If you’re on a diet, or just looking for healthy simple supper recipe ideas, then you have come to the right place. Depending on your goals (weight loss, fat loss, muscle gain) there are a lot of possibilities. That’s where I come in – kismet, perhaps. I’m going to provide you with some healthy simple supper ideas, and it won’t be bland or boring!
These healthy dinner ideas for family are perfect for any age. Whether you’re feeding young kids or teenagers, every family member will love these satisfying and delicious dinners. This article provides you with a list of quick and easy suppers as well as the importance of eating healthy food.
Healthy Family Dinner Recipes
The next time someone asks “What’s for dinner?” you can respond with tasty recipes like One-Pan Chicken Parmesan Pasta, Taco Lettuce Wraps and Spinach & Tuna Noodle Casserole.
Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Casseroles make perfect meal-prep dinners–this enchilada version is so easy to prep ahead. The whole casserole can be built and left to hang out in the refrigerator for up to three days. Then all you have to do is bake it off on a busy night and you have a healthy dinner on the table in a jiff. The quick homemade enchilada sauce in this recipe is great when you don’t have any of the canned sauce on hand–just season crushed tomatoes with spices and salt for an instant enchilada sauce.
Taco Lettuce Wraps
Don’t limit yourself to lettuce for this low-carb, gluten-free taco lettuce wrap recipe–any fresh green sturdy enough to wrap around 1/2 cup of filling works.
Sloppy Joe Casserole
Like sloppy Joes? Then you’ll love this sloppy Joe casserole recipe. This kid-friendly dinner has the classic sloppy Joe flavors kids love, while parents will like all the veggies that are packed in to make it a healthy meal.
Healthy Oven-Fried Pork Chops
VIEW RECIPETHIS LINK OPENS IN A NEW TAB
These whole-wheat panko breadcrumb-coated pork chops get just as crispy as fried chops, but they’re healthier. Oven-frying saves you fat and calories while producing chops that are crispy on the outside, yet juicy inside. Serve with steamed broccoli and baked sweet potato for a satisfying weeknight dinner.
Spinach & Tuna Noodle Casserole
Homemade mushroom sauce kicks the can of soup out of the picture in this veggie-centric, healthy riff on a classic tuna-noodle casserole recipe. Serve with steamed green beans.
Healthy Simple Supper Ideas
Quick and easy recipes that are simple to prepare and fast to cook. From speedy stir-fries and chillies to last-minute desserts, these dishes are all ready in 30 minutes or less.
- Super-quick sesame ramen – Rustle up this warming veggie ramen in just 15 minutes. Think of it as healthy fast food – it’s low-fat, low-calorie and low-cost as well
- Quick chicken hummus bowl – Make our healthy chicken and hummus salad bowl for a delicious budget lunch option. It can be thrown together in just 10 minutes and delivers three of your 5-a-day
- 10-minute couscous salad – This makes a great lunchbox filler for a day out and is equally good at home from the fridge
- Quick banana ice cream sandwiches – Bake peanut butter cookies and blitz frozen bananas with cream and vanilla to make this impressive speedy dessert. Kids will think they’ve hit the jackpot
- Speedy sausage stroganoff tagliatelle – Make our budget-friendly quick sausage stroganoff tagliatelle for a simple family dinner. This filling bowl takes just five minutes to prepare
- Quick prawn, coconut & tomato curry – Make curry in a hurry with this speedy recipe – a fragrant spice pot ready in half an hour
- Quick fried rice – Our egg-fried rice recipe with peas, bacon and mushrooms is a great way to use leftovers. Ready in under 15 minutes, it makes a super-speedy one-pan supper
- Instant frozen berry yogurt – Three ingredients and two minutes is all you need to whip up this low-fat, low-calorie yogurt, which is ideal for eating after exercise
- Minestrone in minutes – Whip up a hearty bowl of soup in next to no time, perfect for a quick lunch or warming supper
- Fastest ever lemon pudding – Being short of time needn’t stop you making your own pudding. This microwave-friendly sponge is ready in 10 minutes and can easily be a chocolate pud too
- Easy teriyaki chicken – Try this easy, sticky Asian-style teriyaki chicken for a speedy weeknight supper – it takes just 20 minutes to make! Serve it with sticky rice and steamed greens
- Quick & spicy nasi goreng – Save on the washing up with this speedy supper for one, with wholesome ingredients like Chinese cabbage and brown rice, finished with a fried egg
- Chorizo bean burgers – Combine Spanish sausage with the traditional pork variety for a pulse-packed, spicy burger
- Ginger, sesame and chilli prawn & broccoli stir-fry – Make our budget-friendly stir-fry with ginger, sesame and chilli prawns for a super-simple midweek meal. This speedy, low-fat supper makes a great dinner for two
- Quick chilli – This fast and filling chilli is great served with rice or piled high onto a baked potato and dolloped with soured cream
- Gnocchi cacio e pepe – Enjoy a comforting bowl of gnocchi with parmesan and black pepper. It’s simple but utterly delicious – and the best part is, it only takes seven minutes to make
- Quick cheat’s strawberry mousse – Make the most of strawberries in this quick dessert, with a silky mascarpone layer complemented by a tangy compote, crunchy ginger biscuits and pistachios
- Malabar prawns – Make one of Kerala’s staple dishes – malabar prawns, a speciality of the South Indian coast. They’re quick and easy to prepare and full of distinct flavours
- Cauliflower rice – Pulse cauliflower in a food processor to make cauliflower couscous or an easy rice-like side dish that’s much lower GI and ready in just 10 minutes
- Hoisin pork with garlic & ginger greens – Marinate lean loin steaks with Chinese sauce then serve with plenty of bok choi cabbage for a healthy supper
- Quick sushi bowl – Serve this quick and easy sushi bowl when you’re short on time midweek. It contains a tasty mix of salmon, sushi rice, carrot, radish and pickled red cabbage
- Quick & easy chickpea coconut dhal – Try this quick and easy version of dhal. It’s packed with good-for-you ingredients including chickpeas, lentils and spinach
- Healthy beef chow mein – Swap your weekly takeaway for this healthy beef chow mein – it’s quick to cook and low in fat and calories
Exclusive healthy recipes
Exclusive to Good Food Premium members, try something brand new every month from our exclusive healthy recipe collection. From quick and nutritious dinner ideas and nourishing soups, to mindful dessert alternatives.
- Sesame steak & buckwheat noodle bowls. This is a premium piece of content available to registered users. Enjoy these Asian-inspired sirloin steak and buckwheat noodle bowls for a quick and easy midweek dinner
- Aubergine ragu. This is a premium piece of content available to registered users. This veggie ragu is full of silky aubergine, spices and juicy flavour. It’s great with pasta, in a lasagne or shakshuka
- Oaty healthy apple muffins. This is a premium piece of content available to registered users. Try this healthy alternative muffin recipe, topped with porridge oats for texture. Warm them up for an afternoon snack or on-the-go breakfast
- Exclusive Pineapple chicken & veg wraps. This is a premium piece of content available to registered users. Enjoy these pineapple, pepper and paprika chicken wraps for an easy family dinner. Place the wraps on the table and kids will enjoy assembling their own
- Chipotle red pepper soup. This is a premium piece of content available to registered users. You can serve this soup warm or fridge-cold, like gazpacho, with an ice cube and some fresh mint along with the basil, if you like. It’s a great light lunch or starter
- Simple stuffed peppers. This is a premium piece of content available to registered users.A star rating of 3.9 out of 5.8 ratingsMake these moreish rice-stuffed peppers for an easy family dinner. Add mangetout, grated carrot and peri peri seasoning, or use any veg and spices you have
- Spiced cauliflower steaks with coconut dhal. This is a premium piece of content available to registered users. Enjoy a comforting bowl of coconut dhal topped with a spiced cauliflower steak for a flavourful vegan supper, delivering three of your 5-a-day
- Chunky butterbean & squash soup. This is a premium piece of content available to registered users. Serve warming bowls of this healthy butterbean and squash soup with fresh pesto, a dollop of yogurt and hunks of crusty bread
- Red pepper & hazelnut pesto pasta. This is a premium piece of content available to registered users.A star rating of 4.9 out of 5.9 ratingsEnjoy the textures and flavours of roasted red peppers and hazelnuts in this easy pasta dish. Taking just 25 minutes to make, it’s a perfect midweek meal
- Jewelled pistachio slaw. This is a premium piece of content available to registered users. Transform slaw into a special side with pistachios, sprouts, pomegranate seeds and mint. Great for Christmas, serve with gammon or leftover turkey
- Roasting tin creamy tomato & veg soup. This is a premium piece of content available to registered users. Cheer up the darkest winter day by making this easy soup for a tasty midweek lunch or supper. It’s also a great way to use up tomatoes
- Cheat’s spiced spinach, turmeric & potato pilaf. This is a premium piece of content available to registered users. Make this aromatic spiced spinach, turmeric and potato pilaf to warm you up on a cold winter’s evening. Serve with fruity mango chutney and yogurt
Pipis in spicy lemongrass tomato broth
Make the most of tomatoes with this summer pipi dish.
