Have you ever wanted to learn how to make banana fritter? Today, in this very sentence, is your lucky day! Now, don’t pick your face up too quickly. This isn’t a curse. It’s more of a blessing wrapped in an alliteration. So now that we are on the same page let us continue.
Here’s how to make banana fritter that tasted better than any I’ve ever eaten. Ok, some of the ingredients are from Italy and a few are hard to find, but it’s worth it…
Yummy fluffy banana fritters made in under an hour from start to finish. So good, you’ll want to have this for breakfast, snack time or dessert. The perfect way to use up overripe bananas!
I am continuing to share my love for epic breakfast recipes with my recipe for the very best banana fritters.
They are soft, fluffy, sweet but not overwhelmingly sweet (no added sugar!). AND the banana flavor in these fritters is ah-mazing.
After sharing my mother’s Savory French Toast, I think it is time for a little something sweet.
It happens every now and then. There are bananas on the countertop that are neglected and no one eats them. Then they quickly go from ripe to overripe and can’t be enjoyed as they are anymore.
BUT when bananas get overripe, I get excited because overripe bananas yield great flavor to banana recipes. Like this banana bread which I have made over and over again and can now make in my sleep. Or this banana puff puff which is a cousin to banana fritters – YUM!
And now, banana fritters!! These are SO EASY to whip up. The flavor they yield is incredible. The first thing to note with this recipe is to make sure you make the fritters with overripe bananas.
Fairly ripe bananas won’t cut it here. If the bananas are so ripe that they have developed black spots and some parts of the banana are mushy on the inside, then my friend, you have the perfect bananas for some banana fritters!
INGREDIENTS FOR BANANA FRITTERS RECIPE
To make banana fritters, you only need a few ingredients:
- Ripe bananas
- Baking powder
HOW TO MAKE BANANA FRITTERS
Making Banana Fritters is really easy!
Step 1: Mash some bananas with a fork.
Step 2: Add in some flour, eggs, milk, salt and ground nutmeg. Mix everything to combine and form a batter.
Step 3: Heat up oil and drop in spoonfuls of the batter to deep fry until golden brown.
And there you have it! Easy banana fritters!
CAN BANANA FRITTERS BE VEGAN?
Yes! Banana fritters can be made vegan. Simply omit the eggs and milk then thin out the batter with some water.
Without eggs or milk, you can still make great banana fritters!
WHAT TO EAT WITH BANANA FRITTERS
Banana Fritters are so versatile. You could eat them with a lot of things. Serve with jam or chocolate sauce for a sweet option.
You could also sprinkle powdered sugar on them and eat. For a savory option, pair with a dipping sauce like this African hot sauce.
These great little fritters are a breakfast favorite.
Cook:5 minsTotal:15 minsPrep:10 minsServings:6Yield:2 dozenNutrition Info
Decrease Serving6Increase ServingAdjustOriginal recipe yields 6 servingsIngredient Checklist
- ½ cup milk
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Step 1In a mixing bowl, combine the milk and bananas. Sift in the flour, salt, and baking powder. Thoroughly mix in the eggs and margarine.
- Step 2Heat the oil in a large skillet to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Step 3Carefully place spoonfuls of the mixture into the hot oil and fry until brown. Flip the fritter and continue to brown. Remove fritters from the oil and drain on paper towels. Dust the fritters with confectioners’ sugar and serve while warm.
|Nutrition per portion||RDA|
|– of which Sugars||13g||14%|
We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Transform ripe bananas into a warm, battered dessert with our recipe for easy fritters.
Ground cinnamon and a generous drizzle of honey make these sweet banana fritters irresistible. Each chunk of warm banana is covered in a crisp, golden coating made with flour, egg, and milk. These delicious banana fritters are best served warm with ice cream. Swap the honey for a drizzle of maple syrup, or melted chocolate to serve instead. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to two days.
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 150ml milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 3 bananas
- Clear honey to serve
- Put the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and cinnamon into a bowl. Make a well in the center and add the egg and half the milk and mix well to a smooth batter. Gradually beat in the remaining milk.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a deep saucepan or wok.
- Peel the bananas and cut in half lengthwise and then cut each piece into three horizontally.
- Dip the banana pieces in the batter and then gently lower into the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Cook a few pieces at a time then remove and drain on kitchen paper. Serve with honey for dipping.Please note nutritional info is based on the use of 100ml of vegetable oil for cooking.
Top tips for making banana fritters
When deep frying choose a pan that’s larger than the burner you are cooking on and don’t fill more than half full of oil. If you have a thermometer heat the oil to 180°C, otherwise place a cube of bread in the oil and if it turns golden brown in 45 secs the oil is ready.