Hip exercises for weight loss help women lose weight from the waist and hips and improve the postural alignment in the form of hips. There are plenty of hip exercises which can help you achieve this with ease. Hip exercises for weight loss include crunches, lunges, planks, squats, gluteal stretches and plenty more. Some tips that can be followed to get a flat butt include adding gluteal workouts in your routine and also including cardio exercise.
Want to Burn Hip Fat? Try These Exercise Options
However, since you can’t spot-reduce fat in one area of your body through diet or exercise, it’s important to focus on losing overall body fat. Once you start losing weight, you can focus on exercises that can help tone the muscles in and around your hips and core.
Having less fat and stronger lower body muscles may give your hips a leaner, more sculpted appearance. Plus, having more muscle and less fat will help you burn calories at a faster pace, making it easier to control your weight.
Read on to learn more about the best ways to drop inches and tone your hip muscles.
Exercise and workout options
Squats are a versatile exercise that target many of the muscles in your lower body. You can do squats with just your body weight.
Once you’ve mastered this exercise, you can make it more challenging by holding a dumbbell in each hand, or a kettlebell with both hands, while doing a squat.
To do a squat with good form:
- Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart.
- For bodyweight squats, you can put your arms out in front of you for balance.
- Engage your core, keep your back straight, spine tall, and lower yourself until your thighs are parallel with the floor.
- Pause with your knees over, but not beyond, your toes.
- Exhale and stand back up.
- Perform 10 to 15 repetitions.
2. Side lunges
Also called a lateral lunge, the side lunge is a variation of a forward lunge. It focuses more on the outer thigh and hip area.
- Stand with your feet a little wider than hip-width apart. With your body tall, core engaged, and eyes facing forward, take a wide step to the right and squat down.
- Lower your body until the right thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Pause. Then push off with the left foot and return to center.
- Perform this move, alternating sides, 12 to 16 times.
3. Fire hydrants
The fire hydrant exercise is a move that targets your glutes and hip area. It also uses your core muscles for stability. If you have issues with your knees, you may want to use a mat for this exercise.
- Get on your hands and knees, with your knees and feet hip-width apart and your palms on the floor.
- Keep your gaze looking slightly ahead and down.
- Engage your core, lift your right knee off the floor, and rotate it out to the side and up. Your knee should stay bent the entire time.
- Pause at the top, then lower your leg to the starting position.
- Complete 10 repetitions with the right leg before repeating with the left.
4. Wall sits
Wall sits, also known as wall squats, are great for working your thighs, hips, and lower abs. They can be a great move to build core strength, test your muscle endurance, and lose weight.
- Stand up straight with your back pressed against a wall and your legs a few inches away from the wall.
- Slide down the wall until you’re in a sitting position with your legs at a right angle and your hamstrings parallel to the floor.
- Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds. As you build your strength and fitness, try to work up to 1 minute.
- Rise back up to the starting position.
5. Banded walk
The banded walk exercise uses a resistance band to keep tension on your hips while you move laterally for a certain amount of paces. It’s an excellent exercise for targeting your hips and strengthening your glutes.
Choose a wide exercise band with enough resistance to challenge your lower body, but one that’s light enough to complete 10 reps in each direction.
- Put the exercise band around your ankles, bend your knees slightly, and widen your stance.
- Walk to the side without letting your feet touch.
- Take 10 steps in one direction, then take 10 steps back to your starting point.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times.
6. Step-ups with weights
Step-ups work the muscles in your glutes, hips, and thighs. They can also improve your balance and stability.
- Stand with your feet about hip-width apart in front of a knee-height bench or step, with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Step onto the bench with your right foot, and drive your left knee up while keeping the weights at your side.
- Lower down your left leg, stepping backward off the bench.
- Complete 10 to 15 reps, leading with your right leg, then switch and do the same number of reps leading with your left leg.
- Do 2 to 3 sets on each side.
7. Side-lying leg raise
The side-lying leg raise is an isolation exercise that strengthens and tones the hips. Correct form is critical for this exercise.
- Lie on an exercise mat on your right side.
- Slowly raise up your top leg (left leg) as high as you can go. Keep your toes pointed forward.
- Pause at the top, then lower your leg to the starting position. Make sure to keep your pelvis steady and your core engaged.
- Repeat 10 times on each side.
8. Jump squat
The squat jump is an advanced plyometric exercise that takes the basic squat and adds a jump for power training.
- Get in a basic squat position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping your weight on your heels, squat down until your thighs are parallel with the floor.
- From this position, explode upward and come back down.
- Upon landing, lower yourself back down to the squatting position. Make sure to land softly with the balls of your feet hitting the ground first, then transferring the weight back to your heels.
- Repeat for 30 seconds or 10 to 12 repetitions.
How To Shed Hip Fat Naturally At Home
1. Calories Count
If you think you can spot reduce the excess fat from your hips, unfortunately, you are wrong. You must aim at shedding the excess fat from your body and then look at ways to spot reduce the hip fat.
Calorie counting may be a pain, and if you are not comfortable with it, avoid it. However, you can always make a smart guess at what kind of foods you must avoid to prevent consuming too many calories.
Have raw veggies and fruits and drink green tea and herbal tea. Avoid sugary and high-sodium foods, fried foods, ketchup, and packaged fruit juices.
2. Drink Like A Fish
Keeping yourself hydrated is the best way to flush out toxins and boost your metabolism
Drink at least 3 liters of water every day to see visible changes in your body weight, skin, and brain function. You can also add herbs and spices like cinnamon to your water to make the taste more appealing.
3. Start Your Day With Lemon Water
Lemon water is a well-known fat mobilizer. The vitamin C in the lemon helps boost immunity and scavenges the harmful free oxygen radicals . It also helps balance the internal pH and kick-starts metabolism. Here’s how you can prepare lemon water.
How To Make Lemon Water
Add the juice of half a lemon to a glass of room temperature water. You can add a teaspoon of honey if it is too sour for your taste. Stir well and drink up.
4. Or Start Your Day With ACV
ACV or apple cider vinegar is a great substitute for lemon or lime. It is natural and is known to have promoted weight loss in many dieters. Scientists have also found that ACV is a potent obesity inhibitor and can help reduce the risk of heart disease (4). It is most effective when taken 30 minutes before a meal. Follow the method mentioned below to use it.
Note: Avoid ACV if you have acidity issues.
How To Use ACV To Cut Excess Hip Fat
Method 1 – Add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of room temperature water. You can also add a teaspoon of honey to it. Stir well and drink it first thing in the morning.
Method 2 – Soak two teaspoons of fenugreek seeds overnight in a glass of water. Strain it in the morning, add ACV, and drink.
5. Use Sea Salt
Did you know that constipation and a poor digestive system can make you gain weight and prevent the normal functioning of the cells and organs ? The colon or large intestine should be clean to keep your digestion fine and metabolism firing.
Drinking only water may not work for you if you experience constipation regularly. You can use sea salt to cleanse your system. The vital minerals in the sea salt act as a laxative, cleanse the colon, and improve digestion. Use unrefined sea salt for the best benefits. Here’s how you can prepare a sea salt solution.
Note: Avoid using sea salt if you have hypertension, kidney, or liver problems.
How To Make Sea Salt Solution For Weight Loss
Method 1 – Add two level teaspoons of unrefined sea salt to a glass of warm water. Stir and drink it first thing in the morning.
Method 2 – Add the juice of half a lime to the sea salt solution and drink it on an empty stomach.
How Often To Use Sea Salt For Weight Loss
Use it every day for a week. Drink a glass of sea salt solution first thing in the morning
Best Tips To Reduce Hips and Thighs Fat
Here are some tips to reduce fat in the hips and thigh area. With practice, these show significant effects with time.
1. Maintain Proper Posture:
Even with many exercises to reduce hips and thighs, the right posture plays a vital role in practical results. Any wrong move during exercise or improper posture defeats the whole purpose, and it may have adverse effects too.
2. Regular Exercise:
To achieve the desired results, practice these exercises regularly. These exercises for thighs and hips are not all simple to do. Some of them may take time to get it right, and some make you shed some sweat. With practice, it will get reasonable, and you will adjust to the pain of it.
3. Balanced Diet:
Wondering! How to lose weight from hips and thighs without exercise? Then, you need to plan a balanced diet, and it is a must under any circumstance. To ensure you get rid of the excess fat in the thighs and hips, avoid fatty food. Prefer low-fat and fat-free food and removing 250-500 calories from your diet. Include a lot of lean protein in your diet.
Best Diet Tips To Reduce Hips and Thighs Fat
A proper diet should be an essential part of your regime to reduce fat from your thighs and hips. A proper diet is vital in achieving the target. Take a look at some of the dietary tips.
A. Low-Calorie Fruits:
Low-calorie fruits and vegetables are one way to reduce the thighs and hips without exercise. Since they are in calories, you can take in relatively more substantial portions.
How To Use:
- Drizzle a spoonful of olive oil on a green salad. You can add some sautéed veggies to your soups, pasta, and casseroles.
- You can have a healthy soup or snack like apple or carrot sticks in between meals.
B. Boost Fibre Intake:
Eating fruits and veggies that are rich sources of fibre such as apples, pears, raspberries, leafy vegetables, and peppers.
How To Use:
- Prepare a yummy fruit salad with diced up apples, pears, raspberries, creating an ultimate fruit bowl.
- Add many leafy and other veggies to your soup or salad, making it rich in nutrients.
- Adding grilled salmon with steamed spinach is another way to go.
- Whole-wheat pasta, oatmeal, and bread are other sources of fibre.
What another quicker and easier way to shed that blob of fat around your thighs and hips? Indulge in some rigorous exercise and sweat it out. Do workouts that will challenge your hips and thighs. Cardio works the best! Do this daily.
Unwanted fat in any part of the body not only makes you look fat, but it is not a healthy way to live. Fat mainly affects thighs and hips, making you look fat. The fat that usually gets deposited here is the bad fat and is always the right choice to shed them off. Indulge in some serious workouts and cardio exercises, or practise some yoga daily.