Planning healthy breakfast ideas for kids can be very challenging and worrisome. Kids sometimes tend to be very difficult to satisfy, especially when they wake up hungry from their beds. Breakfast comes a great deal of striking appetite for the time range between dinner and breakfast spans about 9 to 10 hours. Therefore, the morning can be very mean when you have kids that have not tested for these long hours of sleep.
Also, morning times May get rough if you are rushing off to work or getting prepared to take your kids to schools. Not only that, but you would also want everyone to get teeth-brushed, bathed and get dressed. All these seem like loads of problems for you.
It is worth agreeing with me that you can only succeed when you plan good and healthy breakfast for toddlers. To enhance this, you need to prepare ahead by making two or more healthy breakfast ideas for kids during weekends and store in fridge or freezer.
Why Are Healthy Breakfast For Toddlers Needed?
Breakfast is that meal that triggers the activities for the whole day. This is because the brain and body need a nutritious substance to energize them after long hours of sleep. Kids, especially, need breakfast to help them make a great day in school, physically and psychological. Studies have revealed that kids and toddlers who eat healthy breakfast perform better in academics than kids who do not.
In lieu of the above, this article shall explore the healthy breakfast ideas for toddlers that will make breakfast and morning times worthwhile for you and your kids. Below are major healthy breakfast ideas for toddler.
One of the ways to plan healthy breakfast ideas for toddlers is to make the banana pops. It is fast, easy and very nutritious for your kids. To make banana pops, you get the following
- Yoghurt(any choice)
- Granola Or crushed cookies
- Special additions like raisins, coconut shreds, cinnamon sugar
- Popsicle sticks
- Pour granola into a shallow plate, peel bananas and cut out in half.
- Then insert the popsicle sticks.
- After this is done, dip into yoghurt and roll into the made granola and the special additions (when mixed).
- Put on parchment and freeze.
- Serve and enjoy this healthy breakfast for toddlers.
French Toast With Berries
As a healthy breakfast for toddlers, French toast is one of the best foods you can give your kid in the morning time. It is simple, wonderful and nutritious.
The ingredients to make these toddlers healthy breakfast are;
- 4 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 to 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk or vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup of fresh berries
- 1/4 cup of full fat cottage cheese
- To make this healthy breakfast for toddler, whisk eggs, milk (almond) and vanilla together and set aside.
- Afterwards, whisk maple syrup and vanilla. Heat pan in medium heat until very hot.
- Then add butter to the heated pan.
- When butter melts on the heated pan, dip bread in the mixture of almond and eggs and milk and put in the pan.
- Cook for about four minutes until brown and set in another side until golden brown too.
- When this is done, add cottage cheese on one slice and top with berries.
- Then drizzle with maple syrup and vanilla mixture.
- Serve and watch your kids enjoy this toddlers healthy breakfast.
Egg And Tomato Sandwich
Making the list of best and healthy breakfast ideas for kids is the egg and tomato sandwich. It consists of thick slices of tomato and a very simple deal of eggs.
Get the following to cook:
- 2 thick slices of tomato
- 1 whole-wheat muffin, toasted and split
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 thin slices cheddar
- The steps are very easy and not very long.
- Just each of the muffins halves with tomatoes and set aside.
- Then heat oil over medium-low heat on a pan or small skillet. Crack eggs into the small skillet and cook until whites are almost set.
- Do this for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then top each egg with a slice of cheese.
- Cover the skillet for 2 minutes and thin-slice one egg on each muffin.
- Afterwards, season with salt and pepper.
Rainbow pancakes are super okay for your kids and are one of the toddlers healthy breakfast that can ease your morning affairs. The ingredients are as follows;
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 200g self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon golden caster sugar
- 25g butter, melted
- Food colouring
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- To cook, put all the ingredients, except for the colouring, in a large bowl and mix well.
- Mix until smooth.
- Then divide into 5 cups.
- Dye four of these cups with colouring, each with a different colour.
- Then leave one plain and coloured.
- Cook batter until it melts in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Then add spoonfuls of the batter into a pan and make a shape of circles with your spoon (back).
- Do ensure you make about 5 pancakes from each batter.
- Then cook for about 2-3 minutes, on each side until slightly golden.
- You can serve with fresh fruit or ice cream.
Consider these nutritious foods as one of the healthy breakfast ideas for toddlers and save your stress of planning your kids’ breakfast meal.
To plan healthy breakfast ideas for toddlers, you need to consider raspberry jam as one to relieve your morning stress. To prepare this toddlers healthy breakfast, get the following;
- 1 kg raspberry
- 1 kg bag jam sugar
- 1 lemon juice
- To prepare, tip half of the raspberries into a pan and put lemon juice.
- Crush the berries and heat than to pulp. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Afterwards, tip cooked berries with a sieve and drain all the juice till you are left with only the seeds.
- The juice and pulp should be stirred in a pan, added with sugar.
- Heat for about 1 minute and add the remaining raspberries.
- Boil for about 5 minutes and put a little jam on it and seal it.
To plan another toddlers healthy breakfast, you can make the Rudolph pancakes. Ingredients are;
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon golden caster sugar
- 150ml full-fat milk or semi-skimmed milk
- Icing sugar
- Mix and combine ingredients in a gradual way.
- Then put 2 tablespoons of smoothened batter and mix on a few drops of red food colouring.
- Convert this to a squeezy bottle. Put 1/3 of the remaining batter into the squeezy and the remaining into a jug.
- Then heat a drizzle of oil in a pan and squeeze some batter into it, making a two-eyed shape, in a form of Rudolph.
- Fill the rest with the batter from the jug. Continue by making a nose with the coloured batter.
- Cook afterwards for 3 minutes.
- Serve this healthy breakfast for toddlers and ease your morning affairs for life!
Blueberry Pie Oatmeal
To round off the list of healthy breakfast ideas for toddler is the blueberry pie oatmeal. It is delicious, nutritious and fast. Here are the ingredients;
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup dried oats, cooked
- 1/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine blueberries, water, honey, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Stir to mix and sprinkle on the cornstarch and stir well.
- Boil and simmer for about 6 minutes.
- Then serve on top of oatmeal.
Do give these toddlers healthy breakfast a go and get ready to disburse your morning services perfectly well. The foods discussed above are sure healthy breakfast for kids and at such should find a way into your kids’ menu.