Wouldn’t you love to know how to make strawberry juice? You’ve found the right article. We’ll go through the process step by step and find the best tools and equipment to use. Let’s make some strawberry juice!
Have you ever thought about learning how to make strawberry juice? If you have than keep reading because I have some great information for you.
Strawberry Juice Recipe (with Step by Step Photos)
Want to have something different but healthy to drink? Then look no further!! Strawberry Juice is a refreshing fresh fruit juice that is full of vitamin C and antioxidants and lot of invigorating flavor. Apart from fresh and ripe strawberries, this recipe also uses lime juice to make it tantalizing.
Preparation Time: 5 minutesServes: 2 servings
|2 cups Ripe Strawberries|
|Juice from 1/4 Lime or Lemon, optional|
|1 tablespoon Sugar, optional|
|1 cup Cold Water|
|2 Ice Cubes|
|1 halved Strawberry, for garnishing|
- Wash strawberries, remove stem and cut into small pieces.
- Add strawberries, sugar and juice from lime (you can change the quantity of sugar and lime according to how ripe the strawberries are) in a blender.
- Blend until smooth puree. Add water and blend again for a minute.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large container and pour prepared juice over it to remove the foam results during blending. You can also use a cheesecloth to remove the foam. This step is optional.
- Add one ice cubes in each of the glasses and pour sweet and sour fresh strawberry fruit juice over it. Place halved strawberry on rim of each glass to give it a tempting look and serve.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar according to your taste and sweetness of the strawberries.
- Add 1 cup chopped watermelon for variation.
- Use organically grown strawberries to make organic strawberry juice.
Taste: Mild tangyServing Ideas: Apart from refreshing flavor, there are many health benefits of this juice which makes it a preferred drink to be served in the afternoon during hot summer. It is perfect beverage to drink at anytime and especially during breakfast or evening garden party.
Fresh Strawberry Juice
Simple and easy to make this homemade fresh strawberry juice is one delicious sip. You’ll need 3 ingredients and a blender to make this juice.
❤️You’ll Love This Recipe
Simple ingredients: you only need 3 main ingredients (strawberries, lemon juice and sugar) plus water to make this strawberry juice recipe.
Easy and Quick: Just add the ingredients into the blender and blend! It couldn’t be simpler.
Delicious: This drink is the perfect balance of sweet and tangy with a refreshing flavor.
Perfect for summer: When you are looking for a non-alcoholic drink for kids (also for grown-ups), this strawberry juice is the perfect refreshing and cooling drink. It’s perfect for any time of the year not only summer.
Healthy: This is the healthier drink compared to carbonated beverages or store-bought sugar-loaded juices.
Here is the pic of the ingredients to make this delicious, fresh strawberry juice. Sugar and water are not in the picture.
- Strawberries: I have used fresh ones. You can use frozen ones.
- Lemon juice: A slight tang from the lemon juice will perk up the flavor of the berries. Instead, you can use lime juice.
- Sugar: You can use your choice of sweetener.
- Water: A little amount of water is added to get the juice consistency.
👩🍳Step By Step Photo Instructions
- Wash the strawberries, remove the stems and roughly chop them. Add that into the blender along with lemon juice and sugar.
- Blend it until you get a smooth puree.
- Add chilled water and again blitz it to mix together.
- Pour into the serving glass or a pitcher.
- Use chilled water or use a few ice cubes with room temperature water. If using ice cubes then reduce the water amount otherwise you’ll have diluted juice.
- If you prefer, you can add a pinch of salt. It brings out the strawberry flavor more. I do not add salt to control the salt intake.
- Adjust the amount of sugar depending on the sweetness of your strawberries.
- To strain or not? It depends. We do not mind having a few seeds in the sip here and there. So why waste time in doing one extra step of straining. If you prefer a super smooth strawberry juice then strain the juice using a muslin cloth over the strainer.
- As this is fresh fruit juice, it should be consumed fresh for the most nutritional benefits.
- However, you can keep it in the refrigerator, covered for up to 24 hours only. If so do stir before pouring into the serving glass.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY JUICE (WITH AND WITHOUT JUICER)
This strawberry juice recipe requires just ONE ingredient for a super fresh, fruity, and nutritious, pure strawberry juice. Best of all, strawberry juicing is super simple and can be done with a juicer or blender. Plus, I’ve included tons of potential add-ins and recipe variations for tons of ways to enjoy a strawberry drink!
Does it sound overdramatic for me to say that this strawberry juice is irresistible?! Having already shared several summery juice recipes this summer (like this pineapple orange juice, watermelon juice, kiwi juice, and orange carrot juice), this pure strawberry juice recipe is a new favorite of mine. It’s refreshing, sweet, flavorful, and so so simple to make!
In fact, all you need for strawberry juicing is just fresh strawberries and either a blender (or immersion blender) or a juicer. In just a few minutes, you’ll have a wonderful berry juice that you can enjoy as-is, pulpy, smooth, or combine with more ingredients for a delicious strawberry juice drink blend (like strawberry kiwi juice, strawberry limeade, or even cocktails!). You can even use the pureed strawberries to make delicious natural strawberry syrup!
During the summer months, you’ll rarely find my kitchen without strawberries, especially when I can get my hands on the super juicy, sweet strawberries from my local farmers’ market. Then they’ll quickly be transformed into strawberry sorbet, a fruity vinaigrette salad dressing, added to a summery strawberry kale salad, or made into a creamy two-layer strawberry tart. I definitely recommend saving some for this strawberry juice recipe, though. Not only does it taste delicious, but it’s also packed with health benefits.