Green tea noodles with sticky sweet chilli salmon
Green tea noodles bring a pop of colour to this easy midweek dinner.
Sesame beef with gochujang udon noodles
Move over 2-minute noodles, this beef and udon dish will make your evening.
Silverbeet fatteh with sumac yoghurt and chickpeas
“Try this dish with roast cauliflower, eggplant or roast pumpkin instead of silverbeet for a variation
This tomato vodka rigatoni will put you in good spirits
Make the most of your pantry staples with this legendary pasta sauce.
A luscious, tangy stir-fry that makes two generous portions for very few calories.
Iceberg with dried oregano dressing and creamy sheep’s milk cheese
This is an edited extract from Always Add Lemon
The Wood family’s puttanesca
“This dish has become my pasta-loving family’s go-to for a fast weeknight meal. We make it so much it’s become a staple!
Garlicky fried rice with crisp pork
The trick to getting the best fried rice? Cook the rice a day ahead and refrigerate it overnight, covered, so it dries out.
Quick and Easy Suppers
We scoured our recipe archive for the best of our Quick & Easy dinner ideas. These menus ensure you’ll never get take-out again.
Recipe: Muffuletta Calzones (pictured)
Recipe: Sausage-and-Cheese Calzones
Recipe: Cheesy Mexican Calzones
These mouthwatering, easy meals are so simple to make and perfect for satisfying weeknight dinners.
Recipe: Ginger-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Recipe: Sweet Carrots and Rice
Green onions garnish Ginger-Glazed Pork Tenderloin over Sweet Carrots and Rice. Try the pork chop variation too.
Recipe: Antipasto Pizza
Recipe: Chicken Fajita Pizza
Recipe: Seafood Alfredo Pizza
One taste of these fresh pies will have you saying “That’s Amore.”
Recipe: One-Pot Pasta (pictured)
Recipe: Italian Tossed Salad
Recipe: Basil-Garlic Bread
One-Pot Pasta uses the convenience of your favorite prepared spaghetti sauce and refrigerated cheese-stuffed ravioli.
Recipe: Raspberry-Barbecue Chicken
Recipe: Sautéed Squash and Zucchini
Recipe: Quick Parmesan Couscous
Seedless preserves, Dijon mustard, and a touch of vinegar is stirred into bottled barbecue sauce to make a tangy glaze for Raspberry-Barbecue Chicken. Serve with Quick Parmesan Couscous and Sautéed Squash and Zucchini.
Recipe: Tex-Mex Salisbury Steak
Recipe: Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
Recipe: Zesty Green Beans
Cheesy Mashed Potatoes and Zesty Green Beans accompany Tex-Mex Salisbury Steak, which is covered in a quick, delicious sauce that uses gravy mix.
Pesto-Crusted Grilled Cheese
(pictured) Recipe: Hot Buttery Brie MeltsRecipe: Grilled Pimiento CheeseRecipe: Cuban Grills
A deliciously gooey grilled cheese sandwich is quite possibly the quickest comfort food.
Soup and Sandwiches
Recipe: Toasted Club Sandwiches (pictured)
Recipe: Chunky Vegetable Soup
A terrific relaxed meal that’s just right for tonight, a shopping day lunch, or a weekend supper.