In this video I will show you how to make a Mango Float Panlasang Pinoy following a local recipe from our hometown, San Mateo Rizal. Enjoy!!! Mango float or mango shake is a fruit drink recipe that uses ripe mangoes. In this post, I will share the steps to make mango float. A truly Pinoy drink made with tropical fruits in it.
Jean’s Graham Mango Float
This is Graham mango float is a shared recipe by Jean Reynaert. This dessert recipe is her entry to the Panlasang Pinoy Recipe Contest, which we had a few years back . It is a simple dessert recipe using ripe mangoes that anyone (even beginners) can make.
This dessert is as a big hit during fiesta celebration. I always make graham mango float on special occasion. It’s an easy recipe and most of all you don’t even need to bake. Although I love baking but it’s nice to have a quick and easy recipe. Most of all, this is a refreshing dessert for the whole family.
Jean’s Graham Mango Float
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time1 minute
Total Time11 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of crushed graham
- 20 pieces Graham crackers
- 1 cup all purpose cream or coolwhip
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 2 cups of mangoes thinly sliced
- In a rectangular dish, arrange 8 to 10 pieces of graham crackers. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cream/cool whip and condensed milk. (Mix well)
- Then on the layered crackers on the bottom, spread the milk and cream mixture.
- Then spread out the thin sliced mangoes evenly on top of the cream.
- Make another layer of graham crackers; spread the cream and mango slices. (You can do lots of layers if you want)
- Garnish top layer with mango and sprinkle the crushed graham.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
Quick and Easy Mango Float Recipe
is a kind of dessert which can be prepared easily. It has a combination of all-purpose cream and the condensed milk. Aside from it’s being easy to prepare it’s also a dessert that your whole family would love because the ingredients needed are not really expensive and it’s really satisfying.
Mango Float dessert is usually served during Christmas and New Year celebration. This can be done in two to three layers of filling depending on the size of the baking dish that you’re going to use. Mango Float can also be prepared this summer season or any occasions do you love to prepare it. Just prepare all the ingredients that will be needed and follow the directions accordingly.
Now,you can also prepare and make your own version of Mango Float!
5 from 1 reviews
Quick and Easy Mango Float Recipe
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 1 pc. of nestle cream
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 1 pack of graham crackers
- ¼ cup graham powder
- 2 pcs mango (slices and puree)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- In a clean bowl mix the nestle cream, condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla essence. Mix well
- Layer the graham crackers in a square bowl and pour the cream mixture, sprinkle with graham powder , add the sliced mango.
- Repeat the process in the 2nd and 3rd layer .
- For the last layer top with the mango puree and slice mango.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Serve and Enjoy
MANGO FLOAT RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST MANGO FLOAT
Mango Float Recipe is the easiest, delicious no-bake Filipino dessert you can make for the entire family. Bursting with fresh mango flavor with lots of antioxidants. It is always a big hit during Christmas, New Year and Birthday celebrations. Mango float is my family’s favorite dessert, and the good thing is the ingredient’s not expensive.
HOW TO MAKE MANGO FLOAT:
Graham Float dessert is the Filipino version of the popular icebox cake. It is consists of layers of graham crackers or ladyfingers (broas), whipped cream, condensed milk, and ripe carabao mangoes. Mango Float dessert can be two layers of filling or three, depending on the size of your baking pan. In this preparation, we use a smaller glass baking dish so we can make three layers. Using a glass baking dish allows you to see the pretty layers.
WHERE CAN YOU BUY THE BEST MANGO IN THE PHILIPPINES?
According to Wikipedia, there are 14 different strains of Carabao mango. These mango strains include the Talaban and Fresco of Guimaras. There is also MMSU Gold of Ilocos Region. We recommend you buy the mango fruit from Guimaras because their variety is the sweetest in the Philippines. Guimaras is exporting Mango to many parts of the world.
Try this Pinoy Recipe at iba pa version of Mango Float Recipe this Holiday season with your family and friends. You will surely enjoy this Filipino dessert. With the right amount of sweetness, layers of whip cream, graham crackers, and mangoes, the taste is heavenly.
|MANGO FLOAT PREPARATION PROCEDURE:|
TIPS ON MAKING MANGO FLOAT
- Use a square 8 x 8 baking dish that is deep enough for the multiple layers .
- We use a combination of All-purpose cream and powder whip-cream in this recipe.
- You can also use broas (ladyfingers) if graham crackers are not available.
Mango Float Recipe
Our Mango Float Recipe version is easy to make and a very delicious Filipino dessert. We use fresh mango, whip cream, and all-purpose cream, a big hit during Christmas and New Year celebration.
PREP TIME15 mins
COOK TIME40 mins
TOTAL TIME5 hrs 55 mins
- 3 large ripe mangoes sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream (chilled & whipped until doubled in size) or 1 box (200g) Frosty Whip Cream Powder, whipped according to package
- 1 250ml nestle all-purpose cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt optional
- 1 pack graham crackers
- Prepare an 8×8 baking dish glass or any similar container and set aside.
- Wash mangoes, cut both sides off the pit, peel and slice the flesh thinly. Don’t throw the pit, scrape the flesh and reserve.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the cream until light and double in size. Add in chilled all-purpose cream, condensed milk, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt and mix until well combine. At this point you can taste test your cream and adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
- Divide the whipped cream mixture into 3 parts, so you can have a 3-layer mango float.
- To assemble the mango float, first you have to arrange graham crackers in your baking dish. Lay the crackers flat and even until you cover the whole bottom of the pan. Use scissors or sharp knife to trim the crackers, if needed.
- Pour 1 part of the cream mixture at the top of crackers and spread evenly.
- Top with mango slices and add reserve scraped mangoes.
- Place another layer of graham crackers and repeat process until you have 3 layers, ending with cream and sliced mangoes on top. Don’t throw extra graham crumbs, crushed it finely & dust it on top of your mango float.
- Chill for 8 hours or overnight to set completely before serving.
Serving: 1square sliceCalories: 300kcalCarbohydrates: 65gProtein: 8gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 200mgPotassium: 340mgFiber: 6gSugar: 300gVitamin A: 1000IUVitamin C: 24.8mgCalcium: 50mg