How To Make Banana Smoothie Without Yogurt,Have you ever wanted to make a healthy smoothie, but you ran out of yogurt? I think this happens more often than you might realize. Maybe you’re out of yogurt and you don’t want to go buy more. Or maybe your fridge has been cleaned out by the kids. Whatever the reason, here’s a quick and easy way to make a healthy banana smoothie without yogurt. … <…insert more sample text here>
Banana Smoothie without Yogurt Recipe (with Step by Step Photos)
Banana and milk are rich source of calcium and smoothie prepared with them can provide the majority of body’s daily need of calcium in single go. Banana smoothie without yogurt is a nutritious and calcium rich drink prepared by using just three ingredients, banana, milk and honey. This recipe carefully avoids the use of ice as well as ice cream to make it suitable for kids. However, if you are not making it for kids, then you can add ice in its preparation.
|1 large Banana|
|1 cup Milk|
|2 teaspoons Honey|
|A pinch of Cardamom Powder or 2-3 Saffron strands, optional|
- Peel and chop banana into big pieces.
- Add banana, milk, cardamom powder and honey in a blender jar.
- Blend until smooth and there are no fruit chunks. Yogurt-less banana smoothie for kids is ready. Pour it into serving glass, garnish with banana wheel on the rim and serve.
- Do not add ice cubes, sugar or ice cream while preparing it for toddlers.
- Add a pinch of mace powder instead of cardamom powder for variation.
- Use of cardamom powder /saffron is optional, you can avoid it if you want to.
- Adjust the quantity of milk to make it thick or thin accordingly.
Taste: Sweet and smoothServing Ideas: The absence of ice, yogurt and ice cream in this smoothie makes it suitable to be served in the breakfast as healthy drink. However nothing can stop you from having anytime you like it.
A delicious Banana Smoothie brings back memories of my childhood! While I love a good Green Smoothie, banana smoothies are one of the two smoothies that my dad would make often growing up and they will always hold a special place in my heart. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Food has an amazing way of bringing back memories, thoughts, and feelings and drinking a delicious smoothie brings back all sorts of nostalgic feelings for me.
To get the best banana smoothie, you want to use bananas that are brown. The browner the banana, the sweeter this will be.
If your bananas are really brown, you can use less sugar than my recipe calls for. I will admit this recipe has more sugar than I usually use for my smoothies now, but this super sweet banana smoothie is just so yummy, I didn’t want to tweak the recipe too much. But feel free to use less sugar if you prefer!
In this recipe, both milk and bananas are used. Both milk and bananas help to give a smoothie a very creamy, not icy, texture.
I love smoothies that are creamy and not too icy, so I always try to have one or two ingredients in the recipe that help with that. In this case, bananas and milk both help so no yogurt is needed.
This is a banana smoothie recipe with milk. If you are trying to avoid dairy, you can use soy milk, almond milk or coconut milk, but your smoothie may not be quite as creamy.
This recipe is for a banana smoothie without yogurt, but if you leave out the milk, you may want to consider adding yogurt (coconut, soy or almond is ok) to help add a bit more creaminess to your smoothie.
ARE BANANA SMOOTHIES GOOD FOR YOU?
Banana smoothies can be good for you as long as you use healthy ingredients! This recipe contains bananas, milk, vanilla, ice and a bit of sugar. Sugar is optional though. If your bananas are ripe enough, they will provide enough sweetness for your smoothie which will make a very healthy banana smoothie recipe!
The sugar in this recipe is used to sweeten and deepen the banana flavor. But it is not necessary if you prefer to leave it out.
The point is, you can always modify this recipe to meet your dietary needs, just know that the overall taste and texture will be a bit different if you do so.
Are you ready for this smoothie recipe? Ok. Let’s do this!
WHAT IS THE BEST BLENDER TO USE TO MAKE A SMOOTHIE?
There are many blenders you can use for making smoothies, but I personally own the Vitamix 780 and think it is simply the best. I get smooth, consistent results every single time which is exactly what I want for all my smoothies! You can buy your own Vitamix 780 HERE.
BANANA SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 2 cups Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Bananas
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 cups Ice
HOW DO YOU MAKE A BANANA SMOOTHIE?
- Place all ingredients (bananas, milk, vanilla, ice, and sugar) in the blender and blend for several minutes until smooth.
- If your bananas are extra brown, or if you prefer a less sweet smoothie, use less sugar.
- Serve immediately!
