How to make Banana Nut Bread. Banana nut bread is one of the most delicious and easy recipes when it comes to banana cakes.
Banana nut bread is a great dessert to make for your family. If you want to make banana nut bread then keep reading. I will show you how to make it.
MOIST & DELICIOUS BANANA NUT BREAD
SAVE RECIPEREADY IN: 1hr 20minsSERVES: 18YIELDS: 18 muffinsUNITS: USPRINT RECIPE
- 1⁄2cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 1⁄4cups sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 2eggs (beaten)
- 3ripe bananas, smashed (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4cup milk
- 2cups flour
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 – 1cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1/2-1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Cream butter & sugar. Add vanilla & eggs. Combine dry ingredients, add alternately with bananas & milk. Add nuts if desired. Grease & flour 1 bread pan (2-3 smaller pans) or pour into muffin cups. For loaf bake at 350 for 45-60 minute Muffins 350 for 20-25min. Enjoy!
- *Note- I usually use a smaller bread pan to make the 2 loaves, or use a larger one and just make 1 big loaf, but it will need to bake longer. I adjusted the time because people had been saying it was over baking, now people are saying it’s under baked. I would use the old fashion test of a tooth pick at 45 min, then at 1 hour — up to 1 hour & 30 min if needed. Hope that helps!
Banana Walnut Bread
- Level: Easy
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Yield: 1 loaf
Share This Recipe
1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for preparing the pan
1 cup sugar
3 very ripe bananas, peeled, and mashed with a fork (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl, set aside. Whisk the eggs and vanilla together in a liquid measuring cup with a spout, set aside. Lightly brush a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan with butter. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with an electric hand-held mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually pour the egg mixture into the butter while mixing until incorporated. Add the bananas (the mixture will appear to be curdled, so don’t worry), and remove the bowl from the mixer.
- With a rubber spatula, mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the nuts and transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Cool the bread in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Turn the bread out of the pan and let cool completely on the rack. Wrap in plastic wrap. The banana bread is best if served the next day.
Put those ripe bananas to use in the best banana bread recipe ever. Moist and delicious, it’s easy to make—one bowl, no need for a mixer!
This banana bread has been the most popular recipe on Simply Recipes for over 10 years. Thousands of people make it every day. Why?
Because it really is the best banana bread recipe, period. You can mix everything in one bowl, you can vary the amount of sugar or bananas. And the secret to its great flavor? Melted butter.
The beauty of this banana bread recipe is you don’t need a fancy mixer! A mixing bowl, a fork to whisk the eggs, and a sturdy spoon to mix the batter are all you need. The sugar amount is flexible. The original recipe called for a cup of white sugar, but most people, including me, do just fine with 3/4 cup, and many are happy with 1/2 cup.
You can toss in a cup of chopped nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips if you want, or put the batter into muffin tins and make banana nut muffins instead. You can even go a step further and make chocolate banana bread.
I was given this banana bread recipe years ago from my friend Heidi H, who, many years before, had begged the recipe from a ski buddy’s mother—Mrs. Hockmeyer. Thanks Heidi
Video: How To Make Banana Bread
How to Make Banana Bread
The Best Loaf Pan for This Recipe
This recipe calls for an 8- x 4-inch loaf pan, which produces a tall loaf. The recipe will also work in an 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan, producing a slightly shorter bread. Since the pan is a bit larger, the bake time is shorter: 47 to 57 minutes. A 9- x 5-inch pan will yield an especially short but still delicious bread; bake for 45 to 55 minutes.
Adapt This Banana Bread Recipe
- Swap out all of part of the sugar for light brown sugar.
- Replace up to half of the flour with white whole wheat flour.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of chopped nuts or dried fruit.
- Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips.