Getting a healthy light lunch ideas for work is the best option particularly if you are trying to lose weight. At the same time, this shouldn’t mean that you need to eat a boring or tasteless meal. You can still eat and enjoy your lunch even though it is small, amazingly simple and light yet nutritious.
Do you find yourself constantly giving into that 3 p.m. lunchtime hunger? Do you have a light lunch before heading back to the office after a morning workout, but are bored of the same old deli sandwich?
Healthy Light Lunch Ideas For Work
Chef John’s Fresh Spring Rolls
Fruity Curry Chicken Salad
Amazingly Good and Healthy Tuna Salad
Antipasto Salad II
Cheese Tortellini Salad
Marinated Cucumber, Onion, and Tomato Salad
Amy’s Kidney Bean Salad
BLT Bow Tie Salad
Light lunch ideas for work. This lovely side dish of light fluffy bulgur studded with bits of toasted almonds and crisp green beans is a wonderful alternative to rice. If you like Light Lunch Ideas you might love these ideas. Sue Sibson Howard South Carolina.
The lemon tones down the jicamas sweetness. For a lower-carb option serve the poboy open-faced on a baguette half. Make a meal plan for your weekly lunches.
There are also vegan gluten-free and low-carb lunch ideas organized by category. Cowboy Caviar with some multigrain chips. Easy Kale Salad kale and shredded deli meat with s side of leftover Pizza Dip.
Stick to your budget by making your lunch at home and packing it for work. A healthy lunch doesnt have to be expensive. Avo and chicken are always a solid combo.
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad on a bed of lettuce. With over 50 easy healthy lunch ideas to inspire you including cold. This tangy and sweet condiment has a little spicy kick.
A typical English ploughmans lunch contains cold cheese pickles and bread. Melissa Pelkey Hass Waleska Georgia. Pizza Roll-Up Bento Lunch.
These cool and creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps are a super quick and easy lunch or light. Roasted Squash with Crispy Bulgur Crumbs 10 of 17. Brussels sprouts are a great alternative to lettuce for a greens-based salad maybe because they look like tiny heads of cabbage.
They also make an excellent lunch on the go. Leftover Vegetable Pie with lunch meat cracker and fresh fruit. Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps.
This light and refreshing cucumber salad makes for a light lunch or side dish that will keep well in the fridge for days. But if you havent tried it this is a good recipe. No-fuss no-cook and big.
Quick Light Lunches. Shrimp PoBoys with Pineapple Slaw. This twist on the traditional poboy sandwich adds flavor and veggies while reducing fat and calories.
A typical English ploughmans lunch contains cold cheese pickles and bread. Enjoy them whole or slice them into 1-inch pieces to serve them as an appetizer. Chicken White Bean Salad.
Beef n Cheese Wraps. Crockpot Cool Ranch Chicken Wrap. This streamlined version of a northern Italian idea is perfect for a summer evening.
This tangy and sweet condiment has a little spicy kick. Reviewer Katzmagick in the Kitchen says I bought jicama for the first time always thought it was a strange thing. For a smoked flavor grill the shrimp.
Get the recipe from Delish. These make-ahead wraps are delicious portable and ideal for picnics and tailgates. We lighten ours by pairing Gruyère cheese and a whole-wheat baguette with almonds grapes radishes and homemade Spiced Apple Chutney.
Here are the types of easy lunch ideas youll find below as you scroll down. And as someone who studied abroad in Spain I can tell you that Manchego cheese is the best. Italian Deli Roll Ups A Low Carb Recipe Mantitlement.
Perk up your back to work lunch box with one of these great ideas, all low in calories with low-fat, low-carb and 5:2 friendly options. From a superfood salad to protein-rich hot smoked salmon, avocado and egg, to light and crunchy Asian carrot and edamame bean salad.
4 ways to top your ramen
Packs of instant ramen are a brilliant storecupboard standby. Here are four quick and easy ways to give them a posh makeover.
