Did you know that learning how to make chicken with pasta can help you save money, time and ultimately get a delicious meal on the table for your family? Cooking is easier than you may think and it’s all about getting the basics right. This article provides you with all of my favorite tips and tricks for cooking a delicious chicken dish with pasta.
15-minute chicken pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook:15 mins
- Serves 4
Enjoy fast food with a mouthwateringly healthy chicken pasta – low in fat too
- Easily doubled
- 350g pasta bows (farfalle)
- 300g broccoli , cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- juice of 1 large or 2 small oranges
- 25g flaked almond , toasted
- STEP 1Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Three minutes before the pasta is cooked, throw the broccoli into the pasta water and continue to boil.
- STEP 2While the pasta is cooking, gently heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Tip in the chicken and fry, stirring occasionally, until the chicken pieces are cooked and golden, about 8-10 minutes, adding the garlic for the last 2 minutes.
- STEP 3Mix the mustard with the orange juice in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the chicken, and gently simmer for a minute or two. Drain the pasta and broccoli, reserving 3 tablespoons of the pasta water. Toss the pasta and broccoli with the chicken, stir in the pasta water and the almonds, season well and serve.
MAKING IT NUT-FREE
Pine nuts are an ideal replacement for the almonds if you have a nut allergy, as they are in fact a seed from a variety of pine tree.
Chicken Pasta Recipe
How To Make Chicken PastaNDTV Food
About Spicy Chicken Pasta Recipe | Pasta Recipes: Penne pasta with a whole lot of spices, carrots, beans, celery and chilli flakes loaded with shredded cheese and chicken! No, this isn’t any restaurant dish, Chicken pasta in white sauce is the dish that can be easily made at home with this step by step recipe here. Just about 30 minutes with a few ingredients, spices mix and you’ll have a delicious bowl of chicken pasta to devour.
- Total Cook Time35 mins
- Prep Time10 mins
- Cook Time25 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Chicken Pasta
- 1 Cup water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup penne pasta
- 2 pieces butter
- 1/2 cup chicken, boiled
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp celery
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp carrot
- 2 tbsp beans
- 2 tbsp chicken stock
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1 tbsp cream
- 2 tsp cheese, shredded
How to Make Chicken Pasta
Take water in large bowl on flame, and bring to simmer.
Add salt once it starts boiling and let it boil till the bubbles starts occurring.
Now add olive oil and Penne pasta to the boiling water.
Now take a pan and put butter.
Heat it for a while and add boiled chicken to the pan.
Saute it a little, add salt and black pepper. Mix well.
Pour some olive oil and add garlic, celery, chilli flakes and black pepper.
Mix it to add carrot, beans, chicken stock and salt.
Saute them well and add water. Let it cook on the flame and keep stirring it well.
Now add cream and mix it well till it changes the colour of to light brown.
Add the boiled pasta to the mix.
Mix it well to immerse all of the pasta in the mixture.
Now add shredded cheese and let it cook further.
Serve hot with added garnishing of shredded cheese on the top.
Key Ingredients: water, salt, olive oil, penne pasta, butter, chicken, black pepper, garlic, celery , chilli flakes, carrot, beans, chicken stock, pasta water, cream, cheese
Make sure to not overcook the pasta.
We have added vegetables like carrot and beans in the recipe, however you can use any vegetable of your choice or not use any at all.
We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. All prices were accurate at the time of publishing.
Chicken Alfredo pasta was my favorite “fancy” restaurant order as a kid — luxe sauce clinging to fettuccine topped with crispy chicken. It was about as close to macaroni and cheese and chicken fingers as a 6-year-old could get at any good Italian-American restaurant. Perhaps this is why most takeout Alfredo falls short for me — it’s too entwined in my own culinary memories. Or it could just be that the rich sauce gets too cold and clumpy while waiting for delivery.
Hellbent on enjoying my childhood favorite from the comfort of my own couch, I set out to recreate the Alfredo of my memory (and I bet yours too — whether it was eaten at your family’s favorite Italian-American restaurant or your local Olive Garden). We’ve eschewed the authentic “no cream” Alfredo for a reliable take on this classic that’s just as creamy, garlic-rich, and fun to slurp up as you remember.
What Is Alfredo?
Alfredo is a creamy, dreamy pan sauce made from butter and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. There are a few additions and adaptations that exist. Unlike béchamel — another classic sauce — Alfredo is best made and eaten straight away. You can use Alfredo for coating broccoli or, most famously, fettuccine. Here, we’re partnering it with pasta and golden crispy chicken breast for a dinner that can make even the most regular Thursday night feel special.
Ingredients & Timing
- Grab some fettuccine, cream, Parmesan, and a few chicken breasts at the store and you’ll probably have everything else you need on hand.
- We call for European-style butter here for its slightly higher fat content, but if you’ve got the plain stuff on hand already, use it!
- This recipe takes about 30 minutes to make the first time, but once you’ve mastered the step-by-step, you can get the hands-on cook time down to 20 minutes.
Your Chicken Alfredo Game Plan
You’ll have two pans going at one time — a four-quart pot for cooking the fettuccine and a large skillet for cooking the chicken breasts and building the sauce.
- Boil the pasta in a large pot of salted water. Get this going before you start cooking the chicken and you can add the dried pasta right around the same time you start cooking the chicken breast. Save a cup of the pasta water to thin the sauce if needed.
- Cook the chicken breasts in a combination of oil and butter for golden crispness. This is our favorite golden, crispy chicken technique. You can read more about it here. You can cover the chicken breasts with foil while you finish the sauce to keep them warm.
- Pasta is ready, chicken is ready, make your sauce. Once your pasta is cooked and drained, and your chicken is cooked and sliced, the actual Alfredo sauce takes just a few minutes to make in the same skillet you cooked the chicken in.
- Toss it all in the sauce skillet. When the sauce is nice and thick, add the pasta and a splash of pasta water and toss to coat. You can add the chicken here as well, if desired. Serve immediately.
Do You Need to Use Fettuccini Pasta?
Nope! You can use this same basic sauce recipe to coat other pastas (both short noodles and long noodles will work), proteins, or vegetables.
Serving Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Chicken Alfredo is so rich, we rarely serve more than some roasted broccoli or a light salad on the side. Because the sauce will continue to thicken as it cools, be sure to have those sides ready before building the sauce.