And if you want more inspiration for fresh summery drinks, you might enjoy this refreshing cucumber lemonade, bloody Mary, pineapple lemonade, mango lassi, coconut vanilla Frappuccino, or even tropical guava smoothie!
THE STRAWBERRY JUICE INGREDIENTS
- Strawberries: use fresh, ripe strawberries in season for the sweetest, most flavorful strawberry juice. I recommend using organic strawberries when possible.
- Sweetener: (optional) if you’re making this juice off-season or just have a sweet tooth, you can add a little sweetener. I recommend using a liquid option like maple, agave, or honey.
- Lemon/Lime: a little tangy citrus juice really brightens up sweet strawberry juice.
- Salt: a small pinch of salt is often added to strawberry juice to enhance the berry flavor.
- To dilute the juice: if you prefer a subtler strawberry juice drink, you can dilute it. I recommend using coconut water for the best flavor. However, you could also use still or sparkling water.
- Celery/Cucumber: alternatively, instead of the above, you could add ingredients like celery or cucumber juice to add tons of freshness and water content.
- Apple: for extra natural sweetness, add 1-2 sweet apples to the juice.
- Herbs: this strawberry juice recipe pairs wonderfully with several fresh herbs, including mint, rosemary, basil, etc.
- Spice: you can also use various aromatic spices to add flavor (to taste), including vanilla, tarragon, cardamom, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon.
- Tomato: this might sound a little odd, but a little tomato juice helps to enhance the strawberry flavor. One small-ish tomato thrown into the recipe should be enough.
- Strawberry watermelon juice: for a truly refreshing summer strawberry juice drink, combine the berries with watermelon and serve in a keg (optionally with alcohol).
- Rosewater: just a little rosewater will make for a more aromatic juice that tastes delicious as is or with alcohol.
- Other fruits: tons of fruits pair well with strawberries – I’ll likely add more recipes in the future. For now, some of my favorite pairings would be mango, melon, pineapple, passion fruit, dragon fruit, other berries, apple, acai, orange, cranberry, etc.
- Creamy: without becoming a smoothie, you can adjust this into a creamy strawberry juice with the addition of a little condensed milk (or coconut condensed milk) or plain coconut milk.
- Alcohol: adjust this strawberry drink into a delicious cocktail with the addition of rum, tequila, gin, vodka, etc.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY JUICE
First, prepare the strawberries by washing them well. Some people prefer to remove the green stems. These are edible and contain extra nutrients, so I usually leave them on.
USING A BLENDER/IMMERSION BLENDER
Then transfer the strawberries to a high-speed blender or use an immersion blender in a large bowl of the strawberries. Blend until smooth.
You could then drink the strawberry juice as-is (pulpy), diluted slightly, or you can strain the mixture.
To strain the juice, pour it through a nut milk bag or through layers on cheesecloth in a sieve. If using a nut milk bag, squeeze well to remove as much juice as possible.
USING A JUICER
Simply feed the strawberries into your juicer chute – no need to strain!
Save any leftover pulp too. You can dry it out and plant the seeds (if they’re not too broken up), make fruit leather, add it to other smoothies and juices, etc. If you don’t want to use it immediately, I recommend freezing the strawberry pulp into an ice cube tray to use later.
I am Joss, the creator and editor of In the Kitch. I am inviting you on this food journey with me to learn, grow and bring out that inner chef in you. I hope to inspire you to get creative in your own kitchen!
In the Kitch is reader-supported. External links may earn us a commission at no additional cost to you
This homemade strawberry juice is made with fresh ingredients, blended together to keep all of that nutritious goodness in the glass. The strawberries and small amount of sugar keeps the drink sweet, while the lemon juice gives it a slight tartness.
The other good thing about being made in a blender? This means less cleanup and less time spent before being able to sip on this healthy, refreshing beverage. Here are some tips and information on how to make strawberry juice.
Strawberry Juice Benefits
When making a drink with fresh fruit, there are bound to be some health benefits. It is full of the good stuff, so there shouldn’t be any guilt in drinking homemade strawberry juice, especially if you leave out the added sugar. The strawberry juice benefits range from health to beauty.
Strawberries are packed with antioxidants and fiber. The fiber comes from strawberry pulp, so if you want a health boost in your strawberry juice, I recommend keeping the pulp. There are minerals such as iron, zinc, potassium and manganese that help increase bone health and lower blood pressure.
As for beauty, the antioxidants and vitamin E and C in strawberries can treat skin inflammation and help to reduce age spots and wrinkles. Plus, vitamin C is great for the immune system and eyesight. A phytochemical present in strawberries called Ellagic acid, helps to prevent collagen destruction.
Strawberry Juice Ingredients
- 2 cups strawberries – cleaned, hulled and chopped
- 2 tbsp. sugar or agave nectar – (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- Ice – to serve
Step 1: Add Strawberries to Blender
Add chopped strawberries and sugar to a blender.
Step 2: Add Lemon Juice & Water
Add the lemon juice and water.
Step 4: Blend
Blend until you have a smooth consistency. (If you don’t like pulp in your juice and would like it to be more clear, strain the juice through a fine mesh strainer.)