Here is an easy Healthy Lunch Ideas Slimming World Post, If you are new to Slimming World or want some healthy lunch ideas to keep your Slimming World meals interesting.
Lunch is essential and can make all the difference to your health and your waistline. It’s super easy to grab a sandwich, pizza, quiche or whatever else is on offer in your office canteen. If you find yourself stuck for healthy lunch ideas Slimming World , then this one’s for you.
Whether you struggle to find time for lunch, or just want some new idea generators so you never get bored of eating the same thing each day, I have some super helpful tips for you.
Healthy Lunch Ideas Slimming World
It’s quite easy to fall into a rut when it comes to lunch, but switching things up a little might keep you inspired and prevent you from giving in to the need to raid the biscuit pan at midday.
I have a ton of choices you can try, whether you adore sandwiches, want something light, become ravenous by the time lunchtime comes around, or just need something you can grab quickly and easily during a hectic workday.
Syn Free Slimming World Lunch Ideas
- Jacket potato – with tuna, baked beans, chilli con carne, or cottage cheese… There are tons of options for Slimming World jacket potato fillings!
- Tomato soup
- Indian vegetable and chickpea soup
- Ham, egg, & Slimming World chips
- Omelette – chuck in ham, lean bacon, onions, peppers, and whatever veggies you have to hand!
- Onion bhajis – serve with salad and homemade tzatiki made with plain yoghurt, diced cucumber, garlic, and mint
- Homemade salad – choose your favourite protein (such as chicken, beef, tuna, quorn, or eggs) and serve with salad vegetables like lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and sweetcorn
- Pasta salad – add pasta to the above option! Add a Syn free dressing or stir in a little low fat natural yoghurt
- Couscous salad
- Rice salad
- Scrambled eggs, baked beans, and salad
- Creamy cajun chicken pasta
- Chicken fajita pasta
- A ready meal from Iceland’s Slimming World range
Lunch Ideas Using Your Healthy Extra
Your Healthy Extra A & Healthy Extra B allowances let you enjoy bread and dairy as part of your diet, and this opens up a ton of extra lunch ideas for you to choose from!
- Cheesy beans on toast
- Scrambled eggs on toast
- Sandwich – with your Healthy Extra you can choose sliced bread, a bun, or a wrap. Of course there are tons of different fill-in options, including chicken salad, cheese savoury, and bacon and tomato
- Tortilla wrap pizza – use a Healthy Extra tortilla, top with tinned tomatoes, cheese, and veggies, and bake in the oven
- Chilli feta hash
- Pizza hash
- Bacon and leek hash
- Cheesy Marmite hash
- Tuna and sweetcorn fishcakes
- Scotch eggs – be aware that different sausages can have wildly different Syn options! Iceland have a Syn free sausage in their Slimming World range
- Meatball sub
- Pizza bites with dippy egg
- Creamy garlic mushrooms on toast
- Cheese and onion pasty
- Steak bake
- Ham & mushroom pizza calzone
Low Syn Lunch Ideas
- Coronation chicken – use as a filling for a sandwich or jacket potato, or serve with a salad
- Chocolate and banana French toast
- Add light mayonnaise to any of your Syn free options – for example, you could have a tuna mayonnaise jacket potato or sandwich
- Add a chocolate bar or bag of crisps – check out more Slimming World snack ideas
- Add a slice of banana cake for dessert
- Cheese and onion roll
- Sausage roll
- Corned beef pasty
- Thai green curry – with rice or a jacket potato
- Cheese and bacon scones – these are perfect with a bowl of your favourite soup!
- Cheeseburger pasta
Slimming World Lunches For Work
If you typically have lunch at your workplace, you may need to think of some more original Slimming World lunch options. Although while you probably won’t have access to the same kitchen amenities as you do at home, you can still have a variety of filling midday meals.
If you can eat at work, here are some tips and suggestions to keep in mind for when you need a Slimming World lunch:
- Preparation and getting ready are essential. Plan a week’s worth of lunches in one sitting on a Sunday. This will make it easier for you to resist the urge to buy something from the vending machine.
- Cook in bulk whenever you can for your lunches. For instance, if you prepare a large bowl of pasta salad and store it in the refrigerator, it will likely sustain you for the most of the week.
- Be aware of the small treats you could munch on throughout the day at work, and record any Syns you consume.
- Think about preparing an extra serving of your dinner and eating it for lunch the following day. Less time spent in the kitchen as a result! If you have a microwave at work, you’ll have more alternatives, although many foods can also be served cold.
Ideas For Eating Out At Lunchtime On Slimming World
Because no item is completely off limits under the Slimming World program, you can still enjoy eating out while pursuing your objectives.
You don’t need to deprive yourself while you’re on the road because there are still plenty of options available.
The official Slimming World Syns directory features a large number of well-known eateries and coffee shops, allowing you to make ahead plans. The same rules apply if you purchase a sandwich or a meal deal from a grocery store.
A little common sense goes a long way if you have to stray from the path and will be eating at an independent cafe, for example. If you’re ordering a sandwich, don’t be afraid to request that the bread be delivered without butter and that any salad dressing be provided on the side.
Ensuring You Get Your Speed Foods
Do not forget that according to the fundamentals of the Slimming World diet, you should make sure that one-third of your meals consist of fast food.
This will ensure that you obtain the vitamins and minerals you require for your overall health and wellbeing, as well as that you feel full after eating.
A salad is a terrific alternative for lunch, and by varying the vegetables you use, you can keep things interesting and diverse. You can also try a lot of dressings that are Syn-free or low-Syn.
A fruit salad as a side dish may also be a fantastic idea, or you could prepare some carrot, cucumber, and baby tomato crudités.
Slimming World lunch ideas
No Ordinary Sandwich
Sandwiches are a great lunchbox filler since they can be prepared the night before, eaten on the fly, and they are very satisfying. To make your sandwich as substantial as possible, pile it high with Free Foods like lean cooked meats, vegetables, and salad.
There are many ways to level up your sandwiches without jeopardizing your weight loss while you’re Food Optimising because you can choose from wholemeal bread, rolls, wraps, and pita breads for your daily Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice. Your Consultant will go over your Healthy Extra options with you when you join Slimming World, and you’ll also receive a Food Optimising guide, access to our online food search engine, planner, and barcode scanner, all of which will make it simpler for you to stick to the plan.
What You Need:
2 back bacon rashers (visible fat removed)
1 large egg
low-calorie cooking spray
2 slices wholemeal bread from a small 400g loaf
1 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
1 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
½ tsp mustard powder
½ tomato, sliced
½ red onion, sliced
1 roasted red pepper in brine from a jar drained, rinsed and sliced
cooked skinless turkey slices
2 gherkins, sliced
What You Do:
1. Grill the bacon until cooked through and crisp, then keep warm.
2. Fry the egg in low-calorie cooking spray until cooked through. Meanwhile, toast the bread.
3. Mix together the fromage frais, mayonnaise, mustard powder and 1 tsp cold water, and season lightly.
4. Spread the mixture over 1 slice of toast, then layer up with the lettuce, tomato, red onion, and red pepper. Add the turkey slices, bacon, egg and gherkins. Top with the second piece of toast, slice in half and enjoy!
MORE FOR MEMBERS: Slimming World members have access to over 1,500 recipes online, including sandwiches, super salads and more, over on the member website.
Prep Like A Boss
We at Slimming World are huge proponents of preparation, so making your lunch in advance will guarantee that you have a slimming-friendly meal ready to go when lunchtime hunger strikes! Before you start work, you can quickly make a salad and store it in the refrigerator in a sealed container to keep it fresh until lunchtime. If you wish to prepare ahead of time, a large batch of veggie-rich soup will keep for up to five days in the refrigerator, or even longer if you store certain parts in the freezer.
Would you like to make your own Slimming World soup? Butternut squash and cannellini beans are added to our free carrot and coriander dish to make it even more satiating.
Quick And Easy
On the days when you’re really pushed for time, it can be helpful to have a no-prep meal handy. That’s why we’ve recently added a range of ready-in-minutes lunch bowls to our Slimming World food range (available at Iceland). You can also find the recipe for each dish inside the packaging or on our website if you fancy making your favorites at home when you’ve got more time.
Alyson tucks into a hearty portion of our All-day breakfast bowl when she’s tight for time. She says: “Finally got to try the new All day breakfast lunch bowl and it didn’t disappoint. A great option for when you have nothing prepared 😋”
Our eggs benedict recipe makes a filling lunch – and it can be on the table in just 15 minutes!
A no-prep dinner on hand can be helpful on days when you’re truly pressed for time. That’s why we have expanded our Slimming World food selection to include a variety of ready-in-minutes lunch bowls (available at Iceland). If you want to make your favorites at home when you have more time, you may find the recipe for each dish on our website or inside the packaging.
When she is pressed for time, Alyson eats a substantial amount of our All-Day Breakfast bowl. Finally got to test the new All-Day Breakfast Lunch Bowl, and it didn’t let her down, she says. An excellent choice when you are unprepared
Use Your Leftovers
The leftovers from last night make full lunches with the least amount of work. Reheated and paired with a crisp salad the following day, our meatball pasta bake is fantastic. For a quick and simple lunch, you could also top a jacket potato with the mixed bean chilli from the previous night. Also, you’ll save money on your grocery bill because you’re making your meals last longer.
In preparation for his lunch break, Ryan packed up his leftover Asian BBQ chicken along with some egg fried rice and steamed broccoli. “Leftovers are the finest!” he exclaims. And this one motivated me at work.
If Ryan’s leftovers are whetting your appetite, try our sticky chicken, which only requires four ingredients and is just as delicious the next day!