Learn how to Make Strawberry Crunch Topping with Oreos. Easy dessert recipe for homemade strawberry topping that you can serve over ice cream, cakes, waffles and pancakes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unwrap the oreo cookies and put about 4 cookies per serving size onto baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE PIE
This Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie is a triple layer delight starting with a three ingredient graham cracker crust. Followed by an easy no bake lightly sweetened cream cheese filling and topped with a five ingredient sweet glaze for the fresh strawberries. Pretty as a picture this gorgeous pie is perfect for birthday celebrations, Valentine’s Day and spring and summer dinner parties.
I love strawberries and this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie is perfect for your holiday celebrations, birthday parties, neighborhood soirees and potlucks. This delectable beauty brings cream cheese and whipped cream together perfectly in a fresh graham cracker crust topped with glazed fresh strawberries.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Classic Butter Cookies
These delectable Butter Cookies are one of my all time favorite Christmas Cookies. With a few helpful tips these beautiful classic cookies are so easy to make. For an extra special touch decorate with melted white or semisweet chocolate and dress up with assorted holiday sprinkles.
Strawberry Cheesecake Pie is a cinch to make. Are you super pinched for time? You can make the crust ahead of time and freeze the prepared baked crust in the pan wrapped for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature unwrapped before using in this recipe. You can also bake the crust and prepare the cream cheese filling several days in advance and store wrapped in the refrigerator. However hold off on the glazed strawberry topping until at the most 12 hours before serving.
HOW DO YOU MAKE STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE PIE?
Start by combining the graham crackers, sugar and melted butter. Then press it onto the bottom and sides of a pie plate. Next bake it in a preheated oven for about 8-9 minutes. Finally let the baked crust cool for about 20-30 minutes.
Next beat the cream cheese, vanilla extract and powdered sugar until smooth and lump-free. Now whip the cream using a stand mixer with whip attachment until soft peaks form. Now gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Spread in the baked crust and chill for several hours.
Then grab a large saucepan and whisk together the cornstarch, sugar, strawberry gelatin, water and lemon juice. Cook over low heat whisking constantly until the glaze thickens. Allow the glaze to cool and it will thicken more as it cools. Add the strawberries to the glaze and stir gently to coat. Carefully layer the glazed strawberries over the chilled pie. Finally refrigerate until ready to serve.
HELPFUL TIPS FOR MAKING STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE PIE
- Always cool the graham cracker crust before proceeding with the rest of the pie.
- Soften the cream cheese so it is easier to blend smooth.
- Keep the whipping cream in the chilliest part of the refrigerator. It is best to chill the bowl and beaters prior to whipping the cream.
- Plan ahead and allow for chilling time of the cream cheese layer prior to the placement of the strawberries.
- The first two layers of the dessert can be prepared up to two days in advance but the strawberry layer is best prepared the day of serving.
This Strawberry Crunch Cake is simple strawberry pound cake topped with a crumble
made of golden Oreos, strawberry gelatin and melted butter.
Watch the video for this recipe!
This recipe is a Strawberry Crunch Cake in pound cake form! This is simple strawberry cake made with fresh strawberries, topped with homemade cream cheese frosting and topped with crumble mixture.
Fresh strawberries were placed into the middle of the cake for added pizazz!!
So let’s get into this recipe so I can show you how it’s done!
Ingredients for the Strawberry Crunch Cