Chicken Drumsticks is an easy-to-make starter recipe. This mouth-watering chicken recipe is one of the most popular appetizers that simply add to the party mood with its lip-smacking flavors. These crispy delicious Chicken Drumsticks are drool-worthy and can be prepared in just a few minutes. Here is an easy Chicken Drumstick recipe, which you can follow and prepare at the comfort of your home, just check out this given method and follow the steps accordingly. These delicious chicken drumsticks are generously coated with delectable seasoning, all-purpose flour, black pepper, paprika, and curry powder. Besides, this dish is baked to perfection by adding a special seasoning, which accentuates the taste and aroma.
This spicy treat will surely be a much healthier alternative to the oil-fried chicken drumsticks available in the market. And the best part is that you can add your choice of ingredients to make it tastier. Serve it with your choice of sauces and dips, and we are sure your kids will shower you with praises. This continental recipe is the best option to go for! Especially, if you have been planning to impress someone special with your marvelous culinary skills. What makes it a truly indulgent appetizer is its sumptuous flavor grilled to perfection. If you are a health freak, then, here’s an interesting way of preparing it by grilling it in a microwave.
Cooking drumsticks in a microwave certainly amps up the health quotient along with retaining the true flavors of chicken, spices, and herbs. Pair this easy chicken recipe with a dip of your choice to make it all the more irresistible. Don’t forget to share the recipe with your loved ones, who love to delve into the flavors of delicious chicken delicacies. Moreover, you can add your own innovative twist to this recipe. If you have sudden plans and you want to pack something delicious for your road trip, then this non-messy starter recipe makes for a nice dish to pack. So, next time whenever you want to relish something delicious and easy then try this dish and relish it with your loved ones.
How to make Chicken Drumsticks
Chicken Drumstick is a simple yet delicious appetizer recipe, which can be prepared in just a few minutes with some very easily available ingredients. Traditionally this recipe was made using the dry fry procedure. However, we have recreated this delicious recipe in a much more healthy way by cooking it in a microwave. Preparing it in this way will retain the flavors by using very less melted butter. You can also use fat-free butter.
Wash and clean the chicken pieces. Take a large bowl and combine flour, black pepper, paprika, curry powder along with chicken seasoning. Add salt according to your taste. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
Once done, coat the chicken drumsticks properly with the prepared seasoning. Next, arrange them on the baking dish which is to be foiled and greased with half of the melted butter.
Bake for about 30 minutes or at least until the chicken turns golden brown. Once well-baked, take out, let it cool for a while, and serve it with any dip of your choice. If you are fond of Indian flavors you can serve it with green chutney and some lip-smacking drinks.
Air Fryer Drumsticks
These air fryer chicken legs are so amazing! You don’t have to freeze outside to grill them or make a huge mess in the kitchen pan cooking them. Air frying is changing the cooking world! Air frying chicken legs are the best because it is all contained in the air fryer, that sits on your countertop.
The circulating air creates succulent crispy outsides and tender juicy meat inside. The seasoning is savory with a hint of sweetness. It is SO good! Everyone loves chicken legs, they are easy to hold on to and eat. They give you an excuse to eat with your fingers too! These chicken legs have become my kids’ favorite dinner. They can eat with their hands and love the tender, juicy chicken taste. This air fryer recipe is so outstanding, you will have to plan to make extras! Try them tonight!
What You Need For Air Fryer Chicken Legs
Look for Chicken Legs in the meat section of your grocery store. You can usually find packs of just chicken drumsticks near the other chicken parts.
- Chicken Legs: You will want the skin on these. It creates that crispy outside shell that everyone loves.
- Paprika: Adds flavor and color to the drumsticks.
- Italian Seasoning: A perfect blend of seasoning to go right on top.
- Brown Sugar: Adds a little bit of caramelization and sweetness to each leg.
- Salt and Pepper: Add to taste!
- Olive Oil: This helps the seasoning stick to the chicken and gives it a nice crisp skin once air fried.
