Do you want to make mango juice in your home? The taste of fresh, messy mangoes is delicious. Fresh mango fruit slushies are the best. Here’s my guide for how to make mango juice at home and have your very own juicy party! Mango recipes – they’re sneakily full of fibre and vitamin C. A long-term intake of vitamins C really helps improve your immune system, keeping health problem at bay and also keeping them from getting serious.
MANGO JUICE RECIPE
Mango Juice is a sweet, tangy, and refreshing tropical drink filled with full of mango flavors. It is prepared with fresh ripe mangoes, sugar, and water. The recipe shared here shows you how to make fresh Mango Juice from scratch with easy step-by-step instructions. I have also attached a clear video tutorial to make the process visually clear and simple. This Mango Juice is a perfect drink that can be served for breakfast or as a quick treat to enjoy on hot summer days.
WHAT IS MANGO JUICE?
Mango Juice is a pulpy fruit drink with bursting mango flavors and vibrant color. This juice is made with fresh ripe mangoes which gives a rich taste and flavor to the drink. It is one of the easiest drinks to make at home and the best part is, it requires only 10 minutes to enjoy this tropical drink. Whether you have fresh mangoes in season or canned ones lying in the refrigerator, you are in a real treat.
It is one of the common drinks popular across the globe especially to beat the heat on those hot summers days. It is not only simple to make but it also has a lot of health benefits to include in your diet. The mangoes are naturally rich in minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants that are great for the skin, eyes and also aids in good digestion.
This Mango Juice is also a crowd-pleasing drink that can be perfect for summer parties, kid’s treats, or as a quick snack. So let’s check out what you will need to make this drink.
- Ripe Mangoes – I have used fresh champagne mangoes but you can also use other varieties that is in season at your place. You can also feel free to use canned ones if the fruits are not in season
- Sugar – It depends upon how sweet your mango is and I have used 2 tbsp here
- Water – I have used 1 cup of water which gives moderately thick consisitency juice
HOW TO MAKE MANGO JUICE?
The recipe shared here is a simple Mango Juice without any extra flavorings. If you love to add some flavors to your juice, then I have suggested some ideas in the Variations section. So let’s see how to make this refreshing drink below.
- Peel and Cut– Pick nice ripe mangoes and peel the skin and cut or scoop the pulps from it
- Blend – Add the mango pulp, sugar, and water. Blend all the ingredients at high speed until it turns smooth consistency
- Serve – Pour the fresh Mango Juice into a serving glass and serve immediately. Use ice cubes to make it cold
- Using fresh ripe mango pulp delivers the best flavor and taste to the juice but you can also use canned pulp if the fruit is not in season
- Adding sugar is an optional ingredient if the mangoes are naturally sweet and you can also use honey or other sweeteners of your choice
- Even though I have not used any other flavors in this juice, you can feel free to add orange and other tropical fruits for more flavors
- I have used water to blend the juice, but you can also use orange juice, tender coconut water for different tastes and flavor
- This Tropical juice is an absolutely refreshing drink that can be perfect for breakfast or as a quick snack on hot summer days
- Even though I have used water to make this juice, you can also use orange juice, tender coconut water for different flavor and taste
- Adding mint leaves, ginger, lemon juice gives more refreshing flavor to the drink
- You can also use yogurt, milk or other non-dairy milks to enjoy it as a smoothie or a shake
- You can also use chia seeds, chopped nuts to add some extra toppings to your juice
This Mango Juice tastes great when served fresh and stays good in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Serve this fresh Mango Juice with ice cubes and you can also use chia seeds or chopped nuts to add some toppings.
This fresh mango juice needs 3 ingredients, five minutes from start to finish and can be made in blender easily. With all the goodness of ripe mangoes, this juice is all you want on a hot day. So delicious and flavorful this juice is a treat for mango lovers. Here is my post on how to make best mango juice at home with step by step photos and video.
