Honey roasted peanut butter is a delicious and healthy alternative for that classic peanut butter flavor. It is made with the addition of honey and salt. The saltiness from the peanuts, sweetness from the honey, and slight crunchiness from the honey roasted are an excellent mix for many types of sandwiches: hotdog, grilled cheese, or even toasted on some toast!
Honey Roasted Peanut Butter – 3 Ingredients (with video!)
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
This homemade crunchy Honey Roasted Peanut Butter recipe is absolutely delicious, healthy, and made in your food processor with just 3 ingredients! It’s squeaky clean and oh so simple to make!
Homemade Peanut Butter
This homemade honey roasted peanut butter is absolutely perfect. There, I said it.
Not only is it rich and creamy with a good crunch, but it has a hint of sweetness from the honey, and a bit of salt to balance it all out. Honestly, there isn’t a better way to put it… it’s really is perfect!
Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
Fair warning, I make my peanut butter crunchy style because that’s the ONLY right way to have peanut butter.
I’ll give you instructions to make smooth peanut butter too, but if that’s how you like it, I’m not sure we can be friends. Juuuuust kidding!
Now do me a quick favor and check on the ingredients in the peanut butter you have in your pantry.
Unless you’ve bought the fancy type, it probably contains added sugar, oils, and sometimes other weirdo ingredients that certainly aren’t necessary for peanut butter to be amazing.
Making homemade condiments is much healthier than store bought stuff, since you get 100% control over the ingredients you add.
Instead of refined sugar, we use all natural honey. Instead of added oils, we use the natural oils of the peanut.
And instead of loading it with sodium and preservatives, you can add salt to taste.
Not to mention it’s one of the fastest, easiest, and budget friendly recipes to make, and it’s just one of those things that is SO MUCH BETTER when it’s made fresh.
I told you it was simple, didn’t I? Here’s what’s in the peanut butter:
- Peanuts. There should be one ingredient in your peanuts, and it’s peanuts. Choose unsalted, that way you have total control over the salt factor!
- Salt, optional. If you’re watching your sodium, feel free to omit it.
Yup, that’s it! Just three simple ingredients, and absolutely NO JUNK.
Step by Step Instructions
Next, add all ingredients except 1/2 cup of peanuts to your food processor. If you like smooth peanut butter, go ahead and add ALL the peanuts to the food processor now.
Pulse the mixture for a few seconds to break up the whole peanuts, then puree on high for 5-7 minutes. You may find you need to stop a few times to scrape the sides down with a rubber spatula. That’s normal!
When the peanut butter is creamy and dreamy and flows through the blades easily, it’s ready!
Last, add the 1/2 cup of peanuts that you set aside back into the food processor. Pulse again, just until the peanuts are broken down and blended into the mixture. Now you’ve got crunchy, absolutely delicious peanut butter!
Storing Peanut Butter
Once your peanut butter is done, transfer it to an airtight jar or container. It doesn’t need to be refrigerated, so you can store in a cool place like a kitchen cabinet for up to one month.
Of course, you have the option to store it in the refrigerator, which will help the peanut butter to last longer, up to 4 months.
Just remember to take it out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about an hour before you use it, since it’ll harden at cold temperatures.
HOMEMADE HONEY ROASTED PEANUT BUTTER
Learn how to make your own homemade honey peanut butter with this easy recipe! You only need a couple of ingredients and less than 10 minutes to make this simple homemade version.
I realized the other day that I’ve posted quite a few recipes that use peanut butter. Then it hit me.. I’ve never posted about how to make homemade peanut butter!
Believe it or not, it’s extremely easy to make your own peanut butter right at home. All you need are some peanuts, a little oil (if you prefer it to be creamier), and a food processor or high-speed blender. That’s it!
This easy homemade peanut butter recipe requires just one ingredient: peanuts! I prefer to use honey roasted because they have a better flavor and taste delicious.
You can also add a little oil (vegetable or canola) if you prefer a creamier honey peanut butter.
HOW TO MAKE HONEY PEANUT BUTTER
First thing’s first, you want to use a good food processor or blender to get started. Then, toss some peanuts into the food processor. You can feel free to use more peanuts if you want more peanut butter (I used two cups for this recipe).
Next, set your food processor (or blender) on high and let it go! I always stop my food processor every minute or so to scrape the sides down and to give it a rest.
I took a few pictures to give you an idea of what it looks like during the peanut butter process.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW LONG DOES HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER LAST?
You can store this honey roasted peanut butter in your fridge for 2 to 3 weeks.
DO I HAVE TO USE HONEY ROASTED PEANUTS?
No, you can use any type of peanut you’d like. If using plain peanuts, I recommend buying pre-roasted peanuts for the most flavor.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE ANOTHER NUT?
Yes! You can make most nut butters at home using the method listed in the recipe card below. Just keep in mind that some nuts are harder than others, so your prep times will vary depending on which nut you use.
- I added about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of oil to mine to make my homemade peanut butter a little bit creamier. However, if you prefer it to be a little thicker you can simply leave out the oil.
- I used 2 cups of peanuts to make this honey peanut butter, but this recipe can be scaled up or down as needed.
- Note that homemade peanut butter isn’t always the best for baking since it tends to separate in baked goods. But it’s great for spreading onto toast, sandwiches, and so on!
HONEY ROASTED PEANUT BUTTER
Homemade honey roasted peanuts ground together to make a yummy honey roasted peanut butter. This recipe yields about 2 cup or 16 (2 tablespoon) servings.
prep time:10 MINS
cook time:12 MINS
total time:22 MINS
- 1 pound lightly salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1½ tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1½ tablespoons melted unrefined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- Cuisinart DLC-8SY Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor, White
- Preheat your oven to 350 ° and line a rimmed sheet pan with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the honey, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon and kosher salt until smooth.
- Add the peanuts to a larger bowl and pour the honey/maple mixture over top. Toss the peanuts to coat and spread them evenly onto your prepared sheet pan and bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove and stir. Spread them out evenly, rotate the pan and bake for another 6 more minutes.
- Let the nuts cool and toss them into a bowl with the quarter cup of granulated sugar.
- Measure two and a half cups of honey roasted peanuts and add them into the bowl of your food processor or high-powered blender. The remaining nuts can be for snacking on. Pulse a few times to roughly chop the peanuts. With the food processor running, pour in the quarter cup of grapeseed oil.
- Let the processor or blender run until the peanut butter is smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
serving: 2tablespoons, calories: 232kcal, carbohydrates: 12g, protein: 8g, fat: 19g, saturated fat: 4g, polyunsaturated fat: 7g, monounsaturated fat: 7g, sodium: 268mg, potassium: 226mg, fiber: 3g, sugar: 6g, vitamin a: 1IU, vitamin c: 1mg, calcium: 31mg, iron: 1mg
Honey Roasted Peanuts
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
Warm roasted peanuts are a wonderful snack that has been an American favorite for decades. They’re usually bought in commercially-made tins and it’s almost impossible to eat just one handful. Our homemade version will make it even harder! Coated in butter, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, these peanuts are roasted in the oven for a mere 20 minutes. Very little prep is required to serve this sweet-savory snack. If you’re keen on spicy foods, use our recipe as a template and add cayenne or chipotle powder to make spicy honey-roasted peanuts.
For this recipe, using raw peanuts is best, but unsalted roasted peanuts are also good. The least amount of processing the peanuts you’re using have, the better. Use these sweet crunchy peanuts to decorate cakes and cupcakes or to top ice-cream or fruit parfait. Pack in little bags to give away to friends and family, and simply keep them in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound raw peanuts, or roasted unsalted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying it with nonstick cooking spray. Place the butter, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the mixture until the butter is melted, about 45 seconds, stirring halfway through. Once melted, stir until the liquid is smooth.
- Add the peanuts to the honey mixture and stir until they’re all evenly coated.
- Pour the peanuts out onto the prepared baking sheet and spread them into an even layer.
- Bake the peanuts for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to prevent burning. The peanuts at the edges will brown faster, so it’s important to stir regularly to get an even roasting.
- Once the peanuts are golden brown, remove them from the oven and stir again to distribute the honey that has dripped onto the baking sheet.
- Let the peanuts rest for a minute or two. Sprinkle the granulated sugar and the remaining teaspoon of salt on top and stir again. The sugar and salt will add flavor and texture to the peanuts.
- As they continue to cool at room temperature, stir occasionally to break up any big clumps. Enjoy warm or cold!
Homemade Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Recipe
Homemade Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Recipe with Vanilla Bean is made with only 3 ingredients and is ready in 5 minutes! It’s seriously THE most delicious peanut butter you will ever eat!
PREP TIME5 mins
TOTAL TIME5 mins
SERVINGS16 oz peanut butter
INGREDIENTS US CustomaryMetric 1x2x3x
- ▢16 oz (about 4 cups) Honey roasted peanuts*
- ▢2 TBS raw cocoa butter chopped
- ▢½ vanilla bean seeds
- Pour honey roasted peanuts into the container of your Vitamix or Food Processor
- Turn Vitamix on to variable speed 1, gradually increasing to 8, using the tamper to mix the peanuts until they reach the consistency of a thick butter.
- Melt cocoa butter and add it to the Vitamix. Blend on high until smooth.
- Cut half of a vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape the seeds from the pod.
- Add seeds to the Vitamix and blend on high for 30 second or until evenly combined.
- Remove and eat with a spoon!
- Store in an airtight glass container at room temperature or in the refrigerator!
Honey Roasted Peanuts
I have found that Trader Joe’s honey roasted peanuts yield the absolute best homemade peanut butter ever. If you’d prefer to use regular peanuts, or roast your own, that is totally great too.
This raw cocoa butter totally wins, plus it’s super high in antioxidants and smells like heaven. If you don’t keep cocoa butter on hand, feel free to substitute ghee or coconut oil.
If you don’t have vanilla beans you could substitute vanilla extract…although I highly recommend using beans if you can. Vanilla bean paste is also a great alternative.
Keep this in an airtight container for up to 2 months (if it lasts that long).