These easy Healthy Recipes With Chicken CrockPot dinners are a sure way to get through the week. The kids will love them! I have tried these recipes myself and they are super yummy, healthy and easy! So you can concentrate on what else you have to do during the day. This is one of the things on my list of “must haves” when it comes to cooking. I have a few tips for you before giving you these recipes:
low-Cooker Chicken Recipes That Are Perfect for Weeknight Dinners
Let your slow cooker make dinner for you with these easy dump & go recipes. All you have to do is load the ingredients in your appliance and you’ll have a healthy chicken dinner on the table. Recipes like Slow-Cooker Mediterranean Chicken & Orzo and Chicken & Cornmeal Dumplings are delicious and perfect for weeknight meals.
1 of 22
Slow-Cooker Mediterranean Chicken & Orzo
Perk up basic chicken breast and whole-wheat orzo with the vibrant flavors of the Mediterranean, like lemon and olives. This load-and-go recipe makes a complete and satisfying meal; just add a green salad.
2 of 22
Chicken & Cornmeal Dumplings
This version of chicken and dumplings provides plenty of vegetables with 5 grams of fiber per serving. Dumplings are made with 1 part flour and 1 part cornmeal to make them standout from a traditional flour dumpling. This hearty dinner option is the perfect comfort meal.
3 of 22
Ginger-Chicken Noodle Soup
Because the chicken thighs don’t fall apart while simmering in a slow cooker, they are ideal in this Asian-style main dish soup.
4 of 22
Slow-Cooker Vietnamese Pulled Chicken
Busy week coming up? Cook up these easy poached chicken breasts infused with the flavors of the ubiquitous Vietnamese sauce nuoc cham in your slow cooker on Sunday. Then enjoy the leftover chicken three different ways over the days to come–ladled with the broth over rice noodles, layered with vegetables on a sandwich and mixed with mayo to make a creamy chicken salad.
5 of 22
Barbecue Pulled Chicken
This BBQ pulled chicken recipe is a fanciful reinterpretation of pulled pork that slow-cooks chicken in lots of tangy tomato sauce. Have sliced jalapenos, sliced red onions and some sour cream on hand to top this barbecue pulled chicken, which makes a hearty main course. You can turn it into an unbelievable sandwich or serve it on mashed potatoes or even whole-grain spaghetti. Serve with shredded napa cabbage tossed with low-fat mayonnaise, cider vinegar, celery seed and honey to taste.
6 of 22
Slow-Cooker Chicken Pho
Chicken Pho, a classic Vietnamese soup, is a perfect recipe for a slow cooker. The chicken and seasonings of star anise, cloves and ginger simmer all day in the crock pot, welcoming you home with an alluring aroma. Serve with the essential garnishes for pho soup–fresh herbs, bean sprouts, chiles and lime–and let everyone top their own. Serve chile-garlic sauce for those who want more heat.
7 of 22
Slow-Cooker Mediterranean Chicken & Chickpea Soup
This set-it-and-forget-it slow-cooker recipe simmers away all day so you come home to a warm and healthy dinner the whole family will love. Using bone-in chicken is the key to making rich soup without adding broth.
8 of 22
Slow-Cooker Arroz con Pollo (Chicken & Rice)
This Mexican-inspired one-pot chicken dinner comes together easily in the crock pot. The instant brown rice is added near the end, to keep it from overcooking.
9 of 22
Slow-Cooker Chicken & White Bean Stew
This load-and-go slow-cooker chicken recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Serve this Tuscan-inspired dish with crusty bread, a glass of Chianti and a salad.
10 of 22
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Perfect for dinner on a cold evening, this slow-cooker chicken soup is chock full of mushrooms, leeks, celery and wild rice. It gets its creaminess from a blend of low-fat milk and silken-style tofu
Slow-Cooker Chicken Dinners Under 300 Calories
These healthy slow cooker recipes are five-star delicious, and they’re each under 300 calories per serving. Eat up!
1 of 15
Slow Cooker Chicken Marrakesh
“Excellent! A delicious, easy, healthy, and budget friendly one-dish meal. I made it as written. The flavors blended nicely, and it smelled wonderful while it was cooking.” — Occasional Cooker
2 of 15
Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
“Amazing flavor! Served it over cauliflower rice, so the whole meal was healthy.” — Robinsnest
3 of 15
Slow Cooker Adobo Chicken
“This was so good, I ate until two helpings! I loved the sauce over steamed rice. My Filipino boyfriend said it’s just like his mom used to make it,” Shelby says.
