Ever wonder how to exercise at home for weight loss or simply to stay in shape? Even though you can’t control the weather, you can find ways to get a great routine going at home. You’ll feel better and will enjoy exercising at home for weight loss more.
Minute Fat Burning Exercises at Home:
Isn’t it great to hear that you don’t need to throw in money for the gym? Because you can workout at home! 5 Minutes of an intensive workout every day is good enough to maintain your body. You do need to pay attention to what you eat and try these techniques to burn your fat in just 5 minutes. This workout will help you to experience fat loss all over your body if practiced every day.
5 Minute Fat Burning Workout Set 1:
In this set, we have included 8 fat burning workouts that are done in the form of circuit training with 30 seconds to 1 minute allotted to each exercise. All the exercises mentioned in this circuit can be done in our home or any open space.
Inverted V Pipe Exercise: (30 seconds)
You will be doing this particular exercise for 30 seconds. This is one of the best mat exercises for abs in which you need to lie down on the floor facing downwards. Place your toes on the towel, which will help you in the smooth movement of the body. Place your hands on the ground and balance your body on the toes and hands. You need to pull your legs close to your body, making an inverted V shape with it. Push the legs away from your hands now, by stretching them backward. Pull and push your legs in and out for about 30 seconds. This movement will work the arms, the core and the lower back.
Inverted V Pipe
W Leg Lifts Exercise: (30 Seconds)
This exercise will work your legs and abs. You need to lie down on the mat facing upwards. Place your legs close to each other, now lift them straight up and bring them to your tummy. Put your legs down, while putting them down stretch them out in the opposite directions and bring them up to your tummy. Again as you place them down, close them and pull them up. Continue this same procedure for 30 seconds. You will feel a burn in your tummy and legs as you proceed. This is undoubtedly the best exercise to lose fat from the lower part of the body.
W Leg Lifts
Superman Exercise: (30 seconds)
This is a power-packed exercise to reduce tummy that work your thighs, abs and lower back. After the W lifts turn around and face the ground. Stretch yourself on the ground by keeping your hands and legs straight. You need to lift your chest and thighs of the ground at the same time by balancing yourself on the tummy. While doing this try to keep yourself as straight as possible. Repeat lifting your thighs and chest off the ground for 30 seconds. This exercise is extremely effective to tone your belly.
Jump Squats Exercise: (30 seconds)
The jump squat exercise is a power packed cardio exercise to lose weight that is often included in various fitness regimes. It helps in toning the thighs and working out the whole body. You need to stand straight with your feet at shoulder width. Bend down as much as you can into a perfect squat. However, while coming up, you need to exit in a jump. Again go down into a squat and jump up. This is a great intensive workout which will keep your heart beat up and make you sweat. Make a nice and deep squat for best results. You will enjoy doing this exercise and also experience an effective weight loss by doing this exercise regularly.
Single Leg Lift Jump Exercise: (1 minute)
This is one of the most effective workouts to lose weight and tone the body. It works the core muscles and back of the thigh at the same time. It will also help you to gain balance. You need to start by standing straight and lifting the left leg of the ground. Try to touch the ground with your hands and as you come up, you need to jump. Make sure to keep your left leg up all the while. Keep it in a bent position and don’t strain it. First you will touch the ground and then jump on your single foot. Do this for 30 seconds. Then shake it off and continue with the next leg. Bend your right knee and continue the same exercise. It may be a little challenging for beginners, but with practice you will pull it off well.
Single leg lift jump
Push up and Knee Kick Exercise: (30 seconds)
This is an innovated variation of the traditional push-up and is one of the best home exercises to lose weight that takes very less space to perform. This exercise will work your whole body and is great to lose arm fat, especially for upper arm fat removal. Men are recommended to do a proper push-up. Women can begin with knee push-ups. You need to lie down flat on the ground. Come up to your hands and feet. This is your starting position. You will do just one push up and come back to your starting position. After this you will need to bring your right knee forward to touch your right elbow, and then you will bring your left knee to your left elbow. This is the complete exercise; you need to do this for 30 seconds. Begin with a push-up, go for the knee kicks and then do a push up again. This will build strength in your arms and core.
Push up and Knee Kick Exercise
Bent Leg Rotating Exercise: (1 minute)
This exercise will work your inner thigh and abs. You need to stand straight and place your hands on the back of your head. This is to give you more strength and bring your concentration to the legs. You need to lift your right leg which is bent, to your waist. Rotate your leg by keeping your knee bent in circular movements. Rotate it as much as you can for 15 seconds to the front. Now repeat the same rotation with the same leg to the back for 15 seconds.Bent Leg Rotating
After completing the right leg, move to the left and repeat the same. Bend the knee and rotate it forward for 15 seconds and backward for 15 seconds. This is a challenging weight loss exercise; do try it for strengthening your thighs.
Skipping Exercise: (30 seconds)
This is best exercise to lose weight for both men and women. It is simple, easy to do and entertaining so that you don’t get bored. It is the ultimate solution to the question of how to lose weight in thighs and stomach. Take your jump rope or skipping rope and jump for 30 seconds. You can do normal jumps for the first 20 seconds and go to an intensive one. Jumping with both your legs at once will be a much better choice. You will be warm enough to sweat by the end of this session. Keep your back and knees straight while jumping.
This amazing 5-minute fat burning workout at home will give you the best results. You need to try it. It is suggested to do this in the morning on an empty stomach. However, you can drink 2 glasses of water an hour before this workout to help flush the toxins out. You can take a very short break of 10 seconds after each exercise if you like. This is an exercise which will help you lose weight fast.
Cardio Exercises to Do at Home for Weight Loss
Most of us who are trying to lose weight try out different ways to do so – from dieting to indulging in some form of physical activity. For people who are trying to shed extra pounds, we agree it’s not an easy fight, but it’s still do-able. Have you tried cardio exercises yet? There’s no need to hit the gym to do so and no fancy equipment is required either. Also, there are less chances of sustaining injury doing cardio exercises. Cardio exercises work on large muscles of arms, legs and hips, increasing the heart rate and breathing, and in return, you get to burn calories. They are mostly free hand exercises and are sometimes grouped under the category of free hand exercises called aerobics. Cardio exercises are apt for people who want to exercise at home where one doesn’t have sufficient room/space for installing heavy gym equipment.
Cardio exercises at home
- Skipping: Let us start with a simple cardio exercise that I am confident all of us fondly remember from our childhood days. Who amongst us has not played with the skipping rope? There was time, before the onset or should I say the onslaught of video games and tiktok on smart phones that people used to derive their recreational pleasure from simpler and of course healthier choices of games. It is a very simple and by far one of the most effective cardio workouts and greatly improves your health along with reducing your weight. Do you know skipping can burn up to 1000 calories per hour. However, beginners can start with 100 jumps, then gradually move to 200 skips, and finally 500 skips in a day. Skipping burns calories, improves bone density, and benefits cardiovascular health.
- Sit ups: A rather popular variety of aerobic exercise and rather potent one to shed unwanted fat, sit ups come highly recommended. It is completely hands free and doesn’t require any assistive instrument or prop for execution. All you need to do is lay flat on your back on a mat placed on the floor and then you put your hands behind your head and while keeping your feet straight, sit up and then go down and repeat this simple process at least 50 times per session with 2 repetitions per day. It is targeted to reduce fat around the belly to give it a slim and toned look.
- Running the stairs: From Kareena Kapoor to Sara Ali Khan, every actress worth her salt has included going up and down the stairs to lose weight. Climbing stairs is known to be quite effective in increasing cardiac activity and improving overall health. It is a great way to burn fat and reduce weight. This one too does not require any type of props or instruments and is totally hands free. You just need to run up and down the stairs of your house or office and if you develop the habit of doing so on say 8 flights of stairs per day, you will not only lose weight but will also gain a lot of stamina and your cardiac output will surely exhibit significant improvement. A word of caution however is that this one is not suitable for those who have knee injuries or suffer from any sort of knee related problems and it is not advisable for super senior citizens either.
- Static jogging: This form of an exercise is a modified version of jogging with one major difference – you do not go anywhere. You stand at a place to perform this cardio exercise, and there’s no need to go around a park in circles early in the morning. All you need to do is stand on a mat, and then start jogging at a steady pace for at least 30 minutes per day at the same place. This might look odd but is proven to yield great results and guarantees both weight reduction and increase in stamina and improvement of overall health.
