There are many different types of smoothies, but today I am going to show you how to make strawberry smoothie with frozen strawberries. Smoothies with frozen strawberries will remain cold much longer. This is perfect for a warm day when you don’t feel like drinking a cold smoothie. The frozen strawberries will take the place of ice cubes and ensure that your smoothie is nice and cool.
FROZEN STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE
- 1 1⁄2cups milk
- 10 -12frozen strawberries
- 1(1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute (or other preferred sweetener)
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream (optional)
- Put all ingredients into blender.
- Mix on medium-low (or recommended setting for crushing ice), until strawberries are fully crushed and mixture is smoothly blended.
- Serve, topped with whipped cream is desired.
- Adults may enjoy this with a shot of rum blended inches.
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)SAVE RECIPE
For a refreshing fruity snack or breakfast that even picky eaters will love, make a strawberry smoothie. It’s nutritious, with vitamins and nutrients from the fruit as well as protein from yogurt, but it’s also fun and sweet enough to serve as a frosty dessert. Swap out your next milkshake for this smoothie, and you won’t be disappointed.
A strawberry smoothie can be made with fresh or frozen strawberries. If you’re using fresh berries, add a few ice cubes to cool it down. If you’re using frozen strawberries, look for presliced frozen strawberries, since they are easier to blend. Whole berries will work, too; just make sure to blend long enough to achieve a smooth consistency. If you have a high-powered blender, smoothie making will go a lot easier than if you use an old-fashioned blender that tends to have a more difficult time completely incorporating all the ingredients, especially ones that are frozen. Try using a food processor if you’re not sure if your blender is up to the task, or use all fresh fruit in your smoothie and add the ice at the very end of the blending process.
Serve immediately or pour into an insulated cup with a straw and take it with you. Smoothies are a great grab-and-go breakfast or snack, especially on a hot day, and kids will love this perfectly sweet strawberry version.
Click Play to See This Refreshing Strawberry Smoothie Come Together
“This was a delicious smoothie—cold, refreshing, and healthy. The recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups, which should be enough for 2 servings (or a generous adult serving). All of the ingredients are natural and there are no added sweeteners. I used whole milk yogurt, but low-fat would work as well.
A Note From Our Recipe Tester
- 2 cups unsweetened frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 large fresh strawberries, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place strawberries in bottom of a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add cranberry-raspberry juice and orange juice and top with vanilla yogurt.
- Cover and immediately blend until smooth, scraping down sides if needed.
- Pour into glasses and garnish each with a strawberry. Serve immediately.
- Swap half of the strawberries for frozen raspberries or frozen sweet cherries.
- Replace some of the strawberries with a frozen ripe banana for classic strawberry-banana flavor and added natural sweetness.
- If you don’t have cranberry-raspberry juice, replace it with more orange juice or milk for a creamier drink.
- Use plain yogurt for a less sweet smoothie. Or swap the vanilla yogurt for strawberry yogurt.
- Swap the yogurt for frozen yogurt for a more milkshake like drink
Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
Strawberry Smoothie Recipe: The best smoothie because it is SO simple. It requires only 3 ingredients and a minute to make!
Complicating Simple Things
Let’s talk about this Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe…
Sometimes we complicate things on purpose. In an effort to seem more sophisticated or elegant, we make life harder than it has to be.
High heels are a perfect example of this.
Yes, they make your calves look great and are cute-as-heck. But they are also extremely bad for your back, uncomfortable, slightly dangerous, and make climbing stairs nearly impossible. We wear them anyway, praying we won’t fall over or twist our ankle.
This sort of thing happens in the culinary world as well.
Take Beef Wellington. It is completely delightful, but is it really worth all the time and preparation that goes into a good Beef Wellington? Is it more delicious than a great seared steak with sauteed mushrooms? Is the “glitz” factor really worth all the extra work?
Not in my opinion.
A Simple Strawberry Smoothie
The other day I was flipping through one of my favorite cooking magazines and noticed a strawberry smoothie recipe. It immediately caught my attention because of the vast array of ingredients, 15 grocery items to be exact.
I stopped in wonder. “Who in their right mind is going to go to the store and buy 15 items just to make smoothies?”
Some smoothie-makers like to add protein powder, flax, or minerals to their smoothies to up the health benefits, but I wasn’t fooled. My beloved magazine was putting on airs to dress up a simple strawberry smoothie.
Like wearing heels with your gym shorts, this just doesn’t make sense.
How to Make a Strawberry Smoothie
So today I want to share a Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe that has nothing to prove. I believe this to be the best strawberry smoothie recipe because:
- It requires only 3 ingredients.
- The ingredients can be changed to suit your taste or diet.
- It’s thick and creamy.
- And it has DOUBLE the flavor of regular smoothies.
All you need is:
- Frozen strawberries
- Strawberry jam
Simply throw them all into a good blender and whirr away!
The strawberry jam is the secret weapon in this simple strawberry smoothie recipe. It not only sweetens the smoothie but intensifies the strawberry-ness, without any fake flavoring syrups of extracts.
Frozen strawberries are preferred to fresh strawberries because they thicken and chill the smoothie without any added ice to water it down. Plus frozen berries allow you to make smoothies any time of year.
The cow’s milk can be interchanged with kefir or any sort of non-dairy milk that you like. You could also use sugar-free jam or “spreadable fruit” to decrease the sugar levels.
And of course, use ANY sort of frozen fruit and jam to make this “best” smoothie recipe your flavor of choice… Raspberry, blackberry, mango, the sky is the limit.
This simple strawberry smoothie recipe is proof that glitz and glamor can take you only so far. Sometimes the simple choice provides the greatest pleasure.
See The Recipe Card Below For How To Make This Strawberry Smoothie Recipe. Enjoy!
Simple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
prep time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 5 MINUTES
The BEST Simple Strawberry Smoothies Recipe that has nothing to prove. It requires only 3 ingredients and a minute to make!
servings: 4 cups
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups milk, any variety
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- Place the frozen strawberries, strawberry jam and milk in the blender.
- Place the lid over the top.
- Puree until smooth.
Mix it up! Try using blackberry preserves and frozen blackberries or mango jelly with frozen chunks of mango.
Strawberry Smoothie Recipe (with Step by Step Photos)
Among all other fruit smoothies, strawberry smoothie is one of the most sought after summer smoothies due to its irresistible taste and health benefits. This recipe prepares refreshing, healthy and creamy drink with fresh strawberries, yogurt, milk and sugar.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 servings
|1 cup fresh or frozen Ripe Strawberries (approx. 8-10 strawberries)|
|1/2 cup Vanilla or Strawberry Yogurt|
|1/2 cup Milk|
|1 teaspoon Sugar (or to taste)|
|2 whole Strawberries with Leaves (for garnishing), optional|
- Wash fresh strawberries, remove stems and put them in a blender jar.
- Add vanilla yogurt, milk and sugar.
- Blend until smooth puree. Slit two strawberries halfway through the center. Slide each one of them on rim of two glasses. Pour prepared smoothie in garnished glasses and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Add 1/2 cup crushed ice or 2-ice cubes for slushy smoothie.
- Use honey instead of sugar as a healthy option.
Taste: Sweet strawberry taste