How to make Banana Bread Muffins is very easy! It’s this recipe that I used to make my very first batch, and I didn’t have any experience at all with baking. Now, I actually love making muffins more than regular bread because it’s fun to fill them up, and then watch them grow in the oven. It’s really a delight to see how the bread expands into something much bigger after 20 minutes. They turn out perfect every single time too! I’ll guide you step by step through the process and will teach you how to make these banana muffins so that you can impress your friends and family with your skills, without being a master baker!
One-Bowl Banana Bread Muffins
These scrumptious banana bread muffins are soft and moist, and loaded with flavor. They are like mini banana breads in the form of perfectly individually portioned muffins. This quick and easy one-bowl recipe is guaranteed to be your new favorite!
Why this recipe is so great:
- Quick and easy – All you have to do is mix all the ingredients together, pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes, and you’ve got freshly baked muffins!
- One-bowl recipe – The fewer bowls to clean the better. This recipe only requires one bowl, so clean-up is a breeze.
- Tastes like banana bread – These banana muffins have all the same great taste AND texture as banana bread, so they are true banana bread muffins and take less than half the time to make. The muffin tops are nice and crispy the day of. The crumb is soft and tender, and the taste is packed with sweet ripe banana flavor.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Bananas – about 4 medium
- Granulated sugar – can be partially swapped with brown sugar
- Vegetable oil – can be substituted with melted butter or any neutral tasting oil
- An egg – a flax egg can be used as a vegan option
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour – can be partially replaced with soft whole wheat flour
- Baking soda & salt
How to make banana bread muffins:
(the ingredient amounts are listed in the printable recipe card further below)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, sugar, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the flour. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt on top.
- Stir everything together until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into a paper-lined muffin pan. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes.
The riper the bananas, the more flavorful and naturally sweet these muffins are. So I usually let my bananas get completely brown. But if you are in a hurry for some ripe bananas, :
How long to bake banana bread muffins?
Usually about 20-25 minutes at 350F or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Can you make banana bread into muffins?
Yes, just reduce the baking time to about 20-30 minutes depending on the recipe. Now, the interesting part is that the texture won’t be the same, it will actually be fluffier. So if you want to keep the texture the same, you have to reduce the amount of leavening agents and ingredients that rise like eggs.
Can you freeze banana bread muffins?
Yes, you can. Place the completely cooled muffins in a freezer-friendly ziplock bag or container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge or on the counter for 1-2 hours. Warm up in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or oven at 350F for 5-10 minutes if desired.
Banana Muffins II
These delicious banana muffins are easy for kids to make.
Cook:25 minsTotal:35 minsPrep:10 minsServings:12Yield:12 muffins, or 48 mini muffins
Decrease Serving12Increase ServingAdjustOriginal recipe yields 12 servingsIngredient Checklist
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Step 2Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans.
- Step 3Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 15 minutes, and large muffins for 25 to 30 minutes. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped.
Banana Bread Muffins
These easy banana bread muffins are a delicious way to start your day and they also make a sweet afternoon pick me up. You can mix this recipe up quickly by hand, no mixer required. After making your first batch, this will become one of your go to muffin recipes!
If you have ripe bananas sitting on your counter, print this recipe, get into the kitchen, and in approximately 30 minutes you’ll have a delicious batch of banana bread muffins ready to enjoy. As an added bonus your entire house will smell absolutely divine!
Making The Best Banana Bread Muffins
Banana muffins can be hit or miss. I’ve had amazing muffins but I’ve also had lackluster ones. This banana bread muffin recipe gets a great big thumbs up from my entire family, the request it often. It’s moist, just sweet enough and has the perfect flavor.Banana Bread MuffinsPlay Video
The only downside is how quickly the entire batch disappears, nobody can resist these muffins, especially when served warm.
While I left the nuts out of these due to nut allergies in my family, I think these would be spectacular with walnuts or pecans folded in. I also love to make these as banana chocolate chip muffins or even bananas blueberry muffins.
My kids love these flavorful muffins for grab and go breakfasts, and they are also a popular snack or lunch box addition in my family. Basically, you can’t go wrong with this easy recipe.
At a glance, full recipe below
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Ripe Bananas
- Brown Sugar
- Walnuts, Pecans or Chocolate Chips (optional)