Learn how to make banana and apple smoothie. Banana is a wonderful source of vitamin B6 and C. Due to its exceptional anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, it can help alleviate the symptoms of arthritis, asthma, cholesterol and inflammatory bowel disease. Bananas are rich in potassium so they will help regulate blood pressure levels.
Apple Banana Smoothie
Thick and healthy fruit drink with apple, banana and orange juice. The frozen banana takes the place of shaved ice and results in a smooth, creamy texture. Serve with dollop of whipped cream for added effect.
Total:5 minsPrep:5 minsServings:2Yield:2 servings
Decrease Serving2Increase ServingAdjustOriginal recipe yields 2 servingsIngredient Checklist
- 1 frozen bananas, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 Gala apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup milk
- Step 1In a blender combine frozen banana, orange juice, apple and milk. Blend until smooth. pour into glasses and serve.
APPLE BANANA SMOOTHIE
Make this creamy apple banana smoothie with just 3 ingredients for a great morning treat or afternoon snack. Naturally sweetened with just fruit this is a quick & delicious way to make a healthy choice.
When fall rolls around I always find myself wanting to buy all. the. apples. So I generally do – thinking I’m going to be making all kinds of apple pies and apple muffins. But most of them just end up sitting there.
That’s when this recipe comes in handy. A delicious smoothie with apple – an easy way to use up apples, and a delicious snack to beat the afternoon slump.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It’s quick & easy – just 5 minutes including a tiny bit of prep
- It’s so tasty – amazing flavor with sweet fruit balanced by acidic yogurt
- It’s so creamy – no gritty apple pieces here, when you follow my tips below
- It’s a great healthy choice – just fruit & yogurt, that’s it
- Common ingredients – just your basic apple, banana and yogurt
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE IT
INGREDIENT NOTES & SUBSTITUTIONS
- Banana – a really ripe one is best, fresh or frozen
- Apple – some kinds blend better than others, I like Aroma, Granny Smith, Gala, Red Delicious and Fuji for this reason
- Greek yogurt – other plain yogurt like Turkish yogurt, and other natural, unsweetened yogurts work great as well
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST APPLE BANANA SMOOTHIE
- Place banana and apple pieces in a high-powered blender with the water. Cover and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Make sure there are no chunks left of the apple, if there are – mix again. It should be completely smooth.
- Add the yogurt, cover, and mix again for 15-30 seconds
- Check the consistency, then pour into a glass and serve immediately
TIPS & TRICKS
- Always mix fruits first, without adding too much liquid – this is the best way to get a really smooth smoothie without any chunky pieces
- To avoid the apple giving a gritty feel make sure the banana, apple and water are all well mixed without any chunks left before adding the yogurt
- Freeze bananas to use for smoothies – peel and chop them and place in small bags or containers for easy use in all your smoothies. Ensures an ice cold smoothie and is a great way to take care of bananas going bad!
- Make it colder by using frozen banana or mixing in a few ice cubes after the fruit but before the yogurt
- Store leftovers in the fridge – it’s best served immediately, but it’s fine to drink it the day after as well
APPLE BANANA SMOOTHIE
Trying to be healthier doesn’t have to mean lots of work or tasteless options. This apple banana smoothie is thick, fruity, and really easy to make using common ingredients. It’s almost like drinking apple pie!
My kids are big fans of smoothies and view them as a bit of a treat. I’m all for keeping up that view! They go through phases when they want them all the time, then other times forget them completely.
But if they see the blender going, even if it’s not a smoothie, it often plants the seed of the idea. Their heads pop up to have a look and a smoothie is often requested soon after.
I’ve made a number of different smoothies before and most of them have become quick favorites like my easy dairy free green smoothie.
Apple is not particularly common in smoothies as it seems some people find it gritty, which I can understand happening.
However I’ve had success before in my wild blueberry apple crumble smoothie bowl when I combined it with oats and yogurt. I think the added thickening of the oats helps avoid any gritty taste.
The same is true here, and with the banana as well, it makes a deliciously naturally sweet smoothie. A pinch of cinnamon adds a slight warmth and helps give that hint of the flavor of apple pie.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPLE BANANA SMOOTHIE
Making this apple banana smoothie couldn’t be easier. All you do is:
- Peel and core an apple and peel a banana;
- Put the apple juice, yogurt, apple, banana, oats and cinnamon in a blender;
- Blend until smooth.
Smoothies are a great quick and easy way to fuel you up for the day or to have a satisfying snack without the effort. They are great for getting those who might not be that in to fruit to eat some, too. For my kids, that’s far from a problem, but drinking them does encourage a bit more variety.
You can also hide veggies in them, plus if you need to up your protein or fiber, adding some ingredients higher in those can be a great way to sneak a bit more in.
You can make smoothies as simple as you like, or add in a big old mix of ingredients. Have them ice cold with frozen fruit or ice in there, or simply gently chilled as with this one. True, not all combinations work out, but some most definitely do and are worth repeating, like this one.
This apple banana smoothie is an easy and delicious combination your whole family will love. It’s the perfect way to start the day, or fuel you up for more. Serve in a bowl, or drink from a glass – either way, enjoy!
Apple Banana Smoothie Recipe (with Step by Step Photos)
Apple banana smoothie prepared with this recipe is like first love, have it once and you will never forget its smooth taste. The beauty of this recipe is that it prepares zesty smoothie without milk and yogurt but instead uses orange juice to get perfect blend. Just take a sip of it and you will never want it to end. So what are you waiting for? Make a lip smacking and delightful fruit smoothie in minutes with this easy recipe.
|1 medium Gala Apple, peeled and chopped|
|1/2 large Banana (fresh or frozen), peeled and chopped|
|1/2 cup Orange Juice or Milk|
|2 Ice Cubes, optional|
- Cut apple into large pieces. If you like, peel the apple before using. Peel banana and cut into large pieces.
- Pour orange juice into a blender jar.
- Add apple, banana and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth puree. Pour prepared banana apple smoothie into a chilled serving glass and serve. It will turn brown after some period, so drink it immediately to get maximum nutrients.
- If you don’t like pieces of apple skin in the smoothie, peel the apple before using.
- Use frozen banana instead of fresh one to make thick smoothie.
Taste: A unique combination of sweet, mild sour and creamy tasteServing Ideas: Serve it as a dessert or with snacks in the afternoon.