How To Make Chicken Legs in the Air Fryer
This couldn’t get easier! Toss it all together and then hands-off. No need to babysit the grill or pan. Just flip Cook the legs once and you will have dinner on the table in no time.
- Prep the Chicken: Pat dry the chicken legs with paper towels. Place then in a medium-sized bowl.
- Spice it up: In a smaller bowl combine the paprika, Italian seasoning, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Combine it: Add the olive oil to the bowl of chicken and then sprinkle with the seasonings, tossing until fully coated.
- Bake it: Place the chicken legs skin side down in the basket of the air fryer. Cook at 380 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip after 10 minutes and continue to cook for 7-8 more minutes until no longer pink and the internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Why You Need Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks in Your Life!
Just in case your really wondering if you should make these or not, I’m here to tell you, you do!
- Less Mess: Air Frying drumsticks in the air fryer keeps the mess contained instead of all over your grill or stovetop. Love it!
- Fast and Easy: Cook your drumsticks in half the time and get superb results.
- Even Cooking: The circulating air in the fryer cooks the legs evenly without over-charring the outside. It’s just first-rate!
- Healthier: With little to know oil needed, it’s a healthier way to get your protein. Especially if you are trying keto or a low carb diet. It’s a healthy way to get that “fried” taste and texture without the oil.
- Cheap: The last time I checked chicken legs was one of the cheapest meats you could buy, talk about eating gourmet on a budget!
- Fun: Ok, I’ve mentioned this before but seriously air fryer chicken drumsticks are one of the most fun things to eat. So dig in!
Tips for Air Fryer Drumsticks
You will want to make sure these are unbelievable but since you are air frying, that will be easy!
- Know Your Air Fryer: Temperatures and timings can vary depending on your air fryer. How many chicken drumsticks you can fit will also make a difference. Be sure to check and monitor your chicken legs so you don’t overcook or undercook them. Adjust accordingly.
- Check the Temperature: You will need to check the internal temperature to make sure these air fryer chicken legs are safe to eat. Insert a thermometer in the thickest, fleshiest part of the drumstick, making sure it’s not touching the bone. The temperature should read 165 degrees.
- Let it Rest: It’s always a good idea to let the meat rest before cutting into it. It allows the meat to reabsorb and redistribute the moisture within the meat and allows meat fibers to become more tender.
Variations for Chicken Drumsticks
The wonderful part about this air fryer recipe is that it is so customizable. Use different spices, sauces and make this chicken legs your own special legs.
- Rubs: There are so many different spices you can use for these air fryer legs. Besides taco and ranch seasoning there are a whole bunch of varieties you can mix up. Chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, ground mustard and celery seed just give you a few ideas.
- Sauces: The air fryer chicken legs don’t need a sauce, but sometimes you just want a sauce. If you want to add a sauce to the chicken while it cooks like BBQ Sauce, wait to add it to the chicken till the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Slather the chicken legs in BBQ sauce then finish cooking. Other sauces you’ll want to reserve for dipping. For instance Ranch dressing, Hot sauce, Cheese Sauce, YUM YUM Sauce, a honey mustard or your favorite Asian sauce all will work with these air fryer chicken legs.
- Store: These will keep for 4-5 days in the fridge and up to 3-4 months in the freezer. To reheat the chicken legs, let them thaw in the fridge and reheat in the microwave or for a few minutes in the air fryer.
AIR FRYER CHICKEN LEGS
- 4-6 Chicken Legs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
Pat the chicken legs with a paper towel to dry. Add them to a medium-sized bowl.
In a small bowl combine paprika, Italian seasoning, brown sugar, and salt and pepper. Add the olive oil to the bowl of chicken and sprinkle with the seasonings and toss until fully coated.
Place the chicken legs skin side down in the basket of the air fryer. Cook at 380 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip after 10 minutes and continue to cook for 7-8 more minutes until no longer pink and the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods, and portion sizes per household.