Ever find yourself in need of an awesome recipe featuring chicken?! I rounded up my go-to healthy chicken recipes that I love to prep for easy, weekday meals. These recipes are flavorful, delicious, and perfect for feeding the family or enjoying for lunch the next day!
Why cook with chicken?
1. Chicken is SO versatile. You can use it tons of different dishes – from soups and salads to chilis and stir-frys.
2. The flavors are totally customizable. I love experimenting with new spices and sauces when I’m cooking with chicken, and it holds flavor incredibly well.
3. It’s good for you! Chicken is great for incorporating into your weekday meals to add healthy, lean protein.
This round up has everything from appetizers (like delicious wings) to my absolute favorite enchiladas, so you’ll be able to spice up your weekday meals in no time.
1. Butternut Squash Green Chile Chicken Soup
2. Healthy Chicken Chickpea Chopped Salad
3. One Pan Thai Coconut Yellow Curry Chicken & Rice
4. Spicy Black Bean Chicken Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sour Cream Sauce
5. Slow Cooker Black Bean Quinoa Pumpkin Chicken Chili
6. Layered BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Enchilada Casserole
7. 4 Easy Chicken Marinades
8. Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry with Coconut-Ginger Brown Rice + Crushed Cashews
9. 20 Minute Garlic Parmesan Rigatoni with Chicken Sausage & Broccoli
10. Cheesy Chicken Quinoa Enchilada Meatloaf Muffins
11. Jerk Chicken with Caribbean Rice & Mango Salsa
12. Golden Coconut Chicken Lentil Soup
Healthy Easy Chicken Recipes
This list of easy chicken recipes makes cooking good healthy meals at home just as easy as picking up or ordering in.
BEST Easy Healthy Chicken Recipes
When it comes to deciding what’s for dinner tonight, it’s not always easy to come up with new ideas, especially when it comes to everyone’s favorite: Chicken. It’s a fact that chicken has become the most popular meat in the whole world, growing 70% in popularity since 1990. It’s no wonder then, that there are so many chicken recipes to choose from. That’s why I’m making it easier for you, and narrowing the field.
From whole roasted chickens better than any you’ll find at the grocery store check out, to the easiest ways to cook chicken breasts, this list of 30 chicken recipes dinner ideas will satisfy every member of your family no matter how picky they may seem to be.
Skillet Chicken Recipes
Pan-frying and stir-frying lends amazing flavor to chicken. Bonus: Some of these recipes are made entirely in one skillet and it doesn’t get much easier than that.
1. 30 Minute Chicken Caprese
This bright and flavorful dish features my favorite caprese salad ingredients ingredients and store-bought pesto with boneless chicken breasts for a quick-to-make dinner that’s perfect for weeknights.
2. Thai Chicken and Cucumber Salad
This simple, refreshing salad is a favorite all year long with tender chicken cooked in a lighter Thai flavored sauce to make a crunchy salad that makes a meal.
3. Chicken Fajitas
These easy, one-skillet, restaurant-level fajitas only take 30 minutes to make, and are so legit. The key to their awesome flavor is the simple homemade fajita seasoning mix and the almighty cast iron skillet.
4. Vietnamese Curry Chicken and Rice Noodle Salad Bowl
This clean and fresh noodle salad gets its savory flavor from curried chicken dressed with the most addicting lime and rice vinegar dressing and fresh herbs. Tons of fresh veggies and peanuts give it an irresistible crunch.
5. Easy Chicken Breasts with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
This isn’t your same-old, same-old chicken dinner recipe. Pan fry chicken breasts in a creamy mushroom sauce and serve alongside orzo and asparagus for a go-to dinner idea no matter the time of year.
6. Thai Basil Chicken Recipes
You’re just a few easy steps away from a spicy dinner that highlights authentic Thai flavors – think fresh ginger, Thai basil and a coconut sauce – and works perfectly over rice or noodles.
