Have you ever wondered how to make banana bread fluffier? I know I have. Most banana breads are just dry and not really that moist or fluffy. This is a quick and simple recipe but I’ve added some tips on how to make your banana bread fluffier.
Banana bread is delicious, but it can seem flat at times. You can make it fluffier with a little trick. Here’s how to make banana bread a little more…fluffy.
LOOKING for: Ways to make my Banana Bread lighter
How would I “lighten up” my banana bread recipe? Lighter, as in not as dense, not calorie-wise. I like this one, which is from my old Betty Cookbook, the first cookbook I ever owned. I make it pretty often since I can’t bear to waste bananas. But DH and children won’t eat it, saying it’s too dense. It’s both dense and very moist: I assume the bananas are the reason. I’ve had some at bakeries that weren’t as heavy as mine but don’t know why.
How can I make it fluffier? More eggs? I don’t know what makes this dense; my other quick bread recipes are not. Some of you might have the skill to look at a recipe and say what could be changed: so I’m copying it below. Thanks for your help!
BANANA NUT BREAD from old Betty Crocker book
2 Â½ C flour
3 Â½ t baking powder
1 t salt
3 T salad oil
Â¾ C milk
1 C sugar
2 ripe mashed bananas (= 1 cup)
1 C finely chopped nuts
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 9 x 5 x 3″ loaf pan or two 8.5 x 4. 5 x 2.5″ pans. Measure all ingredients into large mixer bowl and beat on medium speed Â½ minute, scraping down continually. Pour into pan and bake 55 to 65 minutes until pick in center comes out clean.
Light And Fluffy Banana Bread
Ever try a banana bread recipe that turns out more like a brick than a loaf of bread? Try this recipe for a fluffy, tasty treat that the whole family will enjoy!
Ingredients For Light And Fluffy Banana Bread
- 2 cflour
- 1 tspbaking powder
- 1/2 tspsalt
- 1 stickbutter, softened
- 1 csugar
- 2 lgeggs
- 1 tspvanilla
- 2very ripe bananas, approx (1 cup)
- 1/2 csour cream
- 1/2 cchopped pecans or walnuts
How To Make Light And Fluffy Banana Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degres.
- 2Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Mix wet ingredients in medium bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- 3Pour into well greased 9×5 loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes until loaf tests done.
Recipe for Light, Fluffy, and Moist Banana Bread
L.M.Reid creates tasty and delicious recipes with step-by-step instructions and photos so you can learn how to make each recipe at home.
How to Make Homemade Banana Bread
My recipe for banana bread is quick and easy to make—and it tastes delicious too. It only takes about 45 minutes to bake. I have included step-by-step instructions with my own photos.
One of my secrets is to add some sugar to the bottom of the loaf tins before I pour in the mixture. Then I add a bit more sugar on top of the mixture before the loaf tins go in the oven. This technique gives my dessert recipe a crunchy, caramel-like crust.
- 400g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 100g butter or margarine
- 175g white caster sugar
- 75g brown sugar
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- Two loaf pans: 8×4 inch (20×10 cm)
- Large mixing bowl
- Weighing scales
- Electric blender
- Wooden spoon
- Sharp knife
- Wire rack
Step 1: Prepare the Loaf Tins
- Preheat your oven to 180c for a fan oven or 160c/gas mark 4 conventional oven.
- Cover the bottom and sides of the baking pans with butter or margarine.
- Pour the brown sugar into one of the pans.
- Rotate and shake the pan to coat the butter in a thin layer of sugar. Pouring the excess into the second pan to do the same again.
- This will give you a crunchy caramel-like crust when cooked.
Step 2: Mix the Ingredients
- Pour the flour into the large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter to the mixture.
- Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the caster sugar and remaining brown sugar evenly.
- Peel the bananas.
- Mash the bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Pour the banana puree into the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture resembles slightly lumpy baby food.
- Divide the mixture between the two loaf pans and spread evenly.
Step 3: Bake the Loaves
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Check the loaves are cooked all the way through by inserting a sharp knife or skewer into the centre of the loaf. If it comes out clean, they are cooked.
- While still warm, place a plate on top of the pans and flip upside down together so the loaf slides out onto the plate.
- Place a clean tea towel over the cooling loaves to prevent them from drying out.
Banana Bread Recipe
Bananas Are a Super Food
Eating bananas raw can be beneficial for your health. They are a rich source of protein and boost your energy. At the same time, they contain tryptophan. This is an amino acid that is a natural mood enhancer.
The beta-carotene the banana contains naturally converts within the body to vitamins A and C. This is beneficial for your immune system. It also contains vitamin B6.
Janet’s Rich Banana Bread
This is the moistest banana bread that I have ever tasted. It’s also very easy to make!
Cook:1 hrTotal:1 hr 10 minsPrep:10 minsServings:15Yield:1 9×5-inch loaf
Decrease Serving15Increase ServingAdjustOriginal recipe yields 15 servingsIngredient Checklist
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Step 2In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the sour cream, walnuts and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Step 3Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.