How to Make Banana Cupcakes From Scratch – Banana cupcake recipe is so tasty and simple to bake at home. It’s one of the best recipes to bake when you want to surprise your family.
I have some really good news for you. Right now you can learn how to make banana cupcakes, and feel great about it! The process of banana cupcake making can be quite enjoyable. So of course, I expect that you will feel the same.
BANANA MUFFINS – A QUICK AND EASY RECIPE
Easy Banana Muffins – These simple, quick to make muffins are perfect for baking with toddlers, deliciously moist and make a yummy treat or a breakfast on the go.
I first blogged about these banana muffins way back in 2015, and they still are one of the most popular recipes on my blog. I thought it was about time that they had a bit of a facelift and some new photos as I still make them every couple of weeks with George and Harri.Banana Muffins – Easy & Yummy Recipe to Use Up Bananas!Play Video
I mean, what’s not to like?
- So easy to make – These banana muffins are the perfect intro to baking with kids. Just five ingredients and in 30 minutes they are ready.
- Uses up leftovers – Over ripe bananas make the best muffins, so there is no need to throw those lingering brown bananas away.
- Packed lunches for the week – These muffins are so moist due to the fruit content, they will last in an airtight container for a week so they are the perfect make ahead snack.
Often muffin recipes are American, which means that they use vegetable oil (and cup measurements) in the UK we are most accustomed to using butter in our baking so I wanted to come up with a English alternative recipe. This recipe also uses self raising flour, to give the muffins a light and fluffy texture
How to make Banana muffins:
These Banana Muffins are made using a really simple cake batter.
I used the same method in my Nutella Muffins recipe. (Which would also be amazing with bananas added in.)
The Banana Muffins are mixed up in just a few minutes. Preheat your oven to 180C. Then start by creaming your butter and sugar together, either using a mixer or wooden spoon.
They should be pale and fluffy. Wipe down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as you go to make sure everything is well mixed.
Next, add you eggs, self raising flour and bananas.
Some recipes tell you to mash your bananas before adding, but if your bananas are REALLY ripe (like, very brown and spotty on the peel and very soft inside) I tend to just add at the same time for a little shortcut as they get squished with the batter mixing
If your bananas are not quite OVER brown, to be safe and make sure that your Banana Muffins aren’t lumpy, you can mash the bananas before adding to the mixture.
Next you need to line a muffin tray with paper cupcake cases.
Then scoop your mixture evenly between the cases. I use an ice cream scoop for this. It’s my favourite cupcake and muffin baking trick and kids LOVE using a scoop too.
Pop into the oven for about 25 minutes or until springy on top and golden.
You could top these with icing if you fancy, or drizzle with melted chocolate. I tend to keep it simple as they are pretty sweet already.
Banana Muffins II
These delicious banana muffins are easy for kids to make.
Cook:25 minsTotal:35 minsPrep:10 minsServings:12Yield:12 muffins, or 48 mini muffins
Decrease Serving12Increase ServingAdjustOriginal recipe yields 12 servingsIngredient Checklist
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Step 2Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans.
- Step 3Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 15 minutes, and large muffins for 25 to 30 minutes. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped.
Easy banana muffins
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep:15 mins
- Cook:25 mins
- Makes 12
Make these moreish banana muffins for an easy breakfast or a snack on the go. They’re also great for lunchboxes and will prove popular with the whole family.
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 110g caster sugar
- 75g butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 125ml buttermilk (or add 1 tsp of lemon juice to milk and leave for 20 mins)
- 50g pecans, chopped, plus extra to decorate (optional)
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/gas 5. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and caster sugar with a big pinch of salt. In a separate bowl mix the melted butter, vanilla extract, eggs, mashed bananas and buttermilk.
- STEP 2Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in. Roughly mix together with a fork, being careful not to over-mix. Scatter in the chopped pecans, if using, then spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Top with pecan halves, then bake for 20-25 mins, until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.