7. Mediterranean Chicken Quinoa Bowl with Broccoli and Tomato
This healthy, Mediterranean-inspired chicken quinoa bowl is perfect for quick and easy meal-prep dinners. Plus, it’s flexible enough to mix and match ingredients for take-to-work lunches that never get boring.
8. Easy Chicken Piccata
An Italian classic! This easy chicken piccata is topped with a lemon-caper sauce for a light, bright dinner. With just 10 minutes prep time and 10 minutes cooking time, it’ll be on your plate, ready to be devoured, in nearly no time at all.
9. Thai Coconut Chicken and Rice
How easy is this one-pot recipe? So easy. This chicken and rice recipe puts a load of healthy ingredients into one slurpable bowl. Serve it over rice or noodles for the perfect chopstick practicing exercise. Win/win/win.
Baked and Roasted Chicken Recipes
Whether it’s a sheet pan chicken dinners or a classic roast chicken, you can’t go wrong.
10. The Best Baked Chicken Breast
Whether you’re working on making your weekly meal prep easier, or need a quick and simple recipe for weeknight dinners, this recipe has all my secrets for the best baked chicken breast guaranteed to come out perfectly juicy every single time.
11. Roasted Chicken, Butternut Squash and Guacamole Rice Bowls
Sheet pan roasted chicken breasts, butternut squash, and red onion served with black beans, brown rice and guacamole make this a healthy, hearty meal in a bowl that is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
Chicken Breast Basics: How To Cook Chicken Breast Simply and Perfectly
- Perfectly Poached Chicken. Just what it sounds like—a simple, perfect way to poach plain, boneless, skinless chicken breasts. This go-to recipe is ideal for weekend meal prepping!
- Chicken Piccata. The one and only, classic Italian chicken piccata. Lemony, caper-y, buttery goodness.
- Creamy Tomato Chicken Skillet Dinner. An easy, cheesy chicken breast supper that’s as basic as they come.
- One-Pan Honey Mustard Chicken. Familiar flavors and a single skillet yield easy chicken dinner perfection.
- Indian Butter Chicken. Hailing from Delhi, butter chicken is an absolute classic—succulent chicken pieces are simmered in a creamy tomato sauce to make for a cozy meal that everyone will love.
Our Favorite Baked Chicken Breast Recipes
- Lemon Chicken. Garlic, herbs and lemon—plus a glug of white wine—mean that these juicy, tender chicken breasts are as delicious as they are healthy.
- Pesto Chicken Bruschetta. Chicken breasts are simply baked to perfection, topped with fresh mozzarella and juicy, garlicky fresh chopped tomatoes that’s basically everything you love about bruschetta, minus the bread
- Chicken Empanadas. Tender, juicy shredded chicken, onions, peppers and garlic make a hearty, savory filling for this easy empanada recipe. Pro tip: make a bunch and freeze some for later.
- Buffalo Chicken Bites. All of the spicy, vinegary, zingy flavor of Buffalo wings with none of the mess, OR the deep-frying—healthier, easier, and just as delicious, these chicken bites are a win-win-win.
- Greek Chicken Freezer Meal. A super lemony, herbal marinade is the key to making this simple chicken-and-potatoes freezer meal radiate bright, summery, sun-soaked flavors—even after months in the freezer.
- Chicken Shawarma Sheet Pan Dinner. Sheet pan dinners, to the rescue again! This time, we’ve tossed chicken breasts with classic shawarma spices to make a simple, healthy, flavorful chicken dinner.
- Roasted Salsa Verde Chicken Nachos. Nachos are a totally valid dinner option. FYI.
- Chicken Shawarma Nachos. See above. Nachos for dinner FTW.
Like A Hug, But Chicken: The Most Comforting Chicken Breast Recipes.
- Creamy Chicken Orzo. Kinda like risotto, but orzo—creamy, carby, chicken-y, this creamy chicken orzo is a cold weather day-saver.
