Believe it or not, there are some pretty amazing healthy gluten free dinner ideas out there. From appetizers to meat main dishes to veggies and desserts, a gluten free diet doesn’t have to mean an incomplete menu. These healthy gluten free dinner ideas will have you saying no to fast food (which likely has ingredients you can’t eat) and yes to home cooked meals that are in fact fast. So if you happen to be tired of the same old pasta night, take a look at the wealth of options below and add a few new recipes to your healthy meals to enjoy rotation.
HEALTHY GLUTEN FREE DINNERS
- Enjoy these Jamaican-inspired curry prawns made with coconut milk, tomatoes, chilli and plenty of spices for a flavour-packed dinner. Serve with rice
- Charred salmon with fennel & olive saladA star rating of 5 out of 5.3 ratingsThe flavours of the fish work well with the crunch of the aniseedy fennel salad
- Fresh topped pizzaA star rating of 4.1 out of 5.9 ratingsThis gluten-free pizza is sure to become a family favourite
- Pulled lamb shoulder with sticky pomegranate glazeA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.39 ratingsCooking the meat really slowly in fruit juice makes it meltingly tender, and the juices double up as a sweet glaze
- Chicken drumsticks with cashew & turmeric (kalmi kebab)A star rating of 4 out of 5.1 ratingMake this North Indian favourite: chicken legs marinated in garlicky yogurt, cream and cashew nut paste and spiced with turmeric and ginger
- Sticky chicken with sherry, almonds & datesA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.13 ratingsTender roasted chicken legs coated in a lip-smacking glaze – ideal for feeding a crowd
- Guinea fowl with roast chestnutsA star rating of 3.9 out of 5.7 ratingsUse chicken if you prefer in this rustic autumnal roast with homemade gravy
- Whole roast bream with potatoes & olivesA star rating of 4.2 out of 5.30 ratingsRoasting the fish along with the potatoes means all the lovely flavours mingle
- Moroccan spiced fish with ginger mashA star rating of 4 out of 5.21 ratingsSpice up white fish fillets with a flavoured butter and serve with fluffy sweet potato mash
- Rosemary chicken with tomato sauceA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.158 ratingsThis Italian-style casserole will warm you up, and it’s great value too
- Mushroom-stuffed chicken with lemon thyme risottoA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.13 ratingsEver tried risotto as a side dish? It’s perfect with these chicken breasts with a rich porcini stuffing
- Smoked haddock dauphinoiseA star rating of 3.8 out of 5.4 ratingsAdd smoked haddock to dauphinoise to make an easier, freeze-ahead fish pie. It’s a great fuss-free dinner when you have family or friends over
- Trout with almonds & red peppersA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.18 ratingsTry trout instead of salmon – it’s quick and easy to cook, and this recipe is full of sunshine flavours
- Rump steak with quick mushroom and red wine sauceA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.30 ratingsMake a restaurant-style sauce for your steak in 15 minutes – perfect with creamy mash
- Easy chicken casseroleA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.161 ratingsThis flavoursome, low-fat chicken casserole is easy to make and freezes really well, so why not make double and freeze for speedy midweek meals
- Courgette & quinoa-stuffed peppersA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.21 ratingsTake just 5 ingredients and create this healthy Mediterranean-style vegetarian bake for a low-calorie, low-fat supper
- Baked polenta with spinach & goat’s cheeseA star rating of 4.1 out of 5.20 ratingsThis Italian vegetarian recipe is smart enough for a dinner party, but has just six ingredients
Gluten-Free Dinner Recipes
Find healthy, delicious gluten-free dinner recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell.
Cucumber Vinegar Salad This cucumber vinegar salad has the perfect balance between sweet and sour flavors, plus a hint of fresh dill. The red onion adds nice crunch. Enjoy this salad right after you’re done making it or store it away to snack on for later.
Chicken & Spinach Skillet Pasta with Lemon & ParmesanThis one-pan pasta that combines lean chicken breast and sautéed spinach for a one-bowl meal is garlicky, lemony and best served with a little Parm on top. I call it “Mom’s Skillet Pasta” and she called it “Devon’s Favorite Pasta.” Either way it’s a quick and easy weeknight dinner we created together and scribbled on a little recipe card more than a decade ago, and it remains in my weekly dinner rotation to this day. It’s a simple dinner the whole family will love.
Red Lentil Fritters with Ginger-Yogurt Sauce Here we soak lentils instead of fully cooking them, which gives them just enough added moisture to be whirred up into a fritter without being too wet. Serve these curry-spiced fritters on top of a green salad or tucked into a pita.
Ground Beef & Potatoes SkilletRating: 5 stars4In this healthy dinner recipe, ground beef and potatoes are paired with colorful veggies, including kale, tomato and peppers. Everything is cooked in one skillet, which allows for layers of flavor to build quickly while also cutting back on the number of dishes.
Garlic Butter-Roasted Salmon with Potatoes & AsparagusThis spring-produce-packed one-pan meal makes a healthy and satisfying weeknight dinner. Melted garlic butter coats the salmon and vegetables, adding depth of flavor and richness to the dish.
Chicken Cutlets with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce Though a chicken cutlet may be a chicken breast cut in half, this recipe shows how to make chicken cutlets with double the deliciousness. A jar of sun-dried tomatoes does double duty for this healthy dinner recipe. The flavorful oil they’re packed in is used to sauté the chicken, and the tomatoes go into the cream sauce.
Red Lentil Soup with SaffronRating: 4.5 stars5This hearty red lentil soup uses spices common in Persian cuisine: turmeric, cumin and saffron. Enjoy it with a warm baguette or steamed rice.
One-Pot Garlicky Shrimp & Spinach Shrimp, spinach and garlic brown and cook quickly for a simple one-pot weeknight dinner. A fast pan sauce gets life from zesty lemon juice, warm crushed red pepper and herby parsley. Serve with a slice of whole-wheat baguette to swipe up every last drop of sauce.
Easy Chicken Enchilada CasseroleRating: 4.5 stars12Casseroles make perfect meal-prep dinners–this enchilada version is so easy to prep ahead. The whole casserole can be built and left to hang out in the refrigerator for up to three days. Then all you have to do is bake it off on a busy night and you have a healthy dinner on the table in a jiff. The quick homemade enchilada sauce in this recipe is great when you don’t have any of the canned sauce on hand–just season crushed tomatoes with spices and salt for an instant enchilada sauce
Balsamic-Parmesan Sautéed SpinachRating: 5 stars1Tender spinach with a hint of garlic, Parmesan cheese and sweet balsamic vinegar makes a quick and flavorful side dish. The sturdy leaves of mature spinach hold up best during cooking.
Vegan Superfood Grain BowlsRating: 4.5 stars6This nutrient-packed grain bowl recipe comes together in 15 minutes with the help of a few convenience-food shortcuts like prewashed baby kale, microwavable quinoa and precooked beets. Pack these ahead to keep on hand for easy meal-prep lunches or dinners on busy nights.
- Super greens frittata slice
- Sicilian salmon and cauliflower tray bake
- Slow cooker French onion pork roast
- Gluten-free bolognaise bake
- Gluten-free paprika fish with broccoli tabouleh
- Asian chicken soup
- Polenta, cheese and mushroom pizz
- Crispy crumbed chicken and slaw
- Baked pancetta and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and quinoa soup
- Chorizo and mexi-bean nachos