Let’s get started on ensuring the best combo of Healthy Chicken Recipes for a nutritious chicken menu. Chicken menu, as a proteinous one, is a kind of healthy eating we can get down with. If only these recipes could get a space in every of your desired diet menu, then it is high time you vouched for them.
Chicken makes delicious meals. They are a subspecies of the red jungle fowl which is always domesticated. They are one of the most common and widespread domestic animals with a population of over 23.7 billion as there is more chicken in the world than any other bird.
To this effect, this article shall explore 7 of the best healthy chicken recipes that would keep your mouth watering till the next meal. These healthy chicken recipes are a potpourri of many other savoring ideas to enjoy chicken!
Bacon and Spinach Chicken
Have you tried the spinach-packed chicken alongside bacon? It’s a whole lot of comfort, with a lot of protein.
- 4 strips bacon,
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts,
- 1/3 c. chopped artichoke hearts
- Freshly ground black pepper,
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened,
- 1/2 c. frozen spinach, defrosted
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
1 c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet with foil. In a widthwise manner, prepare slits in chicken. Try not to cut through the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, spinach, artichokes, and ½ cup of mozzarella. Add salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes to season.
- Fill every other slit with cream cheese mixture and fill other slits with a piece of bacon. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup mozzarella on top and drizzle with oil.
- For 35 minutes, bake until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crispy.
Chicken and Lemon Skewers
Another of the best choice of healthy chicken recipes is the chicken and lemon skewers. Below are the ingredients and directions to follow.
- 1 small pack mint, picked leaves,
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced,
- ½ tsp ground coriander,
- Grated ginger
- 4 skinless chicken breasts,
- 2 sliced little Gem lettuces,
- 150g natural yogurt
- Extra yogurt(optional)
- 1 small red onion,
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin,
- 4 whole meal flatbreads or pittas,
- Pickled red cabbage
- Chilli sauce and hummus (optional),
- 4 skewers (metal or wooden),
- Chop half the mint and put in a bowl with the yogurt, half the lemon juice, all the lemon zest, spices, and ginger. Mix well and season with lots of black pepper and a pinch of salt. Add the chicken pieces, mix well, and put in the fridge for 20-30 mins.
- Meanwhile, soak 4 large wooden skewers in water for at least 20 mins
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, heat your grill to medium heat and line the grill tray with foil. Thread the chicken onto the soaked wooden or metal skewers and grill for 15-20 mins, turning halfway through, until browned and cooked through.
- Warm the flatbreads under the grill for a couple of seconds, then serve with topped lettuce, chicken, red onion, remaining lemon juice and mint, and any extra yogurt or pickled cabbage, chili sauce, and hummus.
The butter chicken is one of the best healthy chicken recipes you can ever think of. It’s tasty, creamy, and nutritious. No wonder this meal tops the list of curries in the whole of Indian restaurants. Take a look at the ingredients below;
- 1 cup of butter,
- 1 onion, minced,
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic,
- 1 (15 ounces) can tomato sauce,
- 3 cups of heavy cream,
- 2 teaspoons salt,
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper,
- 1 teaspoon garam masala,
- 1 ½ pound skinless, boneless chicken breast,
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- 2 tablespoons tandoori masala.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt a few tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook slowly for about 15 minutes or until the onion changes to a dark brown.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat along with the tomato sauce, heavy cream, salt, cayenne pepper, and garam masala. Simmer and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, in caramelized onions.
- While sauce is simmering, toss cubed chicken breast with vegetable oil until coated, then season with tandoori masala and spread out onto a baking sheet.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven until pinkless or for about 12 minutes. Once done, add the chicken to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes or less.
- Serve and enjoy.
Chicken Rice and Peas
Chicken rice and peas will make you go nut! With the ingredients below, it possesses 46g of protein and about 50g of carbohydrates. Take a look at these ingredients. I got them prepared for you.
- 8 chicken thighs, approximately 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup pitted green olives, halved
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat the oil in a saucepan or saucepan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Brown the chicken for about 5 to 7 minutes in two batches and transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the drippings in the saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally until it begins to soften for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the rice, broth, thyme, and chicken. Boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer and cover until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender, and most of the liquid is absorbed. Do this for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Fold the peas and olives into the rice for 5 minutes. Serve with the chicken.
Chicken and Barley Risotto
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 chicken thighs,
- 2 chopped carrots,
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 140g pearl barley
- ½ x 60g bag fresh rocket leaves(dressing)
- Small handful mint, leaves only(dressing)
- Small handful flat-leaf parsley(dressing)
- 1 lemon juice(dressing)
- 1 tablespoon of capers(dressing)
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add the sunflower oil. Add the chicken and fry for 5 mins or until well-browned on all sides. Carefully tip in the vegetables and cook for a further 5 mins until starting to soften. Add the garlic and pearl barley, then pour over 500ml water. Cover and leave to simmer for 25-30 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, blitz all the dressing ingredients in a food processor until very finely chopped. Put into a bowl and set aside until serving.
- After the pearl barley is softened, set aside to serve.
- Season to taste and divide the risotto between two plates, adding spoonful of the dressing, to serve.
Chicken Taco Salad
This chicken taco salad is so easy to make and embellished with lots of flavors you ever wished to have. Cooked chicken breast is mixed with black beans, corn, and a ton of vegetables for a hearty salad as a main course. To make chicken taco salad, get the following;
- 1can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup medium-hot salsa
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound skinless and boneless
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix black beans, salsa, 1/2 cup cilantro, and lime juice in a bowl and set aside.
- Stir cayenne pepper, brown sugar, coriander, cumin, chili powder, and olive oil in a bowl until smooth. Stir this mixture over chicken breasts.
- Cook chicken breasts on a preheated grill until pinkless in the center and the juices run clear for10 to 12 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is cooking, place tortillas on the grill and grill for 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice into long thin strips. Divide chicken strips over tortillas and top with bean mixture, lettuce, and remaining 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Serve with avocado, lime wedges.
Chicken madras is a win-win. Nosh on it and you will not regret it.
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into large chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder, add 1 more teaspoon for extra heat
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 14-ounces (400 grams) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 14 ounces (400 grams) unsweetened coconut milk
- Fresh cilantro/coriander, chopped
- Toast garam masala over low heat in a large sauté pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until slightly brown and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan in 2 and add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and ginger, garam masala, turmeric, chili powder, tomato paste, stir. Add diced tomatoes and mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces, salt pepper, and coconut milk. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the lid and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.
Having completed the list of the 7 best healthy chicken recipes, you must put your trust in them for a unique chicken combo.