How to make Strawberry Banana Smoothie With Milk For breakfast you have a good breakfast, important to have a healthy body, so we should choose the food that is rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber. There are many people who have diabetes or high blood pressure or overweight so that they should be careful to eat breakfast every day. So, this strawberry banana smoothie is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and it can be a very good choice for your breakfast.'[
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This strawberry banana smoothie is a delicious and refreshing smoothie drink filled with frozen strawberries and bananas and sweetened with a bit of honey.
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
Smoothies are such an easy to way to enjoy something sweet and refreshing with little hassle. This strawberry banana smoothie only requires a few basic ingredients. This smoothie recipe is thick and creamy from the frozen strawberries. It makes a yummy breakfast or after school snack! This strawberry banana smoothie is filled with good for you fruit, some protein from the milk, and is refined sugar free.
INGREDIENTS FOR STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
- frozen strawberries, either whole or sliced work well
- milk, any kind will work
CAN I USE FRESH FRUIT?
Yes, you can use fresh fruit when making smoothies but when using fresh fruit you will need to add ice cubes to get that thick smoothie texture. Sometimes the more ice you add, the more watered down it will taste so while fresh fruit may work, I do ultimately recommend using frozen fruit. If you only have fresh fruit on hand you can slice it and pop it in the freezer for an hour or two. With this recipe I recommend only one of your fruits HAS to be frozen. If you like an even thicker smoothie, use a frozen banana as well.
I CAN’T HAVE DAIRY, CAN I SUBSTITUTE THE MILK?
Yes, with this recipe you can use any type of milk, even if it’s dairy free like almond milk. It will still taste great! If you don’t want any type of milk you can try orange juice. It will result in a more tropical taste but is a fun way to change the taste of this smoothie a bit.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
- Combine the milk, strawberries, banana, and 1 Tablespoon honey in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and add more honey if needed.
- Add more milk if you need to thin it out, or more strawberries if you’d like it thicker. You can also add a frozen banana for a thicker smoothie.
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
This strawberry banana smoothie is a classic recipe that everyone will love! It’s a quick and easy breakfast that’s perfect for busy mornings. With just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes, this healthy smoothie is ready to take on-the-go. The simple recipe is vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, and plant-based. It’s great for kids and adults alike!
What better way to start the day than with a nutrient-packed smoothie that is also pretty in pink? I mean, just looking at this pink drink puts me in a good mood! This strawberry banana smoothie is my take on a classic flavor combination. Strawberries and bananas go together like peanut butter and jelly. It works every single time.
This foolproof smoothie is ridiculously easy to make. You need 5 ingredients, 5 minutes, and a blender. You can keep things simple or include your favorite add-ins, like leafy greens and chia seeds. The best part? It’s perfect for adults, of course, but kids love it too! Pour a tall glass for yourself and a smaller glass for your kiddo. Since smoothies are portable, you can do this just as you head out the door. How convenient for busy mornings, right?
This strawberry banana smoothie is:
- Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and soy-free
- A healthy on-the-go breakfast recipe
- Made with 5 ingredients & ready in 5 minutes
- Portable for busy mornings and busy moms
- Kid-approved and non-vegan approved
- Customizable with various options for smoothie boosters
STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS
- Banana: Bananas are a must-have ingredient for the best smoothie recipes. They provide a creamy consistency and natural sweetness. Although you may use fresh bananas, I suggest using frozen bananas for a chilly beverage.
- Strawberry: Strawberries not only create the pretty pink appearance, but they also provide health benefits including vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Plant-based milk: Use any variety, like coconut milk or almond milk. For a nut-free smoothie, I suggest using oat milk instead. If you don’t have any milk in your refrigerator, you can use plain water, coconut water, or juice.
- Maple syrup: If you have a sweet tooth or you are new to healthy eating, you may want to incorporate a sweetener. Maple syrup is a wholesome option and healthier than processed sugar. This ingredient is not necessary for most people. Many would find this strawberry banana smoothie to be plenty sweet all on its own!
