With all of the different events that you have to attend and places that you want to visit while in the city, it may be hard to come up with good healthy lunch ideas that are easy to make when you’re in a rush.
The best thing about these quick and healthy recipes is just how tasty they are! I know that some people have the misconception that eating “healthy” means that everything needs to taste bad. That couldn’t be further from the truth!
Healthy Lunch Ideas That Are Easy To Make
Before we get to the list of healthy lunch ideas, these tips are essential for beginners. You could potentially save a lot of time and money by following these tips, so be sure to read them thoroughly before cooking.
- Meal planning. We’ve all heard the saying that failing to plan is planning to fail. A meal plan typically includes deciding the recipes, the number of people you’re cooking for, and finding out which ingredients are on sale.
- Meal prep. Once you’ve decided on the recipes and ingredients, it’s time to prepare them in advance. Find out which ingredient you can prepare in advance so you can save more time. Examples of ingredients are carrots, cucumbers, leafy greens, cooked rice, cooked beans, cooked meat, and more.
- Have the right equipment. Think mason jars, glass or storage containers or any type of meal prep cup that’ll make it easy to grab and go. Additionally, you’ll create less waste which is good for the environment!
- Make extras. Cook more for dinner and use the leftovers for the next healthy lunch. This saves money and time!
- Separate the condiments (unless stated in the recipe). This is usually a good bet when it comes to salads and wraps. When not separated, the food will absorb the condiments and it’ll turn soggy after a while.
- Set a reminder. Leave yourself no excuse for forgetting your lunch by setting a reminder. Set a reminder on your phone, or even just leave a post-it note on the door.
- Prepare healthy snacks. Always have a mid-afternoon healthy snack on hand in case you feel like snacking. This can save you a ton of unnecessary calories.
With all the tips above, there’s still one missing ingredient.
Do you know what is the healthiest thing in lunch?
Let’s find out in the next section.
What Is The Healthiest Thing You Can Eat For Lunch?
A healthy lunch is considered healthy if it provides a wide spectrum of nutrients that your body needs.
It should contain the majority of all three macronutrients (carbohydrate, protein, fat), vitamins and minerals that can fuel you throughout the day.
Every human on Earth needs the same group of nutrients, even though some of us are intolerant or allergic to certain foods.
Healthy lunches should taste good too, so you’ll be motivated to eat them again and again!
The healthiest thing you can eat for lunch is getting the “correct nutritions”.
“The vast majority of people are malnourished, to begin with. They are eating too much of the wrong stuff and too few of the good stuff,” according to Eric Edmeades, creator of WildFit®.
The body needs nutrients to stay healthy and energetic all day long. Yet, most people eat “empty-calorie foods” that provide short-term energy but make them feel hungry constantly.
You can put an end to unhealthy diets and take control of your health, starting now — by cooking your own healthy lunches.