Come summer, this drink is a mainstay at our home. We go through ridiculous quantity of mangoes and juicing mangoes is just one way we consume it 🙂 Depending upon the availability and taste, I add few other ingredients to make this juice more flavorful and interesting. Here I am sharing all those with you with my best tips.
Making mango juice at home is easy and really a no-brainer. Yet I am sharing here a recipe for this juice as it will help beginners and those who want to make juice without a juicer.
We love fresh juices with seasonal fruits like watermelon agua fresca, fresh pineapple juice, grape juice, guava juice at our home. With just a touch if sugar or by just using sweeet fruits these juices are best way to stay hydrated in summer.
About This Recipe
Mango juice is the most common and loved fruit juice during summers. It is prepared by blending sweet ripe mangoes with or without any sweetener and water.
During mango season I make fresh mango juice very frequently. We have a steady supply of organic sweet alphonso mangoes and it is the best one to juice. The flavor and taste of these organic mangoes are so good, just like what a real fruit will have 🙂
I prefer ripe sweet mangoes with less fiber like alphonso, kesar mangoes for juice. Fruit with less fiber yields more pulp and juice. Also with sweet fruit you can add very less sugar while juicing.
I make this mango juice in many ways varying the ingredients. While I am sharing the detailed recipe for a basic juice, I have mentioned some variations and flavor combinations you can try.
The taste and flavor of this mango juice will vary with the type of mangoes used, add-ins you use. If you are looking for clean refreshing drink to stay hydrated this summer, do try this homemade mango juice. It is
is vegan, gluten free and clean
Easy recipe made in a blender
is delicious, flavorful and healthy
is best for toddlers and kids
Juice made from fresh mangoes is nothing like what you get in cartons. It is so smooth, flavorful and thick unlike diluted fake juices from the stores. Speaking of mango juice in cartons, you can also try this amazing homemade frooti recipe 🙂
Ingredients & Substitutes
Ingredients you need for mango juice are fairly simple. You need just ripe sweet mangoes and water. Yes even sugar is optional here but I do add a bit to bring out the flavor of mangoes.
Mango when blended yields a thick pulp that you should dilute well before serving as juice. While the most common choice is water, you can also use various ingredient and vary the taste and flavor.
Few options that you can add instead of water are
- Orange juice– I often throw segments of peeled oranges along with mangoes for a wonderful aroma. It is also good for some vitamin c fix.
- Coconut water– One of the best choices during summer, if you want to stay hydrated and nourished. Just use as much as required instead of water.
- Pineapple juice– A tropical delight that bursts with flavor, our personal favorite. Use 3-4 slices of peeled pineapples. However you will have to add some water to dilute this juice again.
- Carbonated water or soda– To make fizzy welcome drink you can use soda instead of plain water for making this juice.
- Carrot juice- This is a very good combination for building immunity too.
Sometime I make mango juice with flavoring like cardamom, ginger, basil leaves or throw in some mint leaves, basil leaves or fresh ginger for flavors. You can also add lemon juice to round off the flavors and this mango mojito tastes excellent too.
How To Make Mango Juice
1. First of all peel and chop the mangoes roughly.
Transfer the mango pieces or chunks to a mixer jar and blend smooth.
To that add required water and sugar. Blend again to a smooth juice.
3. Serve chilled with more ice cubes.
Health Benefits of Mango Juice
Mango is one of the super foods with immense health benefits. Just like any yellow fruit, this is also rich in Vitamin A, vitamin b6, good for eye health, good for skin health and good for immune system.
Also mangoes are very good source of energy for kids. It helps in treating anemia, alkalizes the body, lowers cholesterol and maintains cholesterol levels, good for intestine due to its fiber content.
Can We Freeze Mango Juice?
Yes you can prepare the mango juice and freeze them in Ice cube tray or small boxes also. You can add these cubes while making milkshakes or thaw and serve as mango juice.
How To Make Juice With Frozen Mangoes?
Another way to make mango juice is to use frozen mangoes. If you have frozen fruit, just thaw them for few minutes and blend them with sugar to make juice.
