellagitannin which stops the spread and growth of the intestinal parasite Giarda. Add strawberries, blackberries and blueberries in your diet to keep your intestines healthy.
6 Most Powerful Anti-Parasitic Foods
Anti-parasitic foods can help you get rid of parasites naturally. A parasite is an organism that lives in another organism, called the host and it could be potentially harmful. The parasite depends on the host to live and thrive so it usually doesn’t kill the host but can spread diseases, some of which can prove to be fatal. The parasite also uses the resources of the host to survive.
There are different kinds of parasites, and most of them are not visible to the human eye. The three most common types parasites found in humans are ectoparasites, helminths, and protozoa. They can spread various, harmful parasitic infections that can be treated by taking anti-parasitic drugs as prescribed by your doctor.
Since parasites can spread diseases and make you sick, it is essential that you do not consume foods that can feed parasites and eat more of the foods that are anti-parasitic. However, for an accurate treatment plan, visit a gastroenterologist.
Top 6 Most Powerful Anti-Parasitic Foods
Here is a list of 6 anti-parasitic foods that can help you kill parasites naturally.
The core of the pineapple is abundant in an enzyme known as bromelain, which can boost digestion and kill parasites. Pineapple juice can decrease the production of proinflammatory cytokines that can result in colon inflammation.
Bromelain is also great for breaking down protein foods, which makes it great for fighting intestinal parasites as it can kill worms. Regular consumption of pineapple can make your immune system healthier and help it to fight and eliminate parasites.
2. Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are commonly used to treat parasites as they contain tetracyclic triterpenes which can help remove parasites from the body.
Apart from that, pumpkin seeds contain cucurbitins that can paralyze worms and make it difficult for them to hide within the intestinal walls. This facilitates their removal from the body during a bowel movement.
3. Cucumber Seeds
Cucumber seeds are great for removing tapeworms that reside in the digestive tract. That’s why it is a good idea to consume cucumber seeds even if you do not have a parasite, as a precautionary measure. The enzymes found in cucumber can kill tapeworms.
Though if you are experiencing tapeworms, then it is best to go directly to a medial professional like the best gastroenterologist in Karachi
The medicinal properties of garlic have been known since ancient times and it is used by people all over the world to boost appetite, strengthen the immune system, kill parasites, and treat travel sickness. Garlic is rich in sulfur compounds that can destroy pathogenic organisms and decrease the formation of blood clots.
Garlic can boost the production of stomach acids, which is crucial as chronically low stomach acid has been linked to bacteria and yeast overgrowth in the gut.
Just like garlic, ginger can also increase the production of stomach acid, which can kill parasites and prevent infections. Apart from that, ginger can increase blood circulation and is good for all types of digestive issues.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Since apple cider vinegar contains B-vitamins, it is very nourishing for the body. It can also restore natural pH balance, improve digestion, and kill parasites.
Parasitic infection – intestinal
Signs and Symptoms
Parasites can live in the intestines for years without causing symptoms. When they do, symptoms include the following:
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Gas or bloating
- Dysentery (loose stools containing blood and mucus)
- Rash or itching around the rectum or vulva
- Stomach pain or tenderness
- Feeling tired
- Weight loss
- Passing a worm in your stool
What Causes It?
These things raise your risk for getting intestinal parasites:
- Living in or visiting an area known to have parasites
- International travel
- Poor sanitation (for both food and water)
- Poor hygiene
- Age. Children and the elderly are more likely to get infected.
- Exposure to child and institutional care centers
- Having a weakened immune system
- HIV or AIDS
What to Expect at Your Doctor’s Office
Your doctor will ask if you have traveled out of the country recently and whether you have recently lost weight. If your doctor thinks you have an intestinal parasite, you will probably have one or more of the following tests:
- Fecal testing (examination of your stool) can identify both helminths and protozoa. Stool samples must be collected before you take any anti-diarrhea drugs or antibiotics, or before x-rays with barium are taken. Several stool samples may be needed to find the parasite.
- The “Scotch tape” test identifies pinworms by touching tape to the anus several times, then looking at the tape under a microscope for eggs.
- Your doctor may use x-rays with barium to diagnose more serious problems caused by parasites, although this test is usually not required.
Your doctor will choose the drug that is most effective against your intestinal parasite. You may need one dose, or you may have to take the medication for several weeks. Be careful to take the medicine exactly as it is prescribed, or it may not work.
Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Conventional medical treatments can get rid parasites more quickly and with fewer side effects than most alternative treatments. Alternative treatments may be helpful along with conventional medications. However, your doctor must find out what kind of organism is causing your problems before you start treatment. The following nutritional guidelines may help keep parasites from growing.
Nutrition and Supplements
- Avoid simple carbohydrates, such as those found in refined foods, fruits, juices, dairy products, and all sugars, except honey.
- Eat more raw garlic, pumpkin seeds, pomegranates, beets, and carrots, all of which have been used traditionally to kill parasites. In one study, researchers found that a mixture of honey and papaya seeds cleared stools of parasites in 23 out of 30 subjects. Drink a lot of water to help flush out your system.
- Eat more fiber, which may help get rid of worms.
- Probiotics (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacilus plantarum, Saccharomyces boulardii, and bifidobacteria). Help keep your digestive tract healthy. Probiotics may not be appropriate in some severely immune compromised patients. Talk to your doctor.
- Digestive enzymes will help restore your intestinal tract to its normal state, which makes it inhospitable to parasites. Papain is an enzyme from the papaya plant that may help kill worms when taken 30 minutes before or after meals. Papain may increase bleeding in people with clotting disorders, or in those taking blood-thinning medications, such as warfarin (Coumadin) among others.
- Vitamin C. Supports the immune system. Lower the dose if diarrhea develops.
- Zinc. Supports the immune system. Zinc may interact with certain medications, particularly some antibiotics, and it may not be appropriate for people with HIV/AIDS. Talk to your doctor.
Herbs are a way to strengthen and tone the body’s systems. As with any therapy, you should work with your doctor to diagnose your problem before starting treatment. You may use herbs as dried extracts (capsules, powders, or teas), glycerites (glycerine extracts), or tinctures (alcohol extracts). People with a history of alcoholism should not take tinctures.
Many of the herbs used to treat intestinal parasites have toxic side effects or interfere with other medications. Use them only under the supervision of a qualified practitioner. Your health care provider should treat you with the most gentle herb that is effective for the type of parasite you have. A few of the herbs that your provider might consider include:
- Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Barberry (Berberis vulgaris)
- Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis)
- Oregon grape (Berberis aquifolium)
- Anise (Pimpinella anisum)
- Wormwood ((Artemisia annua))
- Curled mint (Mentha crispa)
- Black walnuts (Juglans nigra)
As with other treatments, your health care provider must first diagnose the kind of parasite you have. Before prescribing a remedy, homeopaths take into account a person’s constitutional type, includes your physical, emotional, and intellectual makeup. An experienced homeopath assesses all of these factors, as well as any current symptoms, when determining the most appropriate remedy for a particular individual. The following remedies may be used:
- Cuprum oxidatum nigrum