How To Make Banana Shake – Presenting detailed explanation in simple words which makes it easy to understand and execute at home.
Banana shake is a rare and exotic drink that not many people know about. In fact, the only way to get it, is to prepare it from scratch, but with this article you can learn how to make this delicious drink faster than you thought!
Banana Milkshake Recipe (with Photos)
Banana Milkshake, a healthy and creamy shake prepared with ripe banana and milk is rich in potassium, dietary fiber and energy. In this shake recipe, banana provides the primary base for smoothness but ice cream gives richer creaminess to its texture. Cardamom, even though in small amount, gives it an enticing flavor while nuts provide something to chew on occasionally.
|1 large Banana|
|3/4 cup Milk, chilled|
|1 teaspoon Sugar or to taste|
|2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream, optional|
|A pinch of Cardamom Powder, optional|
- Take a ripe banana. Peel and cut it into slices. In this recipe, vanilla ice-cream is added to make the milkshake creamy and cardamom powder is added for nice flavor.
- Add sliced banana in the jar of a blender or the large jar of a mixer grinder jar.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder. This is an optional ingredient. If it is not available, skip it.
- Add 1-teaspoon sugar.
- Add 2-scoops vanilla ice-cream.
- Pour 3/4 cup milk over it.
- Blend until mixture turns smooth. If the mixture looks thin, add extra 1/2 banana and blend again. If mixture looks thick, add more milk and blend again to dilute it. Milkshake of banana with ice cream is ready. Pour it into a serving glass and serve immediately.
- Adjust the amount of sugar as per your taste.
- For healthy variation, don’t add sugar and vanilla ice cream.
- Add 2-3 strands of saffron in milk 30 minutes before making the shake. This will make saffron colored milkshake having extremely delicious aroma which compliments the flavor of cardamom.
Taste: Sweet and creamy
Serving Ideas: Banana shake prepared with milk and ice cream can be served as healthy breakfast drink or as a chilled stomach filling drink in the afternoon. Enjoy it as dessert or party drink too.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep:5 mins
- no cook
- Serves 1
An easy banana shake you can make in minutes, with creamy vanilla ice cream, a pinch of cinnamon and a swizzle of whipped cream
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1scoop vanilla ice cream
- 2 bananas, chopped
- 50ml double cream, whipped
- pinch cinnamon
- a few dried banana chips
- 1 fresh cherry
- STEP 1 – Put the milk, vanilla ice cream and banana into a blender. Whizz everything up until smooth then pour into a tall glass.
- STEP 2 – Top with a big spoonful of whipped cream and decorate with a pinch of cinnamon, some banana chips and a cherry. Serve immediately with a colourful straw.
How To Make Banana Shake (Without Ice Cream + Variations)
How to make a banana milkshake (without ice cream) that is smooth, creamy, and sweet. It contains just 3 simple ingredients as a base but has tons of flavor variations (listed below!). This banana milkshake recipe is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and can be made dairy-free!
I’ve made no secret of the fact that I love a delicious creamy drink any time of the year. Whether it’s Mexican horchata (Agua de Horchata), a coconut vanilla bean creme Frappuccino, Vietnamese avocado shake, or even ayran/doogh (a salty yogurt drink) – there’s an option for every mood and occasion. Luckily, a banana milkshake can be enjoyed any time of the year, and this is the ultimate recipe for all your banana shake desires!
Learning how to make a banana milkshake (without ice cream) should honestly be on any banana-lovers to-do list. Although we’ve already had a year (or two) of banana bread obsession, make space for this super simple, delicious homemade banana milkshake! It’s wonderfully smooth, creamy, and a natural people-pleaser
Also, unlike commercial milkshake powders (which, let’s be honest, are all sugar and chemicals!), all you need is three simple, all-natural ingredients, a blender, and about three minutes to whip up the ultimate simple healthy banana shake.
