Healthy dinner ideas for two chicken can make a lot of difference in your life! Why? Because if you’re a single dude or dudette, you’re probably tired of eating chicken. This is where “healthy dinner ideas for two chicken” come in. I developed this delicious recipe that combines chicken and pasta, steel cut oats and baby spinach. The result was delicious!
Healthy Chicken For Two Recipes
Find healthy, delicious chicken for two recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell.
- Chicken & basil meatballsA star rating of 5 out of 5.1 ratingServe these Thai chicken chicory bites and roasted pepper skewers when you’re next entertaining. Both make great low-calorie, healthy dinner party canapés
- Chicken madrasA star rating of 4.2 out of 5.227 ratingsDitch the takeaway menu and cook our healthy chicken madras curry instead. This simple family dinner is full of fragrant spices and tender pieces of chicken
- Chicken & lemon skewersA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.40 ratingsThese chicken skewers in flatbreads taste great as well as being healthy and an easy-to-make dinner for hectic weeknights
- Chilli chicken & peanut piesA star rating of 3.9 out of 5.27 ratingsAdd peanut butter to your pie filling for creaminess and top with a bean and potato mash for extra nutrients. A healthy yet hearty, gluten-free dinner
- Indian chicken protein potsA star rating of 3.7 out of 5.7 ratingsUse leftover chicken or buy it ready-cooked for these speedy protein pots. The chicken is combined with spiced lentils and tomatoes and topped with tzatziki
- Chilli chicken with peanut noodlesA star rating of 4 out of 5.17 ratingsWhip up this healthy chilli chicken noodle bowl in just 25 minutes. The addition of peanut butter gives it richness yet it’s still under 500 calories
- Slow-cooker chicken casseroleA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.130 ratingsTreat the family to this wholesome chicken casserole that delivers comfort while being low-fat. And you can let a slow cooker do most of the work
- Chicken with rice & peasA star rating of 3.8 out of 5.22 ratingsWhen hunger strikes this healthy chicken with rice and peas dish will not only fill you up but provide plenty of nutrients, too, containing three of your five-a-day
- Spanish chicken stewA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.28 ratingsA healthy, hearty stew to feed the family, that you can prepare in just 10 minutes. This rustic meal is best served with chunks of crusty bread or rice
- Easy butter chickenA star rating of 4 out of 5.204 ratingsFancy a healthy version of your favourite Friday night chicken curry? The chicken can be marinaded the day before so you can get ahead on your prep
- Moroccan chicken stewA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.41 ratingsThis hearty stew, full of vibrant veg and warming spices, is a Hemsley sister favourite. Serve with a side of cauliflower tabbouleh as a light accompaniment
- Chicken skewers with tzatzikiA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.13 ratingsKids will love these chicken skewers hot off the griddle for a quick supper, or pack them in wraps with green salad and tzatziki to take on a picnic
- Roast chicken with lemon & rosemary rootsA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.6 ratingsYou can eat this roast chicken as a healthy Sunday lunch. Swede, celeriac and carrots flavoured with rosemary, lemon and garlic ramp up the taste
- Cardamom chicken with lime leavesA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.32 ratingsIf you’re a true curry lover, the layers of spice in this fragrant and tender chicken thigh curry will really hit the spot
- Chicken taco saladA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.7 ratingsA crunchy chicken salad that’s zesty, healthy and 4 of your 5-a-day. Try this for variety in your teenager’s lunchbox or take it to work
- Summer chicken stewA star rating of 4.1 out of 5.37 ratingsOne-pots aren’t just for winter, try this fresh summer version with leeks, green beans, peas, new potatoes and tender chicken thighs
- Curried chicken & new potato traybakeA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.89 ratingsA healthy one-pan traybake with garam masala, turmeric, ginger and garlic – lightly spiced and ideal for a family supper
- Spiced chicken, spinach & sweet potato stewA star rating of 4 out of 5.87 ratingsA healthy one-pot with warming spices that’s low fat, low calorie, 3 of your 5-a-day and also full of fibre!