Banana smoothies are wonderfully healthy and delicious to enjoy for breakfast or as a snack. And you only need 3 ingredients to blend them up from scratch! This vegan banana smoothie is made with sweet ripe bananas and coconut milk, plus a generous dash of cinnamon. Here you’ll find step-by-step instructions with photos to make a perfect smoothie with bananas – no yogurt or milk needed!
About This Banana Smoothie
I love cooking with bananas, so I always keep a bunch on hand in my kitchen. In fact, several of my favorite recipes feature this perfectly sweet and starchy fruit! I could eat them practically all day: Eggless Banana Pancakes for breakfast, Banana Cake, Banana Bread, Banana Muffins for desserts and Banana Milkshake for drinks
Ok, perhaps that is all a bit much for one day. But I still stand by my love for all things banana, and therefore wanted to create a smoothie recipe for a banana-tastic snack to add to my banana-all-day wishlist.https://imasdk.googleapis.com/js/core/bridge3.516.0_en.html#goog_9413811340 seconds of 10 secondsVolume 0%
Smoothies (or juices) can be made from just about any piece of produce. You simply need a fairly soft fruit, a liquid for creating the drinkable texture, and a good blender or mixer.
In this easy 3-ingredient banana smoothie, I use ripe bananas that are about to brown, so they are super sweet and no extra sugar needs to be added. The bananas are blended with thin coconut milk for a slightly tropical taste and great creaminess. And a healthy pinch of cinnamon adds a slightly smoky and sweet flavor!
I usually make these vegan banana smoothies for a healthy and filling breakfast. They’re also fantastic to quickly blend up for a satisfying snack on the go, or can be enjoyed as a lighter dessert.
I suggest you try this smoothie recipe whenever you need a tasty, satisfying, and filling drink.Step-by-Step Guide
How to Make Banana Smoothie
1. First, peel and chop 3 large bananas. Add them to a blender.
Here I have used over ripened bananas. As they are overly sweet, you won’t need to add any sweetener.
2. Add ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon powder and ½ cup lite coconut milk. You can swap cinnamon powder with ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract or add both.
For a more sweeter taste if you like add 1 to 2 tablespoons of your preferred sweetener.
Continue reading for more recipe variation suggestions!
3. Cover the jar and blend until smooth.
4. The smoothie should be perfectly smooth and creamy. Pour into two serving glasses.
5. Lastly, sprinkle on some toasted nuts and seeds. I sometimes also add chia seeds. This is optional but highly suggested to make the smoothie extra filling, nutritious and add a great bit of crunchiness.
Here I have used a mix of toasted sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, white sesame seeds and flax seeds. Feel free to add your favorite nuts or toasted seeds.
6. Serve banana smoothies immediately.
Banana Smoothie Tips and Variations
- Bananas: Most varieties of ripened sweet bananas work well when making smoothie. You can also opt to use over ripe bananas or frozen bananas. Frozen bananas will make for a thick frosty smoothie. Freeze the bananas for a couple of hours prior to making the smoothie.
- Other fruits: Bananas pair well with some fruits. So fruits like mango, strawberries, blueberries, avocado can be included to make a fiber rich healthy smoothie.
- Sweetness: To make the smoothie sweet, consider adding your preferred sweetener. Some options are maple syrup, raw sugar, coconut sugar or brown sugar. For a non-vegan version you can use honey.
- Nut butters: You could also add some nut butter like almond butter or cashew butter or peanut butter for a more creamy and richer smoothie loaded with healthy fats. Preferably try to add unsweetened nut butters.
- Liquids: While I mostly prefer to make fruit based smoothies or milkshakes with almond milk or coconut milk, you can use plant based milk or non-dairy milk like oats milk, rice milk or soy milk.
- Green smoothie: Sometimes I make a green smoothie with bananas by adding some blanched spinach leaves. On occasions I also add some frozen berries like blueberries or strawberries. Healthy kale leaves are also an option.
- Protein: To add some protein in the smoothie, blend with 1 to 2 tablespoons of protein powder or 1 tablespoon of moringa powder. You can also add some ground flax seeds (flax meal) for more fiber and protein.
- Vegetarian version: You can consider making this smoothie with milk or yogurt or greek yogurt. But keep in mind that this combination of milk or yogurt with banana can be heavy on the stomach according to Ayurvedic principles.
- Chocolaty variant: For a chocolate flavor, add 1 tablespoons of hot chocolate or cocoa powder while blending.