Some Variations And Tips
- This recipe yields moderately thick juice and very similar to slice or frooti. You can however add more water to make diluted juice. Also you can reduce the water further to make thicker juice with more mango flavor.
- I do not prefer to add ginger powder or cardamom powder to flavor the juice. It simply masks the flavor of mango. If you prefer I suggest you add a dash of lemon or lime juice to round the flavors.
- You can prepare the juice ahead of time and chill it in the fridge. Also you can serve with more ice cubes.
- Finally as with any mango recipe use ripe fruit with smooth and firm pulp. Avoid fibrous ones.
- You can also make this juice without water but it will be more thick and puree just like aamras.
Health Benefits & How To Make Mango Juice
Mango is also known as the “King of fruits” for all the deserving reasons. Mangoes are one of the most popular fruits in the world, it is also the most consumed fruit in the world. The reason behind its popularity lies in many factors such as it can be cultivated in many tropical and subtropical regions, it does not require any special treatment like other exotic fruits, and a tree can last for more than 100 years and can produce tons of fruits during those years. But some varieties of mango like Alphonso, Carabao need special care because these varieties have some unique taste and texture. Mango is the most versatile fruit in the world. It can be used raw and ripped also. It has more than 1000 varieties.
Mango as a fruit. It can be eaten as it is or cut and eaten. Its fresh pulp can be used in many recipes and juice. The main ingredient for making a juice is the fresh mango pulp. There is a multimillion dollar company which is running by making mango juice. We all enjoy drinking mango juice from the stores which are not so good for our health. Thethe problem with these juices is that they are made from the artificial flavour, sweetener and preservatives which makes them unhealthy. Why buy this unhealthy mango juice from the market when we can make our mango juice at our homes easily.
How to Make Mango Juice?
There are thousands of ways of making juice, the recipe which I am going to share is one of them. It is made with all-natural products and doesn’t require additional sugar. It is very simple to make. It just requires only five ingredients and takes less than ten minutes to prepare, along with that one can modify it according to their need and do some experiments.
- Fresh mango pulp
- Ice cube
- Lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- Peel all your mangoes using a knife or potato peeler, and separate the seed from the pulp
- Extract the lemon juice
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and give a little blend.
- Now add ice cubes to the blender and blend it till smooth and enjoy.
Pro tip: Make sure that your mangoes are fully ripe and use mango which has small seeds and more pulp. You will know whether the mango is ripe enough if they feel a little soft when pressed and smell fruity.
Perfect Way to Have Mango Juice
- Do not overdrink the mango juice, as it may increase weight.
- Do not try to mix extra ingredients with mango juice, try to keep it simple.
- Try to consume mango juice fresh after extracting from the fruit and it tastes best when served chilled.
- Try to avoid chemically grown mango and make juice from organic and fresh mangoes.
Health Benefits of Mangoes
Mango juice is not only delicious to taste but also has many health benefits. Mango juice provides energy to perform daily tasks. It contains all sorts of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. This vitamin and nutrition help the body to prevent many health-associated problems and keep the body hydrated. Along with that mango also has potassium, iron and an organic acid which improves body fluid circulation and detoxification. Let’s see the health benefits of mango juice.
- Improve immune system : Mango has a high amount of vitamin A, C and carotenoids, which helps to increase immunity because of this body now avoid different types of disease.
- Helpful for eyesight : Mango is very effective for a person who is suffering from night blindness. The mango is a rich source of potassium which avoids problems like eye irritation, swelling, dryness. Additionally, it improves eyesight.
- Helpful for stomach : Mango juice helps in regulating acidity. Mangoes are good at relieving stomach problems because they contain fibres.
- Beneficial for skin : Mango has antioxidants that help reduce wrinkles in older women. The protein in mangoes replaces and restores dead skin cells, and prevents acne breakouts. Additionally, the vitamin C in mango helps reduce oily skin and inflammation.
- Beneficial for hair : Nutrition in mango encourages hair growth and the production of sebum moisturizes the scalp to keep hair stronger. The antiseptic nature of mango helps in eliminating dandruff.