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie. When did people stop making chicken pot pie? And, more importantly, WHY? Chicken pot pie is so, so good—particularly this one!
- Low-Carb Chicken Divan. This creamy chicken casserole is a childhood favorite of ours, and we’ve updated it for the new millennium with some low-carb swaps that mean we (and you) can indulge in it a little more often than we used to!
- Stuffed Chicken Breast. Stuffed with mozzarella cheese, pesto and sun-dried tomatoes, this straight-out-of-the-80s chicken breast is the melty comfort we crave.
- Thai Fried Rice with Basil. Fried rice is absolutely a comfort food in our homes. This lovely, simple Thai basil fried rice—loaded with chicken breast and savory rice—is a one-pan dinner that always hits the spot.
Tex-Mex Chicken Breast Recipes
- Green Chicken Enchiladas. Creamy, cheesy, and so very easy—these chicken enchiladas are slathered in tangy green enchilada sauce and are everything you’re craving today (and, let’s be honest, every day).
- Baked Chicken Quesadilla. Chicken quesadillas are the easiest and most delicious meal-for-a-crowd! Made with shredded chicken, sour cream and plenty of cheese, they are always a hit.
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas. Super-flavorful, these simplified chicken breast fajitas make a simple, trusty weeknight supper.
- Homemade Chicken Taquitos. Filled with taco-seasoned shredded chicken and melty mozzarella, our crispy, fried, homemade taquito recipe is deliciously party-ready.
- Simple Mole Chicken Enchiladas. A wildly easy, short-cut mole sauce recipe is the key to these quick chicken enchiladas.
- Chicken Fajitas. Crazy delicious chicken breast may sound like an oxymoron, but—thanks to a limey, pineapple-and-jalapeño marinade—these chicken fajitas are as delicious as it gets.
- Chicken Fajita Burrito Bowl. This chicken fajita bowl is one of our go-to weeknight meals. It’s healthy, easy, and balanced. Plus, it’s always a hit with the kids.
Chicken Soup Recipes For Every Soul and Every Mood
- Coconut Chicken Soup. At once simple, pungent, creamy and spicy—this creamy coconut chicken soup is our own riff on classic Thai Tom Kha Gai.
- White Bean Chicken Soup. Brightened with fresh dill, a squeeze of lemon juice and a little jalapeño, this garlicky chicken soup recipe is a fresh, modern take on classic chicken soup.
- Tortilla Soup. Warmly spiced and satisfying, chicken tortilla soup comes together fast.
- Chicken and Rice Soup. Fresh dill and lots of lemon juice bring brightness and vibrancy to this classic, easy, healthy chicken and rice soup recipe.
- Chicken Meatball and Vegetable Soup. Our Whole30-approved chicken meatball soup recipe is soothing, cozy and easy to make.
- Green Chicken Enchilada Soup. Enchilada soup is a budget-and-weeknight friendly marriage of two classic dishes, and we’re betting it’s destined to become a staple on your dinner table.
- Chicken Tikka Masala Soup. Yep, we dreamt up a soup recipe built around the iconic flavors of tikka masala. Yummmm.
- African Peanut Soup. Warming fresh ginger, jalapeño, cumin and plenty of garlic make a spicy base for this creamy, sweet-savory West African peanut soup recipe.
- Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup. The beloved sick day classic, made from scratch in no time.
- Five-Ingredient Chicken Tortilla Soup. In case our tortilla soup recipe isn’t quite quick enough for you, we’ve simplified it even more for the very busiest evenings.
- Green Chicken Chili. Salsa verde, canned white beans, and—one of our favorite flavor-giving ingredients—canned green chilis make this easy chicken soup a total breeze.
- Coconut Curry Soup with Chicken, Chickpeas and Hearty Greens. So filling and satisfying, it’s hard to believe that this chicken soup qualifies as health food—but we promise, it really, really does.