- Vanilla: A dash of vanilla extract enhances the flavor.
HOW TO MAKE A STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
For the full ingredient measurements and step-by-step instructions, scroll down to view the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Homemade smoothies are one of the easiest recipes to follow. The process includes just 3 steps:
- Combine. Add all ingredients to a blender. This includes banana, strawberries, plant-based milk, maple syrup (if needed), and vanilla extract.
- Blend. Turn on the blender and get the ingredients moving. Blend until completely smooth, adding more liquid only as needed.
- Pour. Transfer the smoothie into glasses. Enjoy!
Enjoy the recipe exactly as it is written or add in smoothie boosters. Check out the full list below to discover your favorites.
- Protein powder: To make it a protein smoothie, add a spoonful of plant-based protein powder. I recommend using a vanilla or berry variety.
- Greens: A handful of fresh spinach or kale provides extra nutrients and fiber. This is a great way to keep yourself full and satisfied for several hours. Believe it or not, spinach is virtually flavorless when added to smoothies. So, if you are worried about tasting the greens, spinach is perfect for you.
- Nut butter: Add a spoonful of nut butter for a boost of healthy fats. I recommend peanut, almond, or cashew.
- Seeds: Chia seeds, hemp seeds, and flax seeds are all nutritious options for omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Yogurt: Non-dairy yogurt, such as coconut yogurt or almond yogurt, makes the smoothie thicker and creamier.
- Lemon: A spritz of fresh lemon juice adds tart flavor and aids digestion.
- Ginger: Toss in a ½-inch cube of fresh ginger for its immune boosting benefits.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
Don’t add ice. Smoothie recipes often pair fresh fruit with ice cubes. This seems like a great idea if you’re trying to create a refreshing beverage, right? Well, in my opinion, this is a big mistake. Ice actually dilutes the fruit and leads to a lackluster flavor. Instead, for a truly flavor-packed smoothie, be sure to use frozen bananas. This will give you a chilled smoothie and maximize fruity flavor.
Work the blender up to its highest speed. I recommend starting the blender on a low speed and gradually turning the dial up. It is easiest to make smoothies in a high-powered blender with a tamper, like a Vitamix blender.
Blend the greens first. If you are including greens in your smoothie, I recommend blending them with the plant-based milk before adding the other ingredients. This ensures even blending.
If you try this Strawberry Banana Smoothie, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more?
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 smoothies 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
This strawberry banana smoothie recipe is easy, healthy, vegan, and dairy-free. It contains 5 ingredients, including strawberries, bananas, and almond milk. Make this on the go breakfast for kids or adults – the whole family will love the classic flavor! It’s portable, ready in 5 minutes, and great for busy mornings. #smoothie #smoothierecipe #strawberry #strawberries #strawberrybananasmoothie #smoothierecipeshealthy #smoothiesforweightloss
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled before freezing
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup plant-based milk (such as almond milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour smoothie into glasses. Enjoy!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe is light, refreshing, and made with simple ingredients like vanilla soy milk, strawberries, honey, and bananas. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or a post-workout snack!
Homemade Strawberry Banana Smoothie
I love a good smoothie! They’re refreshing and a great snack or breakfast on the go. But hitting up your favorite smoothie shop each week can get expensive. That’s why I love making my smoothies at home. They’re so simple, and with a little planning can be an easy addition to your daily routine.
Homemade smoothies are also a great way to use up any extra produce you have on hand — that bunch of frozen, overripe bananas you’ve been hoarding for way too long. (No judgement; I do the same thing!) And making your smoothie at home allows you to better control the amount of sugar in it. It’s easy to think you’re making a healthy choice when you purchase a smoothie at a restaurant. However, I’ve been shocked to see the amount of calories I was taking in with what I thought was a healthy snack.
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is made with no added sweeteners. Just the sweetness from the strawberries, bananas, and soy milk!
