This Gordon Ramsay Apple Crumble recipe is the ultimate comfort food dessert recipe. It’s a really easy dessert to make, can be make well in advance and reheated later. This is one of my all time favorite desserts, that I have been making for years. What if there was an apple crumble cake that had you wondering: is it a cake or a crumble?
Gordon Ramsay Apple Crumble
Easy Apple Crisp recipe that is mouth watering & simple to make. With just a few ingredients from your pantry, you too can make this apple crisp recipe with a delicious apple crisp topping in no time at all.
This delicious Apple Crisp recipe was actually given to me by my best friend’s mom. She would make this delicious apple crisp for me whenever I would visit her over in Wisconsin. Needless to say, I try to visit her as often as possible.
Ingredients needed to make Easy Apple Crisp
This recipe calls for only a few simple ingredients. When I went to make it, I only needed to go to the store for apples, I had all of the other ingredients in my pantry.
To make this delicious apple crisp you will need:
— Brown sugar
— White sugar
How to make Cinnamon Apple Crisp
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
First you will need to fill your baking pan with apples. Make sure to peel, core and slice your apples first. After I peel the apples, I like to use an apple corer/slicer. The slicer I use cuts the apple into sixteen evenly sliced pieces. If you do not use a slicer, be sure to cut your apple slices evenly. This will ensure the apples bake evenly and you won’t have some over or under baked slices.
Once you’ve prepped your apples, place them in your baking pan and sprinkle cinnamon over top of them. I like to mix the apples up after sprinkling the cinnamon over top. This will help distribute the cinnamon throughout all of the sliced apples.
Next, in a mixing bowl, combine the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, white sugar and butter. Once these ingredients are mixed thoroughly, pour over top of the apples. Spread the topping mixture evenly over the apples.
Place in your already preheated oven until done, a nice golden brown.
Once this delicious dessert is done baking, serve warm either by itself or à la mode with a heaping scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!!
How to make Apple Crisp Topping
In a mixing bowl, combine the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, white sugar and butter. Once these ingredients are mixed thoroughly, pour over top of the apples. Spread the topping mixture evenly over the apples.
Which apples are best for making Apple Crisp?
You can use whatever type of apple you want, but personally, I prefer to use Granny Smith apples. The Granny Smith apples are great for baking because of their firmness. They also add a nice bit of tartness to this already sweet dessert.
Some other apples you could use include, Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji or Jonagold. Whatever apple you do chose, make sure it is a firm one though. Softer apples tend to turn mushy when baked.
Cinnamon Apple Crisp
Best Apple Crisp Recipe that is mouth watering & simple to make. With just a few ingredients from your pantry, you too can make this classic apple crisp recipe with a delicious apple crisp topping in no time at all.
Keyword: apple crisp recipe, easy apple crisp
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 14 people
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel, core and slice the apples and put them in a 9”x13” baking pan. Sprinkle cinnamon over the apples and stir the apples.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over the apples. Spread evenly and then place in your pre heated oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool and serve with ice cream or cool whip. Enjoy!
Serving: 14g | Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 51g | Vitamin A: 440IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg
Apple Crumble Recipe: 3 Tips for Making an Apple Crumble
The apple crumble rose to prominence as the result of wartime rationing to eventually become a paragon of rustic simplicity.
What Is an Apple Crumble?
An apple crumble is a baked dessert consisting of tender pieces of cooked apple tucked under a buttery, crumbly topping made from flour, sugar, butter, and other ingredients, such as rolled oats, spices, and nuts. The apple crumble is a play on traditional apple pie that requires less time, effort, and baking prowess.
You can serve the apple crumble warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and a cup of ice-cold milk or hot coffee.
3 Tips for Making an Apple Crumble
The best apple crumble comes together faster than a pie crust and allows for far more improvisation and personalization. Raid your pantry for new combinations of spices, nuts, and seeds to take your crumble topping to the next level. Consider these tips:
- 1. Use cold, cubed butter. Making the crumble with room temperature or melted butter will cause the topping to spread as it bakes, rather than creating a landscape of craggy, crunchy sweet pieces. Using cold butter will help all the crumble ingredients bind together before baking and then saturate them evenly in the oven.
- 2. Choose the right apple. Apple selection will make or break an apple crumble: if the fruit is too soft, the weight of the topping will bury it. If the apple is too mild, the balance between sweet and tart is lost. Aim for a firm, brightly-flavored apple, like Granny Smith, Braeburn, or Pink Lady.
- 3. Cut the apples into chunks, not slices. Thin stacks of stewed apple may be a hallmark of an apple pie, but an apple crumble is made to be scooped, not cut. Bite-sized pieces of apple maintain both the structural integrity of the crumble and make serving easy.
What Is the Difference Between an Apple Crumble and an Apple Crisp?
In the world of apple desserts, apple crisp and apple crumble are nearly identical: Both feature a bottom layer of apples but differ on the specifics of the topping. A crisp topping traditionally contains a greater percentage of rolled oats and nuts, resulting in a crisper, looser top layer.
A crumble is made from a denser, streusel-style topping crumbled over the top of the fruit before baking. However, many crumbles contain oats and nuts, so the distinction often comes down to personal preference.
Easy Apple Crumble Recipe
1 hr 15 min
- ½ cup dried barberries
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 4–5 Granny Smith or Pink Lady apples, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup raw sliced almonds or pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground green cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 tablespoons (1 ½ sticks) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a baking dish with melted butter.
- 2Place the barberries in a small bowl with the lemon juice. Allow it to sit until the berries are plump and rehydrated, about 10 minutes.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the apples with the granulated sugar and the barberry-lemon juice mixture. Stir to incorporate with a rubber spatula, then transfer the apple filling to a baking dish.
- 4To make the crumble topping, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, sliced almonds, green cardamom, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- 5Add the cubed butter, and smash to combine, first with a pastry cutter, and then with your hands, kneading the mixture until no dry spots remain.
- 6Crumble the topping evenly over the apple mixture. Bake until the crumb topping is golden brown and the apples are juicy
How to make the crumble: recipe and advice – Italian Cuisine
A crunchy and crumbly fruit-filled shell: here is the recipe for the classic apple crumble and our tips for preparing it with crumbled biscuits or in a savory version
Originating from Great Britain and ofIreland, the crumble is a dessert prepared with a sort of very crumbly pastry and filled with ingredients of all kinds. The most classic is the Apple Crumble, but you can prepare it with so many different types of cooked fruit or even with salty ingredients.
Its main feature is explained by the name itself, which means crumbled: this dessert is in fact prepared with a mixture of flour, butter and sugar with a particular consistency, but it can also be made with dry biscuits crumbled.
Apple crumble: classic recipe
Making the classic apple crumble is easy. Let’s see the classic recipe and some useful tips.
For the crumble
150 g flour
100 g Butter
100 g brown sugar
For the stuffing
50 g Caster sugar
15 g Butter
For the apple crumble recipe, start washing the apples, peel them and cut them into chunks. Pour the granulated sugar into a large saucepan and let it caramelize until it becomes slightly dark, add the apples and a knob of butter and cook for a few minutes. If you like it, add cinnamon or lemon zest to perfume.
In a bowl combine the flour, the brown sugar and the very cold butter: knead the dough quickly with your fingertips until you get a dough from the sandy texture. You don’t have to work it long, otherwise the dough will get too hot. (For a more intense taste, you can also add cinnamon to the dough)
Grease a baking dish and sprinkle it with a thin layer of dough, add the cooked apples and cover with the rest of the dough. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.
With this same procedure you can also use other types of fruit, such as le pears, the prunes, the peaches or i Red fruits. In addition, part of the flour can be replaced with finely chopped dried fruit, such as hazelnuts, almonds or pistachios, or with the cocoa.
The crumble can be served in slices, accompanied by one icecream ball, or it can be prepared in monoportion using some cocotte.
The preparation technique of this dessert can also be used to enrich the spoon desserts: once the crumbled dough is prepared, place it on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and bake it at 170 ° for about 8-10 minutes. Once left to cool, you can sprinkle it on creams, ice cream and desserts of all kinds to give flavor and crunchiness.
Crumble with crumbled biscuits
If you don’t have flour and butter available or you don’t want to knead, you can also prepare the crumble with i cookies dry crumbled. Fast and antiwaste, this recipe is very easy and allows you to recycle those broken cookies on the bottom of the box!
Crumble 200 g of biscuits together with 60 g of butter with your fingertips or with the help of a mixer: the result should not be a compact dough, but sandy. Place your filling on the bottom of the pan and cover with the dough; cooking times will be reduced compared to the classic recipe, it will take you about 12-15 minutes.
The crumble can also be salty and turn into a tasty one starter or in a rich man second dish stuffed with meat, vegetables and greens. The preparation technique is the same, but instead of sugar the grated Parmesan cheese and add salt and pepper. Even the flour can be replaced with the bread crumbs or enriched with i Pine nuts and the herbs.
As for the filling, it’s all up to your imagination: zucchini, potatoes, cured meat, eggplant, onions, tomatoes…