How to make cinnamon water for weight loss is gaining popularity in many health blogs today. The cinnamon has for long time been thought of to have both medicinal and mystical properties. Hippocrates, the father of medicine, used cinnamon as a wound hemostat. Pliny the Elder also wrote that the cinnamon could prolong life because it creates warmth to vital organs in the body therefore preventing old wounds from decaying.
Cinnamon water, cinnamon for weight loss
Cinnamon water drink is simple and quick to make fat cutter drink using a cinnamon stick or cinnamon powder. This water is a wonder drink for those looking for drinks that aid in losing weight. It is a very effective and widely known drink to reduce fat with a proper diet and also with regular workouts. Follow this diet drink for amazing weight loss benefits.
Also, check out some more weight loss related recipes such as chia seeds for weight loss, celery juice for weight loss etc…
About Cinnamon and Honey
We get different types of cinnamon…
Two types of Cinnamon:
- One is Ceylon cinnamon.
- The second type is Cassia cinnamon.
Ceylon cinnamon is the true cinnamon and cassia cinnamon is known to be the fake kind of cinnamon.
How does cinnamon look like?
Cinnamon sticks appear brown in colour and are of finger size rolls. True cinnamon is the aromatic bark of a cinnamon tree and has got many layers inside the roll.
Fake cinnamon has not got layers inside the roll and is brown in colour too but does not give out any aroma or fragrance.
I am sharing a cinnamon drink that can help effectively with weight loss. Do follow it with the rest of the things such as diet and exercise.
Difference between two Cinnamon
- True cinnamon that is the Ceylon cinnamon is actually the real cinnamon and has lots of fragrance in it.
- Fake cinnamon is the unreal cinnamon that is not suitable for cooking.
- True cinnamon is mainly suitable for cooking purposes and is on the sweeter and tastier side while fake cinnamon is slightly toxic in nature and not suitable or beneficial for consumption purposes.
- Actual cinnamon has got many layers and appears light in weight, very expensive, aromatic with lots of health benefits.
- Fake cinnamon is heavier than the true cinnamon, very cheap and not expensive and also found in abundance whereas true cinnamon is not found in plenty all over the world.
- The conclusion is, always look for true cinnamon that tastes amazing and never opt for fake cinnamon which is not suggested to be consumed
Usage as spice
- Cinnamon is known to be one of the best spices in the world which are highly used in medicine as it has got many medicinal properties as well as good for consumption.
- Cinnamon due to its great medicinal properties is used in ayurvedic medicine as well.
- It is mainly used for the purpose of cooking and highly used in Indian cooking.
How is cinnamon used in cooking?
- Cinnamon is used widely in Indian kitchens as it gives a great aroma to all the dishes made such as flavoured rice recipes or curry recipes in which cinnamon is added along with other spices during the tempering stage as they release all the essential flavours and give a great aroma to all the recipes.
- Every special dish made takes in cinnamon as the flavorful ingredient into the dish and lifts up the flavour of the whole dish.
- Not only rice and curries but cinnamon is mostly used in desserts such as cakes, rolls and also it is used as a topping on many sweet recipes.
How it is used for weight loss
- Cinnamon helps reduce hunger cravings and any food cravings by munching on a little bit of true cinnamon. Have it either in its whole form or water or in powdered form
- Cinnamon is mostly known to control sugar levels and help deposit less fat inside the body and thus helping in losing weight.
- Whenever we do have cravings to munch on something unhealthy stuff then cinnamon comes into place.
- Have it often which controls the cravings to have unhealthy food and thus helping in reducing the cholesterol levels in the body.
- Cumin is also used for weight loss and check the post of cumin seeds water for more details.
Cinnamon water, cinnamon for weight loss drink
A quick weight loss drink that works well for losing body as well as belly fat….
- PREP TIME: 5 mins
- COOK TIME: 10 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 15 mins
- COURSE: Beverages
- CUISINE: Indian
- SERVINGS: 1
- CALORIES: 21 kcal
- 1 glass water
- 2 medium size cinnamon sticks (dalchini)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Firstly, take a sauce pan.
- Add water into the pan, add cinnamon sticks.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and simmer it for 5-10 minutes.
- Let the cinnamon flavor seep into the water completely.
- When the water appears brownish red in color switch off the flame.
- Allow the water to cool down and let it turn lukewarm.
- Take a glass and strain the lukewarm water into the glass.
- Add a teaspoon of honey into the glass and stir it well.
- Drink it on an empty stomach early in the morning or between meals.
- Gives better results if consumed frequently.
- Check out the video procedure below.
- Cinnamon powder too can be used in place of cinnamon sticks.
- Adding honey is optional, but it tastes even more better with honey added.
- Follow this weight loss drink often and see amazing results.
How To Make Lemon Cinnamon Water At Home
Get the daily dose of warming spice in your life with lemon cinnamon water. The lemon cinnamon water is filled with potential health benefits that won’t disappoint you. Forget having regular lemon water anymore and try this cinnamon-flavored water.
The article will guide you to make this lemon cinnamon water in the blink of an eye. All you need is lemon, ground cinnamon, honey, and warm water. In a saucepan, warm up the ground cinnamon until the flavors are brewed.
Pour the cinnamon water into the cup, add honey to your taste, squeeze lemon and serve hot. You can also try a chilled version of lemon cinnamon water. It tastes the same. So strike a balance of your taste buds with this nutritious drink.
Begin to prepare this concoction of lemon cinnamon water that is hearty, healthy, hydrating, and refreshing. Find the detailed list of required equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions below.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Lemon Cinnamon Water ?
- Saucepan – Take a saucepan to brew the ground cinnamon.
- Glass – Pour the lemon cinnamon water in a glass.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Lemon Cinnamon Water ?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|2 Minutes||2 Minutes||4 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Lemon Cinnamon Water ?
- Lemon Juice – Take one tablespoon of lemon juice to prepare lemon cinnamon water.
- Ground Cinnamon – Brew the ground cinnamon in a saucepan to infuse the perfect flavor.
- Honey – Add honey according to your sweet preference.
- Warm Water – Brew the ground cinnamon using warm water.
Steps To Make Lemon Cinnamon Water
Take a saucepan and brew ground cinnamon for about 2 minutes. Let the cinnamon infuse evenly. Then, take a mug, squeeze half lemon, pour the cinnamon water and a teaspoon of raw honey. Stir in well, and the cinnamon water for weight loss will be ready.
How Will Lemon Cinnamon Water Look And Taste Like?
Lemon cinnamon water looks golden to copper in color and tastes delectable. People have adapted this lemon cinnamon drink to their daily routine as it is a great source of weight loss.
Honey Cinnamon Water Recipe
Honey Cinnamon Water is one of the simplest drinks to prepare. Cinnamon is known for its numerous health benefits. It aids in increasing metabolism, controlling blood pressure and is also said to bring down blood sugar levels. Having this tea daily can help one manage several lifestyle diseases. Several researches have pointed out that cinnamon helps remove fat from around the stomach and since it increases metabolism, it promotes weightloss. The best way of consuming cinnamon is in the form of this tea. You will have to consume it daily to reap health benefits.
Ingredients of Honey Cinnamon Water
- 2 teaspoon Honey
- 2 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
How to make Honey Cinnamon Water
- Step 1 Boil water and add cinnamonBoil in 2 cups of water. Pour the boiling water on the cinnamon. Cover it and let it seep until it is warm enough to drink. You must ensure that you have powdered the cinnamon very finely so that it mixes well in the water.
- Step 2 Add honeyAdd honey when the water is cool. Drink 1/2 of this before going to bed. This will definitely ensure a calm and peaceful sleep. If you are a diabetic, you can skip adding honey.
- Step 3 Drink on an empty stomach. The other half should be covered and refrigerated and this should be consumed in the morning. Do not re-heat it in the morning. It is advisable to consume it on an empty stomach.
Can Cinnamon Water Really Help You Lose Weight?
For nutritionists, cinnamon is bae. “I love cinnamon and have it every morning sprinkled on my cappuccino,” says Elisabetta Politi, R.D., a nutritionist with Duke Health. Even better: Some research has shown that cinnamon can help lower your blood glucose (blood sugar) levels. And since blood glucose spikes make you feel hungrier, people speculate that means cinnamon could possibly help you feel fuller, helping you eat less overall.
Enter cinnamon water, the latest H2O drink available at health-food stores that claims to have weight-loss benefits. (Dance your way fit with High-Intensity Dance Cardio, the first-ever socanomics DVD!)
But is this waist-friendly cocktail too good to be true? WH investigates.
Loads of research has looked at whether cinnamon can lower blood glucose. One 2016 review of 10 different studies showed an average reduction in fasting blood glucose with cinnamon that was better than other common dietary supplements. “But the reduction was modest, and in most studies participants failed to meet the American Diabetes Association treatment goals,” says Politi. Research methods have also varied greatly, with doses ranging from 120 mg to 6,000 mg (.046 teaspoons to 2.3 teaspoons) per day over the course of four to 16 weeks. All of this means more research needs to be done before experts will start recommending cinnamon to control blood sugar levels, she says.
Can I drink cinnamon water at night?
Yes, you can surely drink cinnamon water at night, as it helps you to relax and sleep tight nicely.
Is it good to drink cinnamon water every day?
It is good to drink cinnamon water once a day. Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties that help people suffering from joint pains and a lot of other infections.
Is cinnamon water good for the skin?
Cinnamon water helps you to improve the clogged pores and the texture of the skin.
Get ready to have this easy and quick lemon cinnamon drink at home with us. Refer to the above article and seek out the details. Share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.