How to make a banana blueberry smoothie recipe easy. This delicious smoothie recipe is filled with great nutrition, healthy fats and protein; a well balanced breakfast with a bit of an AHH moment that tastes delicious!
How to make banana and blueberry smoothie recipe – A powerful combination of banana and blueberries blended to a frozen concoction with a liquid icy texture.
Whip up this three-ingredient healthy smoothie recipe with just three ingredients—nonfat plain yogurt, banana, and frozen blueberries. Feel free to substitute the blueberries with any other frozen fruit you like.
Total:5 minsPrep:5 minsServings:2
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- Step 1In a blender, combine banana, blueberries, and yogurt.
- Step 2Blend on high speed until smooth. Pour into two glasses; serve immediately.
Blueberry Banana Smoothie
Refresh and cool down with this homemade Blueberry Banana Smoothie. Perfectly frosted and made with just four ingredients, it’s the perfect quick and easy breakfast or sweet treat.
In a week totally focused on smoothies recipes, we’d be remiss not to include one of the classics…Blueberry Banana!
Grab your complimentary cookbook full of our favorite healthy smoothie recipes!SEND IT TO ME!
At this very moment, you’re only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes away from the smoothie of your dreams.
This blueberry banana smoothie is like everything good and refreshing wrapped up into a purple concoction of delicious flavor. Not only do the ingredients result in the prettiest purple hue, they also taste freggin’ fantastic. Grab your blender. Let’s do this
Blueberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
Like I mentioned above, this smoothie recipe only requires four main ingredients (most of which you probably already have in your kitchen).
- Blueberries: Start off with 1 cup of blueberries. These provide the best flavor in this smoothie and are also responsible for that pretty purple color.
- Banana: Next up, 1 banana adds sweet, creamy oomph to this recipe.
- Yogurt: For consistency, we’ll be using ½ cup of vanilla yogurt. This will add a subtle flavor while also giving the smoothie a thicker texture. You can use your favorite dairy-free version if you’d like.
- Milk: Finally, the liquid! I recommend using ½ to 1 cup of milk, depending on how thick or runny you’d like the smoothie to be. You can use a dairy-free option here too.
- Optional: Here is the fun part! You can add whatever you’d like to the top of your smoothie. I recommend a spoonful of your favorite nut butter and a bit of granola!
Go-To Blueberry Smoothie
This is our go-to blueberry smoothie recipe! It is made with frozen fruit, almond milk, flax meal, and a little bit of vanilla. This blueberry banana smoothie is thick and perfect for a nutritious breakfast or a tasty snack.
Favorite Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
We are all about smoothies and protein shakes here at Fit Foodie Finds. We eat smoothies for breakfast (mostly), but also make smoothies for snacks and other meals if we are in a hurry.
This blueberry smoothie recipe is a personal favorite of mine because it’s naturally sweetened with frozen bananas and perfectly thick.
what not to use in a brine
We try to avoid any vinegar (even apple cinder vinegar) or acidic ingredients (like lemon or oranges). Those ingredients tend to start prematurely cook the turkey while its in the brine.
What You Need
5 ingredients are all you really need to make this smoothie and guess what? You likely have all of this on hand already.
Frozen blueberries: the basis of this smoothie is frozen blueberries! If you want to use fresh blueberries, we recommend adding in some ice so that it stays thick.
Frozen banana: instead of adding any added sugar, we’re using frozen banana to sweeten this blueberry banana smoothie!
Milk: any kind of milk works for this recipe. Our favorite is unsweetened almond milk.
Flaxseed: we thought we’d give this smoothie a nutritional boost and add in some flaxseed meal.
Vanilla extract: vanilla really brings out all of the flavors from the blueberries.
The amazing thing about smoothies is that you can really make them your own with what you have in the fridge. Here are some add-in ideas to really spice up your blueberry smoothie!
- 1 serving protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- Handful fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt