Find below some of my favorite healthy dinner ideas with no meat:
When you’re hosting a dinner party, it can be difficult to find recipes that everyone will like. You want something that’s different enough to stand out without being too difficult or time-consuming to prepare. With these delicious and healthy no meat dinner ideas, you have a surefire winning menu!
protein-packed meat-free meals
1Spinach and ricotta zucchini cannelloni
Gluten free and vegetarian, this spinach and ricotta zucchini cannelloni caters to your family’s tricky dietary needs.
2Vegetarian quinoa and sweet potato fried rice
This modern take on classic fried rice is a fun, tasty way to get your daily serves of veg.
3Eggplant and chilli pasta
Spice up the week right from the get-go with this vegetarian chilli pasta.
4Tofu chilli enchiladas
This spicy vegetarian dinner packs a punch of Mexican flavour.
5Dukkah-spiced sweet potato and quinoa salad
Combine dukkah-spiced sweet potato, quinoa and grilled haloumi for a satisfying vegetarian main.
6Miso-glazed tofu and black rice bowl
For a quick and easy, low-calorie meal, try this 20-minute miso-glazed tofu and black rice bowl.
7Black bean Buddha bowl with creamy cashew dressing
We love the combination of aromatic spices with fresh, crunchy vegies – the beans are amazing, with just a hint of chilli.
8Beet and bean burger
Fresh grated beetroot is high in folate and gives these vegie burgers great colour and taste.
9Panko and sesame crusted tofu noodle salad
This hearty meat-free noodle dish is ready in 30 minutes.
10Spiced lentil stuffed capsicums
Even meatlovers will love these sweet capsicums stuffed with a spicy mixture of lentils, tomatoes and celery.
11Japanese tofu noodles
The crunch of the cucumber and asparagus complements the velvety sesame-flavoured noodles in this side.
12Quick crunchy-topped vegetable pasta bake
Clear out your fridge and freezer with this quick and easy vegetable bake.
13Cauliflower, chickpea and coconut curry
The chickpea flour creates a rich, thick gravy that’s gluten-free. This quick curry is perfect for weeknight dinners.
14Mexicano sweet spuds
Georgia Barnes serves up hearty stuffed spuds with seven easy ingredients.
15Garlic pepper tofu stir-fry
This low fat stir-fry combines tofu with beautiful mixed mushrooms.
Healthy vegetarian recipes
Need nutritious dinner ideas? Go meat-free with tasty recipes that are good for you, including pasta dishes, healthy salads, warming soups and stews.
- A star rating of 4.7 out of 5.32 ratingsPack in an impressive 3 of your 5-a-day with this spicy vegetarian lentil dish filled with roast butternut squash, peppers and onions
- Mushroom baked eggs with squished tomatoesA star rating of 3.6 out of 5.12 ratingsStart your day the healthy way with mushrooms, baked eggs and tomato. A low-fat, low-calorie dish that’s two of your five-a-day – perfect for a weekend breakfast
- Vegan chilliA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.210 ratingsThis vegan chilli packs in plenty of vegetables and doesn’t fall short on the flavour front. Serve it with rice or in jacket potatoes for a filling supper
- Healthy pasta primaveraA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.53 ratingsA healthy spaghetti dish full of broad beans, leeks and asparagus tips. Make the most of spring greens with this vibrant, filling pasta recipe
- Moroccan chickpea, squash & cavolo nero stewA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.108 ratingsThis healthy veggie stew has real depth of flavour. A North African-style dish that contains three of your five-a-day and is great for feeding the family
- Pea & broad bean shakshukaA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.29 ratingsWe’ve turned a classic brunch shakshuka dish into more of a sharing main course by adding seasonal spring vegetables like peas, broad beans and asparagus
- Spring tabboulehA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.16 ratingsA simple, budget, spring salad that can add a healthy dose of vegetables to your midweek meal. This easy vegan dish also makes great leftover lunches
- Veggie olive wraps with mustard vinaigretteA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.16 ratingsEat the rainbow with our simple, healthy, veggie wrap. This olive and veg sandwich makes an easy vegan, low-calorie lunch option to eat al-desko
- Supergreen soup with yogurt & pine nutsA star rating of 4 out of 5.5 ratingsA simple low-fat soup that’s a fresh new way to use a bag of mixed leaves – it’s rich in vitamin C, fibre, folate and calcium too
- Spice-crusted aubergines & peppers with pilafA star rating of 4.1 out of 5.9 ratingsThis recipe is laden with tasty goodness, it’s low fat, low calorie, rich in folate, fibre, vitamin C and iron, plus it’s a delicious meat-free main course that’s 3 of your 5-a-day – what’s not to love?
- Kidney bean curryA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.216 ratingsA rescue recipe for when there’s nothing in the fridge, or when you fancy something cheap, delicious and filling
- Pointed cabbage in white wine with fennel seedsA star rating of 4 out of 5.3 ratingsFor a quick version of sauerkraut, try cabbage simmered in white wine, with onion and herbs. The acidity of this side dish pairs beautifully with the unctuousness of roast pork
- Light Thai green curryA star rating of 2.5 out of 5.8 ratingsThis light vegetarian version of your favourite Thai green curry is an unbelievable 5 of your 5-a-day! Warming chilli and creamy coconut smothered veggies make for a satisfying supper
- Masala frittata with avocado salsaA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.43 ratingsA spicy twist on a simple frittata recipe, with Masala paste, coriander and plump cherry tomatoes. Pair it with our avocado salsa for a light and budget-friendly supper
- Smoky aubergine tagine with lemon & apricotsA star rating of 4 out of 5.44 ratingsA fragrant tagine is perfect for summer entertaining, lighter than stew but just as satisfying with meaty aubergines and aromatic spices
- Tomato & pasta soupA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.63 ratingsMake our simple, budget-friendly tomato, pasta and chickpea soup in just 30 minutes. This easy, vegetarian family meal is healthy and even low fat
- Lemon & mint aubergine tagine with almond couscousA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.27 ratingsThis Moroccan-inspired vegetarian stew is filled with all the delicious aromatics of North Africa. Serve on nutty couscous with mint and garlic yogurt
- Lighter aubergine ParmigianaA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.35 ratingsWe’ve baked the aubergines and used creamy ricotta in this healthy version of Parmigiana di melanzane – far lower in fat and calories than the original
- Spicy chilli bean soupA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.45 ratingsThere’s minimal prep time to make this hearty vegetarian stew, which works just as well as an easy dinner or packed in a flask for lunch
- Indian sweet potato & dhal piesA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.96 ratingsSpiced red lentil dhal is topped with creamy sweet potato mash in these individual vegetarian pies – a cheap weeknight dinner option
- Pan-cooked feta with beetroot salsa & bean mashA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.48 ratingsWhip up this budget vegetarian dinner in minutes – pile slices of light feta onto cannellini bean mash and top with tangy beetroot salsa
- Pearl barley, parsnip & sage risottoA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.15 ratingsPearl barley makes a great alternative to rice in this vegetarian risotto recipe flavoured with sage, garlic and Parmesan
- Spicy avocado wrapsA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.21 ratingsPan-fry vegetarian, chicken-style pieces with lime, chilli and garlic, then pile onto seeded tortilla wraps – cool before assembling if packing for lunch
- Cauliflower, paneer & pea curryA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.146 ratingsReady in less than an hour, this easy, vegetarian curry recipe made with pan-fried Indian cheese and vegetables is also cheap to prepare
- Red lentil & carrot soupA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.106 ratingsThis warming and budget-friendly vegetarian soup is perfect packed in a flask for lunch. It’s also easy to double the quantities and freeze half for later
Heart-Healthy Vegetarian Dinners You’ll Want to Make Forever
This mix of top-rated dinners is sure to have a recipe for whatever you’re in the mood for—from comforting soup to spicy tacos and veggie-loaded grain bowls. You can count on each of these meatless meals for American Heart Association-approved levels of saturated fat and sodium, so you can eat deliciously and stick to a heart-healthy eating pattern. Recipes like our One-Pot Lentil & Vegetable Soup with Parmesan and Mushroom Shawarma with Yogurt-Tahini Sauce are so tasty, you’ll want to make them on repeat.
1 of 20
One-Pot Lentil & Vegetable Soup with Parmesan
This lentil-vegetable soup is packed with kale and tomatoes for a filling, flavorful main dish. If you have it, the Parmesan cheese rind adds nuttiness and gives the broth some body.
2 of 20
25-Minute Sweet Potato & Bean Enchiladas
These quick sweet potato and bean enchiladas are diabetes-friendly thanks to egg wraps that are lower in carbs than traditional tortillas. The vegetarian filling is both sweet and savory, while the topping adds texture and freshness.
3 of 20
Chinese Crispy Noodles with Tofu & Peanut Sauce
This peanut-tofu noodles dish is inspired by chow mein, a Chinese-American dish featuring fried noodles. Pan-crisping the noodles here mimics the crunch of the traditional dish, but limits the saturated fat. Look for Chinese noodles or lo mein noodles in the Asian or international aisle of major grocery stores.
4 of 20
Lemony Linguine with Spring Vegetables
Instead of cooking pasta in a huge pot of water, here we use just 3 1/2 cups for this one-pot pasta recipe. When the pasta is al dente, most of the water has evaporated and the bit that’s left is thickened with the starch that cooks off the pasta. With just a few add-ins like lemon and Parmesan cheese you have a delicious silky sauce. Want to use up your veggie stash in the freezer? Swap in 8 ounces frozen spinach for fresh.
5 of 20
Mushroom Shawarma with Yogurt-Tahini Sauce
The bold spices and cooling and creamy tahini-yogurt sauce make these vegetarian pitas a home run for lunch or dinner. The meaty, umami-rich mushrooms do enough heavy lifting so that you don’t miss the meat at all.
6 of 20
Pressure-Cooker Grain Bowl
Whip up this healthy vegetarian grain bowl with ease in your Instant Pot. Pressure-cooking the sweet potato is faster and yields the perfect texture. A drizzle of homemade spicy dressing takes this easy dinner to the next level.
7 of 20
Meal-Prep Roasted Vegetable Bowls with Pesto
Your co-workers will be jealous when you pull out this healthy lunch of roasted veggies and brown rice. Put together 4 lunches when you have time and you will have packable lunches (or ready-to-eat dinners) for several days–just grab a container on your way out the door in the morning.
8 of 20
Stuffed Sweet Potato with Hummus Dressing
Hearty yet simple to prepare, this stuffed sweet potato with black beans, kale and hummus dressing is a fantastic 5-ingredient lunch for one!
9 of 20
Veggie & Hummus Sandwich
This mile-high vegetable and hummus sandwich makes the perfect heart-healthy vegetarian lunch to go. Mix it up with different flavors of hummus and different types of vegetables depending on your mood.
10 of 20
Chickpea Curry (Chhole)
Made with convenient canned beans, this quick and healthy Indian recipe is an authentic chickpea curry that you can make in minutes. If you want an additional vegetable, stir in some roasted cauliflower florets. Serve with brown basmati rice or warm naan.