- Lighter chicken tacosA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.14 ratingsThe same tasty Mexican dish with half the fat of standard tacos. Pile on the chicken, salsa and guacamole, and build yourself a delicious dinner
- Chicken & pearl barley risottoA star rating of 4.1 out of 5.17 ratingsTender chicken and wholesome pearl barley with a light herby dressing make this a great low-calorie, low-fat weeknight dinner
- Peruvian chicken, avocado & quinoa saladA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.7 ratingsFed up with pasta salad? This gluten-free alternative is packed with lean protein from the chicken, and healthy, heart-friendly fats from the avocado
- Pomegranate chicken with almond couscousA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.153 ratingsJazz up chicken breasts in this fruity, sweetly spiced sauce with pomegranate seeds, toasted almonds and tagine paste
- Pulled chickenA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.19 ratingsRemake a street-food favourite, pulled pork, with juicy chicken thighs to cut the calories for a healthy taco filling
healthy chicken recipes that are anything but boring
Magdalena Roze’s easy one-pot chicken and wild rice pilaf
A comforting one-pot wonder that’s also genuinely good for you? We’re sold. This recipe is from Magdalena Roze’s new cookbook, Happy & Whole, available nationwide from March 28.
If you make one soup this season, make it this one
The classic chicken and sweetcorn soup recipe gets a Matt Moran makeover.
Mushroom-stuffed roast chicken
Jamie Oliver turns the humble roast chook into something extra special with this tasty mushroom stuffing.
Chicken, lettuce and bean sprout rolls
“The whole family will have fun with these,” says chef and TV personality Colin Fassnidge.
Portuguese chicken wraps with rainbow slaw
Turn a humble roast chook into something truly wonderful with these Portuguese chicken wraps.
Light and fresh whilst still packing a punch with the peanut chilli salsa, this salad is anything but ordinary. Recipe by Raph Rashid.
Sticky miso roast chicken
A wonderfully sticky end for this chook.
Soy-poached chicken with lemongrass brown rice
This fragrant dish is not only easy to make, simply put everything in a pot and a saucepan and wait for the magic to happen, but it’s also downright tasty too.
Chicken larb salad with lime dressing
This fragrant salad is perfect for any Friday night feast. For a more kid-friendly option, simply reduce the chilli.
Chicken wonton noodle soup
“A warming bowl of soup to fill you up,” says cook and tv personality Hayden Quinn.
All-Time Best Healthy, Easy Chicken Recipes
Very Best Healthy Recipes Series: Part 9
~ Easy chicken recipes are a must-have for every busy cook. And hey there, busy cook – today’s your lucky day! We’ve gathered some of the all-time most popular healthy, easy chicken recipes other food bloggers have ever posted. These recipes are all total winners – so much inspiration for quick chicken dinners your whole family will love! ~
Get a FREE 100-page Cookbook!
And with these healthy, easy chicken recipes … everyone’s a winner!
I once read about another food blogger, who’d used the “winner, winner” line in one of her own posts, and was offended when a reader told her it was a totally outdated phrase nobody said anymore.
One after another, people piped up and vowed that they still said it all.the.time! Me, too. It’s a common exclamation in my house, for any number of reasons that rarely have anything at all to do with chicken.
Apparently, it dates back several decades to a time when most Vegas table bets were a standard $2, and if you won, you’d have just enough moolah to splurge on the casino’s special chicken dinner that cost just under (you guessed it …) $2. And really, when you’re in Vegas, what could be better than winning a chicken dinner? (Don’t answer that.)
But you know why these chicken dinners are truly winners, don’t you?
Yeah – it’s because these chicken recipes are all easy, nutritious … and among the most popular healthy recipes other bloggers have ever posted!
You’ve got the drill down by now, since this is #9 in our Very Best Healthy Recipes Series: We polled hundreds of other bloggers, asking them to share their one, absolute most popular healthy recipe. From there, we whittled, and narrowed, and chose the best of the best. Favorite breakfasts … and snacks … and desserts (still to come) … we’ve got you covered all day long with the top recipes our blogging buddies have ever created.
And today is chicken day! Winner, winner, for sure!
From baked chicken to chicken casseroles, skillet chicken to slow cooker chicken, chicken fajitas to a unique and veggie-loaded chicken stir-fry … when it comes to healthy, easy chicken recipes, this list is chock-full of mouthwatering ideas you’ve just gotta try next!
And you don’t even need to head to Vegas.
Hey there, winner … today really is your lucky day!
Balsamic Chicken and Tomatoes
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
Parmesan and Herb Stuffed Chicken
One Pot Mediterranean Chicken
Cheddar Chicken Quinoa Bake
Chicken and Shrimp Paella
Easy Fajita Chicken Bake
Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Casserole
Mexican Quinoa Bowls