In different shapes and sizes, these healthy pasta recipes have been prepared especially just for you! Our pasta recipes are fully packed with the right amount of nutrition you need.
In this article, our recipes are simply put to cut out different shapes and sizes of homemade pasta. In other words, these recipes determine the outlook of your meal,
Here are they;
With just a handful of ingredients, prepare your vegetable lasagne to consume a healthy breakfast or dinner. It’s just what you need to conquer a topsy-curvy day. Here are the ingredients;
- 300g fresh lasagne sheets,
- 3 red peppers,
- 2 aubergines,
- ½ quantity white sauce,
- 8 tablespoon of olive oil,
- ½ quantity tomato sauce,
- 125g ball mozzarella,
- A handful of halved cherry tomatoes.
- Heat the oven to 200C. Oil two large baking trays lightly and add the peppers and aubergines. Toss with the olive oil, season well, then roast for 25 mins or so or until lightly browned.
- Reduce the oven to 180C. Lightly oil a 30 x 20cm ovenproof dish. Arrange a layer of the vegetables on the bottom, then pour over a third of the tomato sauce. Top with a layer of lasagne sheets then drizzles over a quarter of the white sauce. Repeat until you have three layers of pasta.
- Spoon the remaining white sauce over the pasta, making sure the whole surface is covered. Scatter over the mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. Bake for 45 mins until bubbling and golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pasta Primavera is a veggie-packed meal with an appetizing flavour and aroma. Some claims that it only fits in on a spring morning or summer should not disturb you from including it in your healthy pasta recipes menu
- 10 oz. dry Pasta,
- 1/4 cup olive oil,
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced,
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced,
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced,
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced,
- 2 cups broccoli florets,
- 1 medium sliced red bell pepper,
- 3 – 4 minced garlic cloves,
- 1 cup (heaping) grape tomatoes,
- 2 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning,
- 1/2 cup pasta water,
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan,
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley,
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice,
- Boil water in a large pot. Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a 12-inch (and deep) skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add red onion and carrot and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and bell pepper then sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add squash and zucchini then sauté 2 – 3 minutes or until veggies have nearly softened.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning and sauté 2 minutes longer.
- Pour veggies into the now-empty pasta pot or a serving bowl, add drained pasta and drizzle in lemon juice. Season with a little more salt as needed and toss while adding in pasta water to loosen as desired.
- Toss in 1/4 cup parmesan and parsley then serve with remaining parmesan on top.
Chicken Pasta Salad
With a combo of sour cream and mayonnaise, prepare chicken pasta salad with our simple and affordable recipes.
- 500g elbow pasta,
- 1 tablespoon salt.
- Pasta Salad;
- 3 cups of shredded cooked chicken,
- 150g bacon,
- 1 red bell pepper,
- 2 sliced green onions, finely sliced
- 2 shredded carrots,
- 2 celery stalks,
- 2 cups shredded cheese,
- 2 avocado, medium.
- For dressing;
- 1 cup of mayonnaise,
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard,
- 4 tablespoon sugar,
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder,
- 2 tablespoon salt,
- 1 cup sour cream, full or low fat,
- 3 tablespoon cider vinegar,
- 1 tablespoon pepper.
- Cook pasta by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt, then cook pasta following the directions on the pack. Drain well and let cool.
- For the dressing, mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside 10 minutes.
- Cook bacon: Place bacon in a cold non-stick skillet (Note X). Turn stove on to medium-high, then cook bacon until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Toss! Place cooked pasta in a large bowl along with all the Pasta Salad ingredients, reserving some bacon for garnish. Pour over Dressing, then toss well.
- Set aside for 20 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!
Citrus Pasta Salad
Another of our healthy pasta recipes is the citrus pasta recipes. It takes just 15 minutes to prepare! Prepare and devour quick.
- 1 cup of heavy cream,
- 2 tablespoons cognac or dry sherry,
- 1 lemon zest,
- 1 navel orange zest,
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of sea salt,
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint,
- 12 leaves fresh basil, shredded,
- 1⁄2 linguine (cooked al dente),
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese.
- In a skillet over med-low heat, warm the cream.
- Add in the cognac or dry sherry, lemon and orange zest, and salt; simmer 7-10 minutes.
- Add in the mint and basil.
- Toss the hot, drained pasta with the sauce and grated cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Do you want another of our healthy pasta recipes? Then try this chilli prawn linguine. It’s super amazing!
- 280g linguine pasta,
- 200g sugar snap peas,
- 2 large chopped garlic cloves,
- 1 large red chilli,
- 24 raw king prawns, peeled,
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved,
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil,
- a handful of fresh basil leaves,
- 2 tablespoons of fat-free fromage frais(lime dressing),
- grated zest and juice of 2 limes(lime dressing),
- 2 tablespoon golden caster sugar(lime dressing),
- Mixed salad leaves and crusty white bread.
- To make the dressing, mix Frais, the grated zest and lime juice and golden caster sugar in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook 280g linguine pasta according to the packet instructions. Add 200g trimmed sugar snap peas for the last minute or so of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a wok or big frying pan, toss in 2 finely chopped large garlic cloves and red chilli and cook over low heat for about 30 seconds without letting the garlic brown.
- Tip in 24 peeled raw king prawns and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes until they turn pink.
- Add halved cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes until they just start to soften.
- Drain the linguine pasta and sugar snap peas well. Toss into the prawn mixture afterwards.
- Add the basil leaves, stir, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with mixed salad leaves drizzled with the lime dressing, and warm crusty white bread.
Tuna paste is simple, healthy and nutritious. Do well to include it in your healthy pasta recipes. Get the following to prepare;
- 4 ounces uncooked pasta,
- 2 large cloves garlic minced,
- 5 ounce drained can tuna,
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped,
- Salt & pepper.
- Boil a salted pot of water for your pasta and cook it al dente according to package directions. While it cooks, prepare the other ingredients.
- When the pasta is getting ready, add the oil to a small pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and cook it for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tuna, lemon juice, and parsley. Heat it through.
- Once the pasta is done, add some of the pasta water to the sauce and then drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Season with salt & pepper as needed.
- Serve pasta with freshly grated parmesan cheese and lemon zest if you desire.
- Devour and enjoy!
Fennel spaghetti pasta is a healthy vegetarian meal that is very low in calories. It’s no surprise that it makes our list of healthy pasta recipes.
Here are the ingredients;
- 150g spaghetti,
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds
- 1sliced fennel bulb, fronds reserved
- ½ pack flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, crushed,
- 1 zested lemon,
- Shaved parmesan(optional)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the fennel seeds until they pop. Sizzle the garlic for 1 minute, then add the lemon zest and half the fennel slices. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the fennel has softened.
- Meanwhile, boil a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for 1 minute or per the pack instructions. Use tongs to transfer the pasta to the frying pan along with a good splash of pasta water.
- Toss well under high heat. Stir the remaining fennel slices, parsley and lemon juice. Season and then tip straight into two bowls to serve. Top with the fennel fronds, extra olive oil and parmesan shavings, if you desire.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Bottom Line
In this article,7 of the best healthy pasta recipes have been successfully explored. Not only this, the simplest and most affordable ingredients flank them to make your cooking easy.