How to cook Beef for Soup. How to cook beef for soup is a very important question, especially if you like your soup thick and flavorful. Cooking the beef the right way is going to make all the difference in the taste of your soup, so let me show you how it’s done.
If you want to cook beef for soup, you should know how to pick out the best pieces of meat. Get tips from a professional chef on how to cook beef for soup.
240 calories, 9 grams fat
Category: Non-Vegetarian Recipe
Course: Soups-Stews Recipe
Cuisine: Indian Recipe
Technique: Boil Recipe
- 200 g – Beef meat
- 200g – Beef, ribs
- 2 – Medium onions, chopped
- 2 – Medium carrots, chopped
- 3 – Large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 – Cloves
- 1 piece -Cinnamon
- 6 – Pepper corns
- 1 inch- Ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1 sprig- Mint leaves (Pudina) for garnishing
- 4 cups – Water.
How to Make Beef Soup
- Wash the meat and put it in cold water for 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, cut the carrots and the tomatoes.
- Remove the meat from the water, and place it with all the ingredients in 6 cups of cold water.
- Boil for 1 hour.
- Remove and strain the stock, and add salt to taste.
- Serves as a base for white soups.
- Recipe Courtesy: Mangalorean Recipes.
EASY VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
One of the first things I learned when I embarked on my budget-food journey is just how easy, filling, and inexpensive soup is. Homemade soups are a breeze to throw together and they’re always so much tastier than store-bought canned soup. This vegetable beef soup is a great example. It’s chock-full of colorful veggies, filling ground beef, and the most delicious broth ever. Serve it up with a nice crusty bread for dipping and lunch is served!
WHAT’S IN VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP?
This classic soup combines ground beef, potatoes, tomatoes, peas, corn, carrots, and green beans in a flavorful broth. To make this soup a bit easier, I’ve used a frozen vegetable mix to cut down on the amount of peeling and chopping needed to prepare the soup. That makes this Vegetable Beef Soup extra fast and easy. 🙂
To give this vegetable beef soup more flavor, we’ve added a healthy dose of Italian seasoning and some Worcestershire sauce to the broth for extra depth. Make sure you’re using a full-flavored beef broth for maximum deliciousness. I like to use Better Than Bouillon to make flavorful broth for my soups.
I used ground beef in my vegetable beef soup because it was the least expensive and the easiest to use. If you use a higher fat ground beef, you have the option to drain the fat off after browning, or leave it in for extra flavor and richness.
If you have room in your budget and would rather have chunks of beef in your soup, choose a chuck roast or bottom round roast, cut into 1-inch pieces. Simply brown the beef in the pot before adding the rest of the ingredients. No need to cook through during the browning stage, as it will cook through while the soup is simmered.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD?
This is my favorite part of any recipe. What else can you add to vegetable beef soup to make it your own? Try adding some of these ingredients:
- Chopped cabbage
- Cauliflower florets
- Crushed red pepper
- Finely chopped kale
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
This super easy vegetable beef soup is a filling and flavorful option for lunch, dinner, or your weekly meal prep!
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 35 mins
TOTAL TIME: 50 mins
SERVINGS: 6 1.5 cups each
- 1 yellow onion ($0.32)
- 2 cloves garlic ($0.16)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($0.32)
- 1 lb. ground beef ($6.49)
- 1 russet potato (about ¾ lb.) ($0.79)
- 1 28oz. can diced tomatoes ($1.19)
- 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning ($0.15)
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper ($0.02)
- 4 cups beef broth ($0.52)
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce ($0.12)
- 12 oz. frozen vegetables (corn, carrots, green beans) ($1.00)
- salt to taste ($0.05)
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic. Add the onion and garlic to a soup pot along with the olive oil. Sauté over medium heat until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and continue to sauté until the ground beef is cooked through. If using a higher fat content ground beef, you can drain the excess fat, if you prefer.
- While the beef is cooking, peel and dice the russet potato into ½-inch cubes.
- Add the cubed potatoes, diced tomatoes (with juices), Italian seasoning, pepper, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and allow the soup to come up to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to medium-low and let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add the frozen vegetables to the pot and allow the soup to come back up to a simmer. Simmer the vegetables in the soup for about five minutes.
- Finally, taste the soup and add salt to help the flavors pop. Start with ½ tsp, if desired, and add more until it reaches your desired level.
Serving: 1.5 cups ・ Calories: 363 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 27 g ・ Protein: 19 g ・ Fat: 21 g ・ Sodium: 939 mg ・ Fiber: 5 g
Slow Cooked Beef Lauya Soup Recipe
Slow cooked beef lauya soup is a tasty and delicious beef soup that is so tender. I enjoyed every bit of this dish and I thought that it even tasted better with a dip of patis (fish sauce), lemon, and chili flakes. Imagine having a warm soup with delicious beef that literally melts in your mouth; it took me 2 cups of rice to realize how good this dish was.
It is easy to prepare this Slow Cooked Beef Lauya Soup. However, you really need to have patience because it takes a long time to get the beef ready. You will also need a slow cooker to get the best result. This Slow Cooked Beef Lauya Soup is called as such because it makes use of ginger; this is known as luya or lauya in Filipino.
I think that Beef Lauya is best to keep you warm during cold weather. The warm soup and the ginger (along with the peppercorns) warm the body and can make you feel more comfortable. This is what I felt after having this dish.
Beef Lauya has many versions in the Philippines. This particular version is just one of the many ways you can make beef lauya. Other versions are similar to beef nilaga (boiled beef), except that these make use of ginger.
How to Cook Beef Lauya Soup
This Beef Lauya Soup version might be the simplest to make. Since we are using a crock pot or slow cooker, all we need is to combine all the ingredients together in the pot (except for scallions and fish sauce). This will need to slow cook (cook under very low heat) for quite a while until the meat gets very tender. Slow cooking food also makes it more flavorful because it releases optimal flavors from each ingredient.
Add the fish sauce and scallions towards the end and it is ready to be enjoyed. This is best eaten during cold days because it can help you feel warm and comfortable. Do you have your own version of cooking beef lauya? How do you cook it?
Try this Slow Cooked Beef Lauya Soup Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Slow Cooked Beef Lauya Soup Recipe
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time10 hours
Total Time10 hours 10 minutes
- 3 lbs. beef chuck sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 1 cup chopped scallions (green onions)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 cups water
- 2 thumbs ginger sliced
- 1 piece beef cube
- 2 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- Combine the beef chuck, peppercorns, ginger, water, garlic powder, and onion in a slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and start to slow cook in high for 8 to 10 hours.
- Put-in the scallions and fish sauce. Stir and continue to slow cook for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with a small bowl of fish sauce and lemon along with some chili flakes.
- Share and enjoy!