4 of 15
Slow Cooker White Chili
“Delicious! I added a can of black beans and used a can of diced tomatoes instead of a fresh one. Very good and seems healthy,” Tabatha says.
5 of 15
Slow Cooker Chicken Creole
“Excellent flavor and so easy! A healthy option for dinner. I added a green and red pepper, and served over brown rice.” — MAH243
6 of 15
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
“The key here is to use chicken thighs, not breasts. I’ve made it both ways and it is so much more flavorful using thighs.” — MANOMES
7 of 15
Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken
“Excellent flavor! My only change was making my own taco seasoning because I didn’t have any on hand. This was so simple and made such a tasty, healthy dinner!” — jurce9
8 of 15
Slow Cooker Chicken Mole
“Meets all criteria! This was super easy, very filling, economical, and not a calorie-blow. It is one that I will go back to again and again,” says Amy.
9 of 15
Chicken Enchilada Slow Cooker Soup
“The chicken was so moist! I did add black beans! This is a great healthy meal.” — turtle5
10 of 15
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken II
“This chicken is truly delicious. I have made this recipe four or five times already, it’s definitely a keeper. It doesn’t make much extra sauce so if you want some to scoop over potatoes or pasta you should double the sauce.”
Slow cooker chicken recipes
Make the most of your slow cooker with these tasty chicken dishes. Choose from casseroles and curries to soups and stews – or even slow-cooked roast chicken.
- Slow-cooker Spanish chickenA star rating of 4.1 out of 5.129 ratingsThis slow-cooked stew is packed with Mediterranean flavour from chorizo, olives, tomatoes and peppers. The meat will fall off the bone – mop up the sauce with bread
- Slow-cooker chicken casseroleA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.130 ratingsTreat the family to this wholesome chicken casserole that delivers comfort while being low-fat. And you can let a slow cooker do most of the work
- Slow-cooker chicken curryA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.122 ratingsTry this easy, one-pot chicken curry that’s low-fat, low-calorie and delivers three of your five-a-day. It’s slow-cooked so the meat is beautifully tender
- Slow cooker chicken chasseurA star rating of 3.8 out of 5.33 ratingsThrow a handful of ingredients in the slow cooker at the start of the day and this classic French chicken chasseur will be ready by the time you get home
- Slow cooker Thai chicken curryA star rating of 4 out of 5.30 ratingsDon’t slave over a hot stove – our no-fuss Thai chicken curry is quick to prepare, then let your slow cooker do the work. Serve with rice and Thai basil
- Slow cooker pulled chickenA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.65 ratingsTry this slow cooked smoky chicken as an easy alternative to pulled pork. It’s best served in a bun or with rice, and makes a simple dish for a family meal
- Slow-cooker chicken kormaA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.169 ratingsMake a mild and creamy korma in the slow cooker. Sure to become a family favourite, slow cooking ensures tender chicken and a rich, fragrant curry sauce
- Mexican chicken stewA star rating of 4 out of 5.173 ratingsBring a touch of Mexican flavour to your midweek meal with this low-fat, one-pan supper
- Chicken, bacon & potato stewA star rating of 3.8 out of 5.45 ratingsChicken casserole is even better when slow-cooked for hours so you have a delicious dish to come home to
- Chicken & red wine casserole with herby dumplingsA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.138 ratingsA rich and warming red wine chicken casserole – ideal for when it’s cold and dark outside.
- Green chicken & vegetable curryA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.9 ratingsA spicy bowlful just begging for plenty of rice to mop up every last drop of sauce
- Chicken soupA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.161 ratingsUse up leftover chicken in this rustic soup with garlic yogurt. Best served with cheese scones
- Slow-cooker roast chickenA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.32 ratingsCooking a chicken in a slow cooker makes it very succulent and packed full of flavour. This simple, freezable recipe is perfect for feeding a family
- Slow cooker whole chickenA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.5 ratingsWhy not use the slow cooker to make your Sunday lunch? Cooking low and slow ensures wonderfully tender, juicy chicken – then use the pan juices to make gravy
- Easy slow cooker chicken casseroleA star rating of 4.2 out of 5.28 ratingsMake this chicken casserole with potatoes, carrot and leek in the morning using a slow cooker and it’ll be ready for dinner. It’s low-fat and low-calorie too.
- Slow cooker honey mustard chicken thighsA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.117 ratingsUse just a few ingredients to create this no-fuss slow-cooker chicken thigh dish with a creamy honey and mustard sauce. Kids will love it – and grown-ups, too