Ever wanted to know how to make banana split sundae? Although this recipe has a variety of steps, it is easy to complete.
The recipe for Banana Split Sundae is one thing every homemaker must know. It’s a recipe that marries two of nature’s best combination: bananas and ice cream in a unique way. Grab your blender, sundae glasses and ingredients, here are the instructions on how to prepare the tastiest sundae ever.
Banana Split Sundae
Homemade banana and peanut butter ice cream topped with chocolate syrup and peanuts make this sundae a dessert favorite.
Diabetic Living Magazine
Total:25 minsActive:10 minsServings:4
- Heart Healthy
- High Fiber
- Diabetes Appropriate
- Egg Free
- Low Sodium
- 3 frozen, sliced overripe bananas (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon thawed frozen light whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free chocolate-flavor syrup
- 1 teaspoon chopped peanuts
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Step 1In a food processor combine bananas and peanut butter. Cover and process until nearly smooth. Scoop into sundae dishes.
- Step 2Top each with whipped topping, sugar-free chocolate-flavor syrup, peanuts, and maraschino cherry. Serve immediately.
Tip: To freeze bananas, peel and slice very ripe bananas and arrange in a single layer on a large plate. Freeze at least 2 hours or until firm.
Serving Size: 1/3 cupPer Serving: 167 calories; protein 3.5g; carbohydrates 27.5g; dietary fiber 3.1g; sugars 14.3g; fat 6.4g; saturated fat 1.7g; vitamin a iu 58.9IU; vitamin c 7.7mg; folate 27.6mcg; calcium 12.8mg; iron 0.5mg; magnesium 42.9mg; potassium 381.8mg; sodium 60.1mg.Exchanges:
1/2 high-fat protein, 1 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat
This Banana Split Dessert is a classic summertime sundae loaded with vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream, gooey syrups, nuts, whipped cream, and cherries!
A banana split sundae is the perfect at-home dessert. If you’re looking for something for a party, try Banana Split Stuffed Strawberries or Banana Split Icebox Cake!
Even though this old fashioned dessert begins with classic flavors, there’s no reason you can’t mix it up with different ice cream flavors and topping! Take the traditional route and use classic vanilla ice cream or get creative and try it with key lime pie ice cream and other fun flavors!
What Is A Banana Split?
It is an ice cream-based dessert with a banana cut in half lengthwise then placed in a dish and topped with three scoops of ice cream, sauces, whipped cream, nuts, and cherries.
This dessert is traditionally served in a long oval dishes called banana split boats. These serving dishes can be hard to find. The best place to find both glass boats and plastic disposable boats is on Amazon.
Most classic ice cream treats like Root Beer Floats, Milkshakes, and the Banana Split were invented in a soda fountain. The Banana Split was invented in the early 1900s by a young pharmacist who worked in the pharmacy that housed the soda fountain. The original cost just 10¢!
How To Make A Banana Split
This is such a simple dessert to make, but you’ll want to work quickly because…ice cream.
- Slice a banana in half lengthwise placing one banana half on each side of the boat.
- Add one scoop of each chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ice cream* on top of the banana slices.
- Top the scoops of ice cream with the different sauces. Then finish with whipped cream, chopped nuts, and maraschino cherries.
PRO TIP: If you are making a few Banana Splits, scoop your ice cream ahead of time and freeze the scoops on a cookie sheet covered with parchment. Putting the banana split sundaes together will be a snap!
There you have it, how to make a classic banana split recipe at home! Now grab your spouse or your BFF and a couple of spoons and dig in!
Banana Split Sundaes
Believe it or not, banana splits are a great way for children to have a well-balanced sweet treat. My secret? Go heavy on the fruit!
Total:10 minsHands-On:10 minsYield:Serves 8 (serving size: 1 sundae)
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups vanilla light ice cream
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 ¼ cups sliced banana (2 bananas)
- ¼ cup Dark Chocolate Sauce, warmed
- ¼ cup bottled caramel sauce, warmed
- ½ cup coarsely chopped dry-roasted almonds
- Step 1Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Beat with mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Step 2Scoop 1/2 cup ice cream into each of 8 bowls. Top each with 1/4 cup strawberries and 2 1/2 tablespoons banana. Drizzle 1 1/2 teaspoons each of Dark Chocolate Sauce and caramel sauce over each serving. Top each with 1 tablespoon sweetened whipped cream and 1 tablespoon almonds.
- Step 3Tip: For portion control, scoop the ice cream for the kids, and then let them assemble everything else themselves.