- Jumping Jacks: Of all the cardio exercises that I have discussed so far, this one’s my favourite. Not only is it effective in reducing weight and improving cardiovascular health and building great stamina, it is jolly good fun to do. Jumping jacks basically involve you standing on a mat at home and then you are required to jump to a position or orientation such that your legs are spread wide out, with you hands touching each other over your head in a clap – and then you jump back to your position where the legs are close together with your arms resting by your side. You can do this for like a 100 times per session per day once you get the hang of it. It is totally free hand, rather effective in combating the ill effects of obesity and is fun to do as a bonus of sorts. You can start with doing 25 jumping jacks in 3 sets.
- Dancing: Since basically any workout that essentially gets your heart rate up meaning making it pump more blood and circulate the same in your system without any risk nor in any abnormal fashion is a cardiac exercise – and if it is done free hand – well then we call it a cardio workout. And if looking for some fun while working out can act as the added incentive that will get you guys and gals to do it on a regular basis well then we need to look no further for dancing is a sure way to achieve all these goals and more. Just turn on the music and dance to a rhythmic number and you will start to lose excess weight and build muscles in no time. It is however advisable to watch a few instructional videos on dancing the fat away for a more structured regime and best results.
Best Exercises To Do At Home For Men
Regular exercises offer countless benefits. It boosts your immune system, improves your bone health and lowers health risks like heart problem, diabetes and many more life threatening diseases. With the growing family responsibilities and demanding jobs, exercise takes a backseat in the priorities list. Most of us give brilliant excuses for not exercising regularly. Being too busy is the most common excuse one makes. But, with proper planning you can take some time out of your hectic schedule for your future own well-being. There is no doubt that regular exercise is the best path to live fit and healthy life. To begin with exercises, you don’t really need to hit the gym! You start at home! It may seem little confusing at the beginning to start the exercise without an instructor. Begin with short session of easy-to-do exercises. Here are 10 easy-to-do beginners’ exercises that every man can do at home. Basically these exercises need too little or no equipment. You can use your body weight itself as an equipment.
- Jumping Jacks
This exercise targets the whole body. Jumping jacks are the best cardio exercises. There are various benefits of including it in your everyday exercise program. It makes your heart stronger, builds muscles stronger, helps in weight loss, builds stronger bones and uplift your mood instantly and helps relieve stress. It makes you stronger, flexible by improving your stability and stamina.
How to do: Stand straight with your feet together and hands on your sides. Jump along with raising your arms above your head and bring your feet apart. Reverse the movement immediately and come back to the original position. Start doing it faster.
It’s the best exercise for rock hard abs. A simple exercise for beginners for stronger abs and to strengthen your shoulder, arms and back. It can be done in many variations.
How to do: get into pushup position with elbows bent in 90 degree keeping your body weight on your forearms. Ensure your body forms a straight line from your head to feet. Hold on to the position as long as you can.
- Cross Crunches
It’s more effective and easy exercise for abs and the oblique muscles. It strengthens the core and strengthens your abdominal muscles.
How to do: Lie flat on your back. Bend your knees with feet flat on the floor. Place both the hands loosely behind your head. Now, bring your right shoulder and elbow across your body and at the same time bring up your left knee towards your left shoulder. Try to touch your knee with elbow. Go back to the original position and repeat the same with the left elbow.
- Side Plank
It strengthens oblique and helps your build stronger abs.
How to do: Start on your side with feet together while keeping forearm below your shoulder. Now slowly raise your hip until your body form straight line from head to feet. Hold on to the position and repeat on the other side too!
It helps you get in better shape when included in daily workout plan. Strengthens lower body muscles for men. It can be done in many variations.
How to do: Start with the hips back with back straight, chest and shoulders up. Bend your knees and squat down keeping them in line with your feet. Start with 25 squats a day and then increase.
A very good work out on the core that helps you strengthen your lower body and mobility in your hips.
How to do: Lower your hip until both keens bent in 90 degree angle. Step forward with one leg while keeping your upper body straight and relaxed. Come back to original position keeping the weight in your heels.