How to make Mango Tango. It’s almost Summer again, and that means I get to make the most delicious summer drink of all time! This was first introduced to me by my sister-in-law (I’m married to her lovely brother) and after some trial and error, managed to perfect it (don’t tell him).
- Level: Easy
- Total: 2 hr 5 min
2 1/2 cups mango nectar
4 ounces dark rum
2 ounces coconut rum
2 ounces Triple Sec
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
1 lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)Add to Shopping List
- Fill 2 ice cube trays with the mango nectar; freeze until solid.
- Working in batches, puree the mango ice cubes, dark rum, coconut rum, Triple Sec, pineapple juice, and lime juice in a blender until smooth. Serve.
MANGO TANGO DRINK
This mango tango drink will make you feel like you’re on a Caribbean beach even if it’s the middle of winter. A blend of mango, orange and coconut flavors. This fruity, tropical rum cocktail is refreshingly delicious and easy to make in 5 minutes.
WHY THIS IS THE BEST MANGO TANGO DRINK
- It is the tastiest mango tango. There are many different mango tango variations, but this one takes the cake.
- It’s the best combination of tropical flavors. Mango + orange + coconut + a dash of lime = the best tropical drink.
- You can make it any time of year. Maybe you just came back from a resort and want to pretend you’re still there. You can find the ingredients you need for this cocktail year round.
- Mango nectar: Make sure to use mango nectar, not mango juice. Mango nectar gives a purer, more authentic mango flavor.
- Orange juice: If you can, use freshly squeezed orange juice. If not, use a high quality store bought orange juice.
- Lime juice: Use freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Triple sec: You can substitute this with Cointreau or Grand Marnier.
Add the coconut rum, triple sec, mango nectar, orange juice, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for a few seconds. Strain and serve.
What’s in a mango tango drink?
There is no set recipe for a mango tango cocktail. However, all versions typically include mango mixed with other tropical flavors.
Where can you get a mango tango cocktail?
You may have ordered one at a Hard Rock Cafe, or on a beach resort in Cancun or on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Generally this drink is served in hot and sunny vacation destinations.
- Line the rims of the glasses with coconut. For a fancy presentation, dip the rim of your cocktail glass in agave syrup, then press it into shredded coconut. Turn the glass upside down to dry for 10 minutes.
- Chill glasses beforehand. This cocktail is extra refreshing when served in a cold glass. After lining the rims of the glasses with coconut (optional), chill them in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
Scroll to Bottom for Printable Recipe Card.
What better way to spend a warm summer day than with a fresh and fruity cold drink? This Mango Tango non-alcoholic drink is just what you need to cool down and wake up your taste buds.
In this mango tango drink, you will find fresh-squeezed mango, lime, and apple juice served over ice.
How refreshing! Alternatively, this can be made into a frozen drink by blending the fruit juice with ice or transformed into a delicious summer cocktail.
Perfect for backyard barbeques or as a drink for the kids, this refreshing mango tango drink will become your new summer favorite!
WHAT IS A MANGO TANGO?
A mango tango traditionally is a blended cocktail made of mango puree, other fruits, and ice, with or without alcohol.
This recipe, however, is simply a mixture of fresh fruit juices, mango being the standout flavour.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE MANGO TANGO?
- 2 medium mangos, peeled and sliced into chunks – Mango is the dominant flavor in this drink. Try to pick fully ripe mangos to get the most juice possible.
- 2 limes peeled – Limes add a nice acidity and brightness to this drink that will really wake up your taste buds.
- 2 apples, cored and quartered – you can use any type of apple in this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE A MANGO TANGO DRINK?
- Make sure that your fruit is chopped to the correct size so that it will fit in your juice machine.
- Place all the fruit into your juice machine and juice into a pitcher or container.
- Pour juice over ice and serve with a straw.
HOW LONG DOES THE JUICE KEEP WELL?
This juice will keep well in the fridge for about 1-week. If you are making it ahead of time,
I would suggest keeping it in the fridge in a pitcher without ice, then adding ice when ready to serve.
- If you are looking for a way to make this drink a little less sweet, you can top off your glass with some sparkling water.
- Don’t have a juicer? Alternatively, you can blend up the fruit in a blender, and then put it through a mesh strainer to get the juice.
- I like to add a few chunks of the fruit I am using right into the serving glass. It gives you a little snack as you drink!