Now, let’s get down to business. Today, I’m going to show you how to make banana bread. I’ll also show you how to make banana bread with walnuts and how to eat banana bread without getting any on your hands.
Banana bread is one of my favorite treats to make at home because it is easy to make and very delicious. I love the combination of the bananas, walnuts, and cinnamon in this recipe. A hint of nutmeg makes this banana bread delicious too!
Banana bread with walnuts
Banana bread with walnuts – perfect breakfast and dessert recipe!
This is simply the best recipe I’ve found so far for the most moist, perfectly sweetened, and easy banana bread. I added walnuts to this recipe, but they are totally optional, even though I love my banana bread with walnuts. This recipe is so easy, you don’t even need a mixer – just mix everything with a big wooden spoon!
I’ve been eating this walnut banana bread for both breakfast and dessert for the past week and just love it!
MY OTHER VIDEOS
Banana Bread with Walnuts
This is simply the best recipe for the most moist, perfectly sweetened, and easy banana bread. I added walnuts to this recipe, but they are totally optional. This recipe is so easy, you don’t even need a mixer – just mix everything with a big wooden spoon! Print Recipe Pin RecipePREP TIME20 minsCOOK TIME1 hrTOTAL TIME1 hr 20 minsCOURSEBreakfast, DessertCUISINEAmericanSERVINGS10 peopleCALORIES PER SERVING257 kcal
- 3 bananas , ripe, smashed
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix butter into the mashed bananas, using wooden spoon. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix just enough to blend the ingredients; do not over0mix, the lumps will work themselves out.
- Add chopped walnuts to the batter and mix them in to distribute evenly through the batter.
- Butter a 4×8 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, butter the parchment paper too. Pour the batter in the pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
- Note: lining the bottom of the pan with parchment paper ensures that the bottom of the bread will not get stuck.
Banana & walnut loaf
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep:15 mins
- Cook:1 hr
- Cuts into 8 slices
This homely and wholesome cake is also light and moist, with the natural sweetness of sticky bananas and the warm toastiness of nuts
- 100g softened butter, plus a little extra for greasing
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 225g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 85g chopped walnuts
- 50ml milk
- STEP 1Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease a 2lb loaf tin with some butter and line the base with baking parchment, then grease this as well.
- STEP 2In a large bowl, mix together the butter, sugar and egg, then slowly mix in flour and baking powder. Peel, then mash the bananas. Now mix everything together, including the nuts.
- STEP 3Pour your mixture into the tin and bake for 1 hr, or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack before removing from the loaf tin. The loaf can now be wrapped tightly in cling film and kept for up to 2 days, or frozen for up to 1 month. Defrost and warm through before serving. Serve in thick slices topped with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with a little Easy chocolate sauce (see recipe, below).
Walnut Banana Bread
Banana bread recipes are a great way to use overripe bananas. This recipe gets added crunch from chopped walnuts.4.8 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for average rating value is 4.8 of 5. Read 78 Reviews Same page link.4.8 (78)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
2 large Land O Lakes® Eggs
2 medium (1 cup) bananas, mashed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make
- STEP 1Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan. Place onto cooling rack. Cool completely.
- STEP 2Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 8×4-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- STEP 3Combine sugar, butter and eggs in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add banana and vanilla. Beat at low speed until well mixed. Stir in all remaining ingredients except Butter with Canola Oil.
- STEP 4Serve with Butter with Canola Oil.