5 avocado on toast ideas
We love avo toast so much that we’ve found five ways to make it even fancier. These super simple recipes are perfect for a mid-morning snack or quick lunch.
Turn the classic tuna niçoise salad into a lunchtime wrap with Nadine Brown’s 25-minute recipe. It’s a satisfying array of flavours and textures, ideal for a speedy pick-me-up lunch.
4 easy grain bowls
Check out these simple meals using ready-to-eat grain pouches. These recipes are super easy to make and are great for a speedy lunch.
4 quick quesadillas
Looking for easy and exciting lunch ideas? Get inventive with your quesadillas with our finger-licking filling recipes.
4 one-pan eggs recipes
Jazz up your eggs with one of these quick and easy solo brunch recipes, all in one-pan. From punchy chilli eggs to cheesy mushroom and brie omelette.
4 easy spaghetti recipes
Need a quick and easy meal that’s packed with flavour? Make lunch in a flash with these no-cook spaghetti sauces.
4 ways to top your bagels
Perk up your lunchbox with our quick and easy savoury sandwich spreads from jazzed up egg mayo to a moreish greek spread with crumbly feta and olives.
Workplace meetings don’t have to be fueled by doughnuts and candy.
Sometimes we need sustenance to slog through office meetings. But is your conference room table laden with doughnuts, sodas, candy or other junk food? The extra sugar and fat won’t help anyone’s hearts and waistlines. Plus, healthier food can improve office productivity.
Short of suggesting banning all meetings — though that’s tempting — Stacey Kendrick, M.S., a longtime health educator, recommends these ideas for healthier eating while meeting.
Healthy office meeting breakfast ideas:
- Fresh fruit: bananas, apples, oranges and tangerines are portable finger foods that don’t make a big mess.
- Single-serve yogurts.
- Make-your-own parfaits: Provide a bowl of plain or vanilla fat-free or low-fat yogurt and some fruit, granola and nuts for toppings.
- Hard-cooked eggs (brown ones bring beautiful color to the table).
- Part-skim string cheese sticks.
- Low-fat, whole-grain crackers with peanut butter (preferably the kind with no added ingredients beyond the peanuts).
- And of course, coffee! Just go easy on the sugar and half-and-half.
Healthy lunch meeting food ideas:
- Order in sandwich wraps made with whole-grain tortillas, lean deli meat such as turkey and lots of veggies. Or buy the fixins’ to let people make their own.
- Avoid deli items heavy on the mayonnaise, such as chicken salad or tuna salad.
- Make-your-own taco bar, with whole-grain tortillas, shredded chicken, lettuce, tomato, black beans, salsa and shredded low-fat cheese.
- Box lunches with a fruit cup instead of cookies and baked chips instead of fried.
- Fresh fruit.
- Baked potato chips.
- Part-skim string cheese sticks.
- Hummus with whole-grain pita bread or low-fat pretzels — or better yet, celery, baby carrots or sliced peppers to dip.
- Water in place of soda, sweet tea or sugary lemonade.
Afternoon meeting snack ideas:
- Hummus with whole-grain pita bread or low-fat pretzels — or the celery, baby carrots or sliced peppers for dipping.
- Low-fat pretzels.
- Low-fat popcorn.
- Fresh fruit: Tangerines and apples look pretty gathered in a large bowl.
- Low-fat, low-sugar granola or fiber bars.
Healthy dessert ideas for office parties:
- Angel food cake, with sliced fruit.
- Yogurt parfaits.
- Make-your-own trail mix, with granola, nuts, dried fruits such as raisins or apricots, shredded wheat, pretzels, coconut flakes and dark chocolate chips. Let everyone scoop favorite combos into snack-sized baggies to encourage healthy portions.
- Fruit skewers, drizzled with honey or with vanilla low-fat yogurt as a dip.
- Individually portioned dark chocolate.
- More water! Skip the coffee late in the day. Too much caffeine can interfere with quality sleep.