So, What Is Herbalife?
Herbalife is a direct-sales company founded in 1980. It sells dietary supplements in the form of meal replacements, protein powders, snacks and teas. You can only buy Herbalife products through the company’s independent distributors.
Herbalife positions itself as a nutrition company rather than a weight-loss company, but some of its products promote weight loss. Other products promote general wellness, sports nutrition, specialized nutrition and skin health.
What Do You Eat on Herbalife for Weight Loss?
If you’re purchasing Herbalife for weight loss, you’ll replace two meals a day with Herbalife Formula 1 shakes. Basically, you lose weight by drastically cutting calories and only eating one full meal each day.
There are three weight-loss program options:
- Quickstart Program: Contains Formula 1 replacement meal powder, Formula 2 multivitamins, Formula 3 supplement and herbal tea concentrate
- Advanced Program: Contains everything in the Quickstart Program, plus two other supplements.
- Ultimate Program: Contains two additional supplements, along with all the contents of the Advanced Program
Your third meal of the day should ideally be healthy and balanced, but it’s up to you to shop for and prepare that.
The shakes will give you around 34 grams of protein total for the day (9 grams per serving of meal-replacement powder and 8 grams per cup of milk). That means you need to play catchup on your third meal to ensure you get all of your macronutrients.
Foods to Eat
Your third meal should contain a lean protein (think: skinless chicken breast, fish, eggs, tofu), at least two servings of vegetables, a fruit and a serving of whole grains (such as quinoa, brown rice, whole-wheat pasta).
The shakes are only 170 calories each (including milk) so you are likely going to get hungry and should plan for snacks.
Good options for snacks include:
- Fresh fruit
- Veggies with hummus
- Nuts and nut butters
- Yogurt or cottage cheese
Foods to Limit
- Ultra-processed foods like hot dogs, french fries, chips and other packaged snack foods
- Foods high in added sugar like candy, sugar-sweetened cereals, sugary beverages like soda, yogurt high in sugar and sugary coffee drinks
- Alcohol, which contains more calories per gram than protein and carbohydrates (7 calories/gram), according to January 2019 research published in Obesity, and can be a major source of empty calories in the diet
- Fast food — according to January 2016 research in Health Promotion Perspectives, fast food was linked to poor diet quality, an increase in abdominal fat and an increased risk for type 2 diabetes and heart disease
What Are the Benefits of Herbalife Products?
Have you tried our Herbalife products in Mission Viejo, CA yet? If you haven’t, now is the perfect time to introduce yourself to these nutritious and life-changing products. Summer is the time of year that many people decide to take the plunge and embrace a healthier lifestyle. If that sounds like you, then Herbalife can help you take those first steps and boost you on your way to a healthier, happier you.
Herbalife is a meal-replacement weight loss program. By simply swapping out a meal or by combining one of Herbalife’s protein shakes, nutrition bars, fitness supplements and/or energizing teas with a healthy meal, you can lose weight and improve your wellbeing in several ways.
Herbalife products are engineered to promote weight loss. These shakes, bars and other meal supplements are high in protein and metabolism-stimulating nutrients. They help provide all the nutrients of a well-balanced meal, but with fewer calories. Unlike other meal-replacement supplements, our Herbalife bars and Herbalife shakes in Mission Viejo, CA leave you feeling full and satisfied.
Boost energy levels
Another way Herbalife products help promote weight loss is by boosting your energy levels. Packed with vitamins, protein and other nutrients, Herbalife will help you feel less tired, more energized and even more alert throughout your day.
It’s been proven time and time again that a healthy lifestyle helps reduce stress levels. Herbalife products not only help you create a healthy lifestyle for yourself, but they are actually designed to help you relax, refocus and de-stress—all while enjoying a nutritious and satisfying meal.
Promote healthy digestion
The main reason people decide to do cleanses is to help clear out their gastrointestinal systems. Cleansing the gastrointestinal system helps promote digestion, which in turn helps you to feel better and less bloated. It also creates a foundation on which to build a healthy lifestyle. Our Herbalife products in Mission Viejo, CA help you do all this and more. High in fiber and containing aloe vera, Herbalife products help promote healthy digestion.
Herbalife teas come in a wide variety of flavors, including green tea, orange, raspberry and peach. The best part, however, is that several of our delicious and health-promoting teas also come in varieties specially designed to boost your metabolism.
Last, but certainly not least, Herbalife can help promote your heart health. Our Herbalife shakes and other products contain all the good things you need to help ensure good cardiovascular health and none of the things that are bad for your heart.
No matter what your goals are for a healthier lifestyle and a healthier you this summer, we can help. Our Herbalife shakes in Mission Viejo, CA are designed to provide you with all the nutrition of a healthy meal while also promoting weight loss, heart health and digestive health, boosting energy levels and reducing stress. If you haven’t tried Herbalife yet, stop in to our location, clubElevate in Mission Viejo, and try it today!
Pros Of Herbalife Products For Weight Loss
- Herbalife weight loss products are set to offer healthier lifestyles. Their weight loss programs are very simple to follow, and they offer a variety of meal replacements and shakes to provide every individual’s taste.
- The supplements, shakes, snacks and protein bars are easy to take.
- The careful monitoring of fat and calorie intake helps you to eat good and live healthy.
- Herbalife products are soy-based. Soy-based meal replacement products, in combination with lifestyle changes, have been found to aid weight loss and show improvement in body composition parameters of individuals with obesity (1), (2).
- Soy protein is one of the major ingredients of Herbalife meal replacement shakes (3). It is said to improve cardiovascular health, though more studies are required to prove the same (4).
Cons Of Herbalife Products For Weight Loss
Herbalife products have quite a number of cons.
- The products can be quite expensive compared to other weight loss products available in the market with the same effect.
- As per WHO recommendations, only 5 % of the total calories you consume should come from sugar (5). However, Herbalife meal replacement shakes are high in sugar and exceed this limit.
- Herbalife produces healthy protein shakes and bars, special supplements, and snacks to change your unhealthy eating habits. However, there is no proof so far that these products have any positive effect on your health.
- There has also been evidence in the past that the weight loss supplements made by Herbalife contained some dangerous ingredients.
- Most Herbalife products contain these three ingredients that pose some risks to your health:
- Caffeine: Some Herbalife weight loss products contain caffeine as it boosts metabolism . But, caffeine has numerous harmful effects. It increases blood pressure significantly . A fluid ounce of coffee contains about 63 mg of caffeine . On the other hand, Herbalife teas, tablets, and supplements contain more caffeine per serving. These products can also be dangerous for anyone who is allergic to caffeine. Caffeine also depletes the body of minerals and can cause anxiety and blood sugar level imbalances, leading to people eating more or craving sugar or carbs. Therefore, it is advisable to check the product label for the ingredients.
- Protein or Soy: Protein shakes and protein drinks are important when it comes to losing weight. Herbalife products contain phytoestrogen (plant-derived estrogen) that has an impact on sexual health and behavior . Moreover, some people are allergic to high doses of protein concentrates. Soy is a common allergen and if unfermented, can contribute to hormonal issues and digestive issues.
- Shellfish: According to Herbalife, many of their weight loss products contain shellfish. Shellfish include oysters, mussels, crabs, and lobsters. If you are allergic to any of these, check the ingredients list before ordering any product.
- Many case studies have reported that taking Herbalife supplements can be dangerous for the liver
- Reports of Herbalife products being contaminated with the bacterium Bacillus subtilis where the patients suffered from liver injury
- These products act as appetite suppressants by killing your hunger and curbing your natural hunger-satiety cycle. This can lead to nutritional deficiencies.
If you are pregnant or lactating, consider seeking your doctor’s advice before starting any type of weight loss program. These weight loss drinks and capsules advertised on television and online never warn you about the harm they may cause to your health. So, it should be your decision if you would like to adopt “unhealthy” means or healthy food and exercise to cut down the excess flab.
How to Take Herbalife
Herbalife is a diet program that’s well-known for its many supplements and quick meal options. Before making any changes to your diet, review the different products that Herbalife has to offer and see if any of them appeal to you. If you’re using this program to switch up your meal plans, use 2 scoops of protein powder mixed with skim milk as a replacement for your breakfast, lunch, and dinner. With some daily dedication, you can easily take a variety of Herbalife products on a daily basis.
- 8 fluid ounces (240 mL) of water or skim milk
- 2 scoops of Formula 1 powder
- 2-3 pieces of frozen fruit or vegetables (optional)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Prolessa Duo powder (optional)
- Probiotic powder (optional)
Makes 1 serving
Method 1 Choosing the Right Product
- Use Formula 1 to replace your meals. Mix Formula 1 shake powder with milk to add fiber, protein, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to your diet. Opt to prepare these shakes around breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or whenever you feel especially hungry.
- This is the only Formula ingredient you need to make nutritional shakes.
- If you have any serious medical conditions, talk to your doctor before switching to Herbalife products.
Did you know? Herbalife shakes come in different powder flavors. Currently, mint chocolate, orange cream, cafe latte, cookies ‘n cream, dulce de leche, Dutch chocolate, piña colada, wild berry, French vanilla, and banana caramel are available for purchase.If you’d prefer ingredients without genetically modified ingredients, there are 2 vanilla variations that you can choose from.
2. Try boosting your cells and immune system with Formulas 2 and 3.
Take 2 Multivitamin Complex Formula 2 pills, which contain lots of Vitamin A, E, calcium, folic acid, and iron. Additionally, take 2 cell activating Formula 3 capsules to boost antioxidant activity in your body. Don’t add these to every meal—instead, only take 1 dose per day, as recommended on each bottle.
- Formula 2 vitamins contain a lot of nutrients that benefit your skin, hair, and nails.
- Formula 3 capsules include aloe vera, which aid your cells in absorbing micronutrients.
- While you don’t need to take Formulas 2 and 3 with your Formula 1 shakes, they help complete the full diet program created by Herbalife.
3. Boost your metabolism with Herbal Tea Concentrate. Add ½ tsp (1.7 g) of tea concentrate powder into a 6 to 12 fluid ounces (180 to 350 mL) glass of water. Stir in the powder to get a boost in your metabolism as well as your antioxidants. If you’d prefer a quicker addition to your diet, take 1-2 Total Control tablets to help your metabolism along.
- Both of these products contain caffeine, and are designed to help wake you up.
- Read the Total Control bottle label to see what your recommended serving size is.
- The Herbal Tea Concentrate comes in several flavors, including lemon, original, raspberry, and peach.
4. Pick Herbal Aloe Concentration as a refreshing drink alternative. Pour yourself a 6 to 12 fluid ounces (180 to 350 mL) glass of Herbal Aloe Concentrate. Drink this once a day or on an as-needed basis to relax your stomach and get rid of blatant indigestion. You can get this drink in a 1 gallon (3.8 L) size, or in a 14 fluid ounces (410 mL) size.
- This product is also available in powder form. Follow the instructions on the bottle to use the correct dosage.
- Add fiber, electrolyte, and enzyme products to your diet as a supplement. Look into Herbalife’s Aminogen, Cell-U-Loss, Thermo-Bond, and Snack Defense pills to add good enzymes, fiber, electrolyte balance, and chromium to your diet. Take 2 pills of Snack Defense or Aminogen with the beverage of your choice. When taking Cell-U-Loss or Thermo-Bond, swallow 1 pill with water or another drink.
- Read the label on the bottle for more specific dosage instructions.
5. Go for Herbalife snacks if you’re always on the go. Pack a protein bar or package of roasted soy nuts for source of energy and protein on-the-go. When snacking on a Protein Bar Deluxe, choose between chocolate peanut, vanilla almond, and citrus lemon flavors.
- Generic Herbalife protein bars only come in chocolate coconut flavor.
- Roasted soy nuts are only packaged in chile lime flavor.
6. Opt for Herbalife probiotic powder to balance your GI tract. Mix 1 scoop of probiotic powder into your food or beverage to improve the health of your digestive system. Don’t worry about refrigerating this product—unlike probiotic yogurts and other products, it’s fine if you leave the powder out.
- Probiotic powder doesn’t add any calories to your food or drink.
- Each scoop of powder adds 1 billion active probiotic cultures into your GI tract.