This weeks Healthy Easy Foods For Lunch is a healthy and delicious recipe for salmon. Salmon is one of my favorite lunch recipes not just because it’s delicious, but also because it’s easy to prepare, incredibly healthy and very filling. If you have tried making fish at home before and found that it was a bit more complicated than you had anticipated then you will be pleased to know that this recipe is soooo simple!
Healthy Easy Foods For Lunch
Forget soggy sandwiches and let our healthy recipes inspire you to make tastier packed lunches. From salads to soups, you’ll be looking forward to lunchtime.
- A star rating of 5 out of 5.5 ratingsStuck for lunchbox inspiration? Try this healthy chicken and butterbean salad, which will fill you up for the afternoon and deliver four of your 5-a-day
- Roasted veg & couscous saladA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.36 ratingsThrow together a filling and fragrant couscous salad for a vegetarian lunchbox meal, or double it for a buffet
- Lime prawn cocktail pitta saladA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.4 ratingsMake this speedy lime prawn cocktail salad as a filling lunch that packs a flavour-punch. It’s tasty, healthy and low in calories
- Wasabi chicken rice saladA star rating of 3 out of 5.2 ratingsUse leftover chicken to make this easy rice bowl for lunch. With a punchy wasabi, lime and yogurt dressing, it’s full of flavour and healthy too
- Bombay potato frittataA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.27 ratingsPack in the flavour with this Indian-inspired frittata. Perfect for a healthy lunch, it’s low in calories and fat and full of nutrients
- Smoky beef stewA star rating of 3.9 out of 5.24 ratingsEnjoy this simple stew for dinner, then pack into boxes to keep you going for lunches
- Sesame chicken noodlesA star rating of 4.2 out of 5.7 ratingsForget soggy lunchbox sandwiches and whip up a tasty and healthy chicken and noodle salad for lunch using our pre-made roast chicken recipe
- Meal prep: riceA star rating of 3.8 out of 5.9 ratingsEat well at work with two lunchboxes made from the same rice base – one with tuna, the other with feta and beetroot. They’re gluten-free and high in protein
- Coronation chicken saladA star rating of 5 out of 5.3 ratingsRustle up this healthy and filling coronation chicken salad for a packed lunch in just five minutes using our roast chicken cooked beforehand to save time
- Healthy chicken saladA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.36 ratingsThis easy-to-prepare healthy chicken salad is filled with zingy flavours – the simplified version is great for kids’ lunchboxes too
- Butternut squash saladA star rating of 4 out of 5.33 ratingsGet a whopping 4 of your 5-a-day with this superhealthy salad, why not make extra for your lunchbox too
- Lemony tuna & asparagus salad boxA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.12 ratingsA new take on the classic salad Niçoise. This lean salad is bulked out by storecupboard cannellini beans and flavoured with dill and lemon
- Sunshine Cobb saladA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.6 ratingsPack 4 of your 5-a-day into your lunchbox with this healthy black bean, egg and prawn salad with a sweet chilli and lime dressing
- Chicken taco saladA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.7 ratingsA crunchy chicken salad that’s zesty, healthy and 4 of your 5-a-day. Try this for variety in your teenager’s lunchbox or take it to work
- Lemon & coriander hummusA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.30 ratingsHummus is so easy to make and beats shop-bought varieties every time. Try it with vegetable crudités in your packed lunch
- Hearty mushroom soupA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.75 ratingsA satisfying and low-fat vegetarian soup that’s a good source of folic acid
- Healthy Turkish meatloafA star rating of 3.6 out of 5.15 ratingsServe this lamb meatloaf and salad at a summer picnic or packed up for lunch. It’s tasty and healthy too, delivering all five of your five-a-day
- Spiced carrot & lentil soupA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.1212 ratingsA delicious, spicy blend packed full of iron and low in fat to boot. It’s ready in under half an hour, or can be made in a slow cooker
- Stuffed Moroccan pittaA star rating of 3.2 out of 5.8 ratingsStuff wheat-free bread with falafels, hummus, red pepper and rocket leaves for a healthy and filling lunch
- Prawn & avocado wrapA star rating of 3.5 out of 5.2 ratingsWrap up something healthy for your lunchbox. This sandwich is flavoured with lime, spring onion and spicy sauce
- Bean & barley soupA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.18 ratingsLow-fat, vegetarian and super-healthy, this filling one-pot lunch or dinner is packed with chickpeas, butter beans and pearl barley
- Spicy avocado wrapsA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.21 ratingsPan-fry vegetarian, chicken-style pieces with lime, chilli and garlic, then pile onto seeded tortilla wraps – cool before assembling if packing for lunch
- Veggie wholewheat pot noodleA star rating of 3.5 out of 5.4 ratingsThis clever packed lunch is super healthy, with crisp vegetables, wholewheat noodles and a spicy, zingy dressing
- Vitality chicken salad with avocado dressingA star rating of 4 out of 5.9 ratingsA super-green, healthy mix of soya beans, cucumber, avocado and Little Gem lettuce – topped with lean shredded chicken breast
18 10-Minute Lunches You’ll Want to Make This Summer
A fresh, seasonal lunch is only a few minutes away when these recipes are on the menu. Treat yourself to a quick midday meal that’s undeniably tasty, from a simple veggie sandwich to a mini cheese board. Recipes like our Cucumber Sandwich and Mashed Chickpea Salad with Dill & Capers are quick, healthy lunches that include fresh summer veggies, fruits and herbs for a flavorful lunch break.