Alternatively, change it up with optional add-ins for a drink that is as healthy or decadent as you’d like! For example, I’ve included options below for fruitier banana shakes, peanut butter banana milkshake, Nutella banana milkshake, and more! And then, if you want to find more deliciously fruity drinks to enjoy, why not try this blueberry milkshake (ube frappe), mango lassi, creamy banana avocado smoothie, or strawberries and cream Frappuccino?!
At its base, you can make a delicious banana milkshake with just three simple ingredients, which are:
- Banana: I like to use bananas that are just beginning to overripen, so they’re soft, creamy, and sweeter too!
- Sweetener: I used honey, which pairs amazingly with bananas. However, you could also use maple or agave (vegan) or even make a sugar-free banana milkshake with liquid stevia drops or another sugar-free sweetener.
- Milk: you can use the milk of your choice. I used almond milk this time around. I recommend using whole milk or at least 2%+ for the best results. Avoid skimmed milk.
- Vanilla (optional): Vanilla extract is a great addition even to the simplest of banana shakes. If you have some in your house, I recommend adding some. Instant dessert vibes!!
OPTIONAL ADD-INS AND VARIATIONS
There are tons of ways to adjust this banana milkshake recipe, whether you want to add just a little extra flavor or make different flavor combinations.
- Salt: just like with a chocolate shake, adding a pinch of salt helps to balance and enhance the flavors in this banana milkshake recipe.
- Nut butter: a peanut butter banana milkshake is a must-have, at least every now and then. However, you could also use almond butter or another nut butter of your choice. Add one spoonful to add a rich creaminess to your shake. Add a second spoonful to pack in flavor, too.
- Berries: whether you’re in the mood for a blueberry banana milkshake or strawberry banana milkshake, there are several popular fruity additions that can help boost the flavor in this fruity shake.I recommend adding ½ cup of other fruit and increasing to personal taste. Plus, you can use fresh or frozen fruit for an even creamier treat.
- Chocolate: who wouldn’t love a chocolate banana milkshake?! You can easily adapt this recipe by adding unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder to the banana shake. For a more decadent option, a Nutella banana milkshake is possible using this homemade vegan Nutella.
- Coffee: a coffee banana milkshake is the ultimate breakfast shake. Just dissolve 1-2 teaspoon of instant coffee granules with a bit of water and add to the blender for the creamiest results.
- Spices: adding a tiny pinch (or two) of different spices can easily up the flavor in this banana milkshake recipe. My favorite options are cinnamon powder, allspice, and ginger.
- Toppings: you can also easily add extra pizazz with toppings. Coconut whipped cream (or dairy whipped cream), crushed nuts, chocolate shavings, cacao nibs, etc.
- Drizzle: you can drizzle the banana milkshake with chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, or even caramel sauce. The caramel could even be blended directly into the shake for more of a treat.
- Ice Cream: Okay, I know I’ve specifically titled this recipe as a banana milkshake without ice cream, but if you do want more of a decadent treat, you could add some vanilla, caramel, chocolate, or even peanut butter ice cream! For a healthier option, you could use frozen yogurt.
There are several other add-ins, too, like other fruits (mango, etc.) that you can add to the healthy banana milkshake. However, the more fruits you add, the more this banana milkshake recipe veers away from being a shake and more into smoothie territory. So I’m leaving those options be!
HOW TO MAKE A BANANA MILKSHAKE
The method for making a banana milkshake recipe couldn’t be simpler and basically takes just 2 steps.
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
For a thicker, creamier banana milkshake recipe, I recommend using frozen banana for the shake. Freezing them in slices is easiest for your blender.
Give the banana shake a taste and adjust the sweetener if needed. Then transfer to a glass/glasses of your choice and top with any of your favorite toppings such as whipped coconut cream, crushed nuts, shaved chocolate, cacao nibs, etc.
HOW TO MAKE AHEAD AND STORE
Store: I recommend drinking the banana milkshake as soon as it’s ready for the best flavor. However, it can be stored in the fridge for several hours if needed.
Note that if you use frozen fruit, it’s best to enjoy it immediately – to avoid textural changes.