Sweet and juicy Watermelon Fruit Salad with cantaloupe and honeydew over a bed of crushed ice flavored with mint and lime juice. A winning combination for the best and easiest summer watermelon mint salad!
WATERMELON FRUIT SALAD (PALEO, WHOLE30, VEGAN)
There’s a reason why this watermelon fruit salad is so popular in my family. My parents live in the southern part of Taiwan and more than half of the year the weather is hot and humid. No cook meals are a must and this watermelon mint salad can be served as a fruit salad or a dessert after a meal.
The ladies in my family love this fruit salad with watermelon because –
- This is the ultimate 5 ingredients fruit salad
- It’s versatile. You can swap melons for pineapple, mango, or berries if you like!
- No cook – simply assemble!
- Minty Ice – it comes with crushed ice, flavored with mint and lime juice.
- Naturally sweet – and that makes it a perfect summer dessert, too!
- 1-1.25 lb. cubed watermelon
- ½-⅔ lb. cubed cantaloupes
- ½-⅔ lb. cubed honeydews
- 2 cups ice cubes
- ⅓ cup mint leaves
- Half one whole lime juice
Place diced watermelon, cantaloupes, and honeydews in a large serving bowl or tray. Cover and store them in the fridge.
Right before serving, add ice cubes, mint, and lime juice to a high speed blender. Crush the ice.
Spoon 3-4 tablespoons crushed mint-lime ice over watermelon fruit salad. Serve immediately.
- For a sweeter taste, add 1-2 tbsp maple syrup to the blender to blend with the ice. Note: maple syrup is not Whole30.
- The diced watermelon and fruits can be prepared up to 1 day in advance and store in the fridge.
- Feel free to swap the fruits for berries, pineapple, or mango.