1 of 18
This creamy, crunchy cucumber sandwich recipe strikes a lovely balance between decadent and light. The cream cheese-yogurt spread complements the crisp refreshing cucumber while the hearty flavor and texture of the whole-wheat bread holds everything together. Removing the crusts makes it more delicate than your average sandwich.
2 of 18
White Bean & Avocado Toast
Mashed avocado and white beans make for a fiber-rich and creamy topping, the perfect partner for a crispy slice of toast. Try it for a quick breakfast or snack.
3 of 18
Veggie & Hummus Sandwich
This mile-high vegetable and hummus sandwich makes the perfect heart-healthy vegetarian lunch to go. Mix it up with different flavors of hummus and different types of vegetables depending on your mood.
4 of 18
Mashed Chickpea Salad with Dill & Capers
This creamy yet light vegan salad is full of bright, herby goodness. On its own, it’s great to serve alongside a sandwich or veggie burger in place of potato salad or coleslaw. You can also make it into a light lunch by adding a handful of arugula to enjoy it as a green salad. Double the recipe and refrigerate to have on hand throughout the week.
5 of 18
Fruit, Veggie & Cheese Plate
This healthy fruit, veggie and cheese plate is easy and affordable to pull together for a fun snack-style dinner at home or can be packed up and enjoyed as an outdoor picnic.
6 of 18
West Coast Avocado Toast
Hummus, sprouts and avocado top sprouted whole-wheat bread in this healthy vegan lunch idea. Look for sprouted bread in the freezer section of your grocery store.
7 of 18
Open-Face Goat Cheese Sandwich with Tomato & Avocado Salad
This simple lunch comes together in just 10 minutes, making it a great option for busy days.
8 of 18
Chicken Caprese Sandwich
This chicken caprese sandwich has all the classic flavors of a caprese salad with an added boost of protein from grilled chicken. Using store-bought grilled chicken makes assembly quick and easy. This sandwich for one is made in a skillet, but would work equally well in a panini press if you have one on hand.
9 of 18
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
This vegan chickpea salad sandwich is lemony, bright and surprisingly delicious. It’s got all the flavors of a classic tuna salad sandwich—dill, lemon and a bit of garlic—but with chickpeas instead to add a vegan source of protein and a healthy boost of fiber. Celery brings a nice crunch.
10 of 18
Black Bean & Slaw Bagel
This easy open-face sandwich recipe uses a jalapeño-Cheddar bagel, but a plain bagel would work just as well. Top each bagel half with black beans and fresh slaw for a satisfying bite.
HEALTHY EASY FOOD FOR LUNCH
Bulgur & quinoa lunch bowls
Rating: 5 out of 5.18 ratingsThese meal prep grain bowls use one base and two deliciously different toppings. Choose from avocado, olives and rocket or chickpeas, beetroot and orange20 minsEasyHealthyVegan
Feta & clementine lunch bowl
Rating: 4 out of 5.15 ratingsPair piquant feta with green lentils, sweet clementines and crunchy peppers in this colourful packed lunch. It’s low-calorie and rich in vitamin C and fibre30 minsEasyVegetarianGluten-free
Giant Yorkshire pudding Sunday lunch
Rating: 5 out of 5.15 ratingsTry this twist on a Sunday roast, with steak, potatoes, veg and gravy served in a giant Yorkshire pudding. Prep ahead and make Sunday lunch in no time1 h 5 minsEasy
Turkey & clementine lunch bowl
Rating: 4 out of 5.6 ratingsNuts, pulses and lean meat make this a protein-rich lunch that’s perfect to promote recovery after exercise. It’s also packed with vitamin C and folate30 minsEasy
Christmas lunch loaf
Rating: 4 out of 5.3 ratingsLooking for an alternative to turkey at Christmas? This festive lunch loaf is packed with flavour, plus it’s cheaper and easier to prep and serve2 h 10 minsEasy
Leftover Christmas lunch patties with gochujang mayo
Rating: 5 out of 5.1 ratingEliminate Christmas food waste with these easy patties. Filled with leftover roasties, veg, stuffing and meats, they make a great brunch on Boxing Day37 minsEasy
Smoked salmon, quinoa & dill lunch pot
Rating: 4 out of 5.9 ratingsThis easy packed lunch is as delicious as it is nutritious, with crunchy cucumber and radishes and a herby, creamy dressing15 minsEasyGluten-free
Rating: 5 out of 5.205 ratingsMake the most of mushrooms with this comforting mushroom soup recipe made with cream, onions and garlic. Serve for lunch or as a starter with crusty bread35 minsEasy
Rating: 5 out of 5.229 ratingsCook up a batch of fresh, low-calorie celery soup for a healthy and filling veggie lunch or supper. Serve with chunks of crusty bread55 minsEasyHealthyVegetarian
Sweet potato & lentil soup
Rating: 5 out of 5.305 ratingsSatisfying and simple to make, homemade soup is a great supper or take-to-work lunch.35 minsEasyVegetarian
Peanut butter chicken
Rating: 4 out of 5.308 ratingsYou’ll love this new, budget chicken dish. Any leftovers freeze well and make a handy lunch.50 minsEasyGluten-free
Hearty pasta soup
Rating: 5 out of 5.357 ratingsDo something different with a pack of tortellini. This filling soup is full of fibre and veg, plus it’s low in fat. The perfect lunch or supper30 minsEasyVegetarian
Ultimate roast potatoes
Rating: 5 out of 5.289 ratingsThis foolproof recipe will ensure even first timers get crispy skins and fluffy insides. Make sure your roast potatoes are perfect for Sunday lunch or even Christmas dinner1 h 10 minsEasy
Rating: 5 out of 5.84 ratingsPack these vegan wraps with vegetables, rice and chipotle black beans to make a delicious and nutritious lunch.40 minsEasyVegan
Roasted sweet potato & carrot soup
Rating: 5 out of 5.190 ratingsThis silky smooth, super versatile vegetarian soup is perfect for a dinner party starter, everyday dinner or warming lunch. Plus it’s two of your five-a-day50 minsEasyVegetarian
Rating: 4 out of 5.84 ratingsThrow together this comforting and creamy cauliflower soup for lunch or a light supper. It’s perfect topped with parsley and served with crusty bread40 minsEasyHealthyVegetarian
Rating: 5 out of 5.49 ratingsSimmer haddock, potatoes, milk, onion and parsley to make this comforting soup. Serve with crusty bread for a filling lunch or supper40 minsEasyHealthyGluten-free
Bombay potato frittata
Rating: 5 out of 5.27 ratingsPack in the flavour with this Indian-inspired frittata. Perfect for a healthy lunch, it’s low in calories and fat and full of nutrients 50 minsEasyHealthyVegetarian
Rating: 5 out of 5.66 ratingsThis easy low-carb lunch is packed with iron rich veggies, crunchy cashews and chicken. Serve with your favourite steamed greens and a scattering of coriander1 h 20 minsEasy
Spicy chicken & avocado wraps
Rating: 4 out of 5.78 ratingsPan-fry lean chicken breast with lime, chilli and garlic, then pile onto seeded tortilla wraps. Cool before assembling if packing for lunch13 minsEasyHealthy
Soup maker broccoli and stilton soup
Rating: 5 out of 5.45 ratingsMake a batch of classic broccoli and stilton soup with the help of a soup maker. It’s freezable so you can make ahead for busy days, or a packed lunch35 minsEasyVegetarian
Vegan chickpea curry jacket potatoes
Rating: 5 out of 5.69 ratingsGet some protein into a vegan diet with this tasty chickpea curry jacket. It’s an easy midweek meal, or filling lunch that packs a lot of flavour.1 hEasyHealthyVegan
Turkey tikka masala
Rating: 5 out of 5.35 ratingsCrave spice after the traditional Christmas lunch? Want to turn your leftover turkey into a whole new dish? This tasty turkey tikka masala is for you50 minsEasyGluten-free
Red lentil & carrot soup
Rating: 4 out of 5.106 ratingsThis warming and budget-friendly vegetarian soup is perfect packed in a flask for lunch. It’s also easy to double the quantities and freeze half for later25 minsEasyHealthyVegetarian