Knowing how to make banana daiquiris is very important in this world, and your friends will be very impressed with your mad skills.
Now that we’re nearing the end of summer, it’s also time to put away our hammocks and beach towels. But that doesn’t mean we have to put away our fruity drinks — there’s still plenty of time for one last quick drink. Now, if you’re going to drink one last summer cocktail this season, why not make it a Banana Daiquiri?
Our Banana Daiquiri is the quickest way to transport your senses to island mode without ever leaving home. Throw a couple ripe bananas, coconut rum, lime juice, orange liqueur, sugar, and ice into the blender and you’ll be just 30 seconds away from the season’s brightest tropical sipper. We tested the recipe with Bacardi Coconut, but feel free to use regular white rum if you’re not a coconut fan. If the islands are calling but so is your 9-to-5, this refreshing drink will be the perfect solution. Give it some flair by topping each hurricane glass with a couple maraschino cherries and a lime peel twist—little paper umbrella, optional. This recipe mixes up two cocktails per batch, so just double or triple as needed. One thing to know: Our banana daiquiris won’t keep, which means it needs to be made immediately before serving. Go grab your blender and a bit of ice because you’re going to want to mix this tasty treat up stat.
Total:5 minsActive:5 minsYield:Serves 2 (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 2 medium-size (5 1/2 oz. each) ripe bananas, broken into pieces
- 6 tablespoons (3 oz.) coconut rum
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 large limes)
- 2 tablespoons (1 oz.) orange liqueur (such as Cointreau)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Maraschino cherries and lime peel twists
- Step 1Process ice, bananas, rum, lime juice, orange liqueur, and sugar in a blender until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour evenly into 2 hurricane glasses. Garnish with cherries and lime twists. Serve immediately.
- Level: Easy
- Total: 5 min
- Prep: 5 min
- Yield: 4 servings
2 large bananas, sliced, divided
1 cup coconut milk, divided
1 lime, juiced, divided
1/2 cup sugar, divided
6 cups ice, divided
4 ounces white rum, optional, dividedAdd to Shopping Lis
- Into a blender add 1 banana, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/2 of the lime juice, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and 3 cups of ice and add 2 ounces of rum if desired. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into 2 tall glasses, and repeat for 2 more drinks.
Fresh Banana Daiquiri
A nice change of pace from the usual strawberry daiquiri.
Total:5 minsPrep:5 minsServings:1Yield:1 cocktail
Decrease Serving1Increase ServingAdjustOriginal recipe yields 1 servingsIngredient Checklist
- ½ large banana, sliced
- 1 ½ fluid ounces light rum
- 1 fluid ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ fluid ounce triple sec
- 1 teaspoon white sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Step 1Combine banana, light rum, lime juice, triple sec, and sugar in a blender; puree until smooth. Add ice cubes and blend on highest setting until slushy, 15 to 20 seconds. Pour into a glass and serve.n