Have you ever wondered how to make banana chocolate chip pancakes? Well you’re in luck — I’m going to take you step-by-step through the creation of the most delicious pancakes known to man (or at least any man who has tried these.)
Banana chocolate chip pancakes that are every bit as delicious as a pancake should be. Need to know how to make banana chocolate chip pancakes? I’ll show you!
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA PANCAKES
- 1 1⁄2cups flour
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4cups milk
- 1⁄2cup banana, mashed (2 small)
- 1egg, lighty beaten
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2cup chocolate chips, divided
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- After mixing well stir in milk, banana, egg and vanilla.
- Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Heat a griddle, sprayed with oil on medium heat. Pour batter onto griddle making 3 inch rounds.
- Cook about two minutes or until tops are bubbly. Flip pancake and cook for another minute or until golden.
- Prepare remaining pancake batter as directed adding more spray if needed.
- Place on individual plates and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
Banana-Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Banana pancakes with mini chocolate chips make this buttermilk pancake recipe a special breakfast treat.4.8 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for average rating value i
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 medium (1/2 cup) firm ripe banana, mashed
1 large Land O Lakes® Egg
2 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil, melted
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil
How to make
- STEP 1Heat lightly greased griddle or skillet to 350°F or until drops of water sizzle.
- STEP 2Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl. Add buttermilk, banana, egg and melted Butter with Canola Oil; beat with whisk just until smooth (batter will be thick). Stir in chocolate chips.
- STEP 3Spoon 1/4 cup batter, for each pancake, onto hot griddle; spread to form 4-inch circle. (If batter is too thick, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons buttermilk.) Cook pancakes 2-3 minutes or until bubbles form on top. Turn pancakes; continue cooking 2-3 minutes or until browned. Keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- STEP 4Serve warm pancakes with Butter with Canola Oil and syrup.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes are an easy pancake recipe with tons of bananas and chocolate chips. We love how easy these are to make!
If your kids beg for pancakes but balk at the thought of banana pancakes, make these. They have chocolate chips, which is a guarantee that your kids will eat them. Plus: chocolate for breakfast? That’s the start of a really good day.
Banana Chocolate Chip PancakesPlay Video
How to make Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
I remember when I was young going to Lyon’s for breakfast and ordering banana pancakes. I always loved them! However, Jordan would never eat my homemade banana pancakes…until I added chocolate chips.
After years of perfecting my favorite pancake recipe I decided to add bananas and they are a huge hit – even with my daughter!
Banana pancakes are simple and fast to make plus if you add chocolate chips they’re even better. These easy banana pancakes will be the hit of your breakfast table.
I think banana pancakes are seriously my favorite, but I’m a banana addict. I don’t much like eating them, but I love throwing them in everything from smoothies to bread. And pancakes are my favorite thing to add them to because it’s so easy (and, in my mind, it makes them healthier).
So I added chocolate chips. DUH, gotta even out that “healthier” with chocolate. #truth
Even though Jordan says she hates banana pancakes, I’ve been adding a banana to her Sprinkle Pancakes for years now and she’s never the wiser. But these? These are not “sort-of-banana” pancakes. These babies are like banana bread…in pancake form.
This is my favorite pancake recipe, but I’ve adapted it to be more banana-y by mashing 2 bananas into the batter. I also added some cinnamon because I love cinnamon with my banana anything. Don’t you?https://bb2e24ab1d72ba6f6f7cd2317c90aca4.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html
These pancakes are fluffy, light, and full of rich banana flavor. Then I added chocolate because, well. Obviously Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes > Plain Banana Pancakes. I prefer mini chocolate chips but you can use regular. Reduce the amount if you want a less chocolatey pancake.
But if you do that I’m not sure if we can be friends anymore. 😉 And guess what? For “not liking banana pancakes” Jordan ate these for breakfast two days in a row. #momwin
How to make the best banana chocolate chip pancakes:
- Make sure your bananas are very ripe. I like them almost brown; this makes them sweeter and easier to mash.
- Mini chocolate chips are my favorite to use because they spread throughout the whole pancake. I feel like I can use less chocolate for a more chocolate to pancake ratio.
- Yes – 1 full tablespoon of baking powder. No, you don’t taste it. It makes these pancakes SUPER fluffy.
- You can use any milk – dairy, non-dairy, you like. Almond milk works too!
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Fluffy pancakes filled with bananas and chocolate chips! The perfect indulgent pancake breakfast!4.45 from 54 votesPrep Time10 minutesCook Time10 minutesTotal Time20 minutesYield8 pancakesServing Size1 pancake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat an electric griddle to 350°F, if using one. If not, you’ll preheat your pan just before cooking the pancakes.
- Whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk milk, egg, oil, and vanilla in a large measuring cup. Add wet ingredients to dry, add bananas, and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray pan or griddle with cooking spray. Drop desired amount of pancake batter onto preheated griddle or pan. Cook until small bubbles form then flip until the bottom is a light golden brown.
- Serve plain or with maple syrup.
Chunky Monkey Pancakes
I love banana pancakes and my daughter loves chocolate chip pancakes, so we came up with this yummy recipe to make us both happy! Serve with a dollop of soft butter, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, sliced bananas, and whipped cream with a side of butter pecan or maple syrup.
Cook:20 minsTotal:30 minsPrep:10 minsServings:9Yield:9 pancakes
Decrease Serving9Increase ServingAdjustOriginal recipe yields 9 servingsIngredient Checklist
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large banana, diced
- ½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- cooking spray
- Step 1Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set bowl aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the skim milk, melted butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients, being careful not to over mix the batter. Gently fold in the banana, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Step 2Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.