- Strawberries: I love the combo of strawberries and bananas and the way it turns the smoothie slightly pink, but you can use any frozen berries or even a mix.
- Banana: I like using frozen bananas in this smoothie. It keeps the smoothie extra thick, and it’s the perfect excuse to use up all those overripe bananas on your counter or in your freezer! If you do not like banana, then I would suggest substituting the banana with greek yogurt.
- Soy Milk: Almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, or regular milk can be substituted. I like the vanilla variety, but you can just use regular or plain.
- Ice: Filtered and crushed, if possible, to reduce chances for chunks, but any ice will do. For a thicker less drinkable smoothie omit the ice.
How To Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
To make the Strawberry Banana Smoothie, simply add all of the ingredients to a blender, pulse, stir, and blend again. Pour into a tall glass, and enjoy!
- Want some protein? Add some plain Greek yogurt, raw nuts (like almonds or walnuts), or flax/chia seeds. You could even add a scoop of your favorite protein powder!
- Incorporate some raw veggies! Spinach is easily hidden in this smoothie, but broccoli, celery, or carrots would be good, too!
- Add some more fruit! Apples, more frozen berries, or kiwi would be great here.
- Add a splash of pure vanilla extract for added flavor!
Storage and Freezing Instructions
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is best enjoyed fresh, but you can store leftovers in the fridge for a couple hours if needed. You can also freeze this prepared smoothie in an ice cube tray or freezer-safe container. Just re-blend it before enjoying later.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Our Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe is made without yogurt. It’s a quick and easy breakfast solution. My kids have been enjoying this recipe for years. This recipe uses just a few ingredients and is full of flavor and nutrients. Kids and adults love this for a quick breakfast or snacks!
0 seconds of 10 secondsVolume 0%
This week I am participating in a great event celebrating Back to School with some of my favorite food bloggers. To celebrate and help get you ready for this busy time, we’ve got loads of great back to school recipe ideas for you, along with an awesome giveaway.
Back to school routines are not easy for most of us. In New York, school starts in just a few weeks! It’s time to organize easy back to school recipes!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie without Yogurt
I am sharing one of my easiest recipes with you today. Enjoy a Strawberry Banana Smoothie without yogurt.
The smoothie is made with strawberries, bananas, and milk.
No need to add yogurt to the smoothie. The flavors and the thickness of the fruit smoothie is perfect
Can I make this smoothie ahead of time?
Make the smoothie in the morning. Keep it in a cold thermos for a few up to 3-4 hours.
What type of milk is best to make this smoothie?
We use 2% milk to make this smoothie. Use your favorite milk, soy, or nut milk.
Can I replace banana in the smoothie recipe?
Absolutely. Feel free to use mango, papaya, apricots, pears, or peaches.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie variations:
- Make it plain strawberry or banana.
- Use almond milk for a vegan smoothie.
- Add honey if you need a sweetener.
- Chia seeds are a great addition to a good smoothie.
Tips to make a great Strawberry Banana Smoothie:
- Freeze your strawberries to ensure a nice cold smoothie.
- Use very cold milk.
- Ripe bananas are best for smoothies.
- Feel free to freeze bananas for smoothies.
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Pour milk into a blender.
- Mix in bananas.
- Add in frozen strawberries.
- Place top on blender. Mix well.
Serve and enjoy
Are you loving this recipe, giving it a 5-star rating and any comments are super helpful for me and very much appreciated!
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Delicious Strawberry Banana Smoothie made without yogurt! Full of flavor from fresh strawberries and bananas. Add in you favorite milk, blend and enjoy!
4.8 from 10 votes
Keyword: #back2school, morning smoothie
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 cup milk Note 1
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced.
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add to a blender milk, strawberries, bananas, and ice.
- Mix well for about 1 minute.
- Pour into glass and garnish with a strawberry wedge.
Note 1: The recipe calls for 2 percent milk. Any of your favorite milks can be used.
Note 2: Frozen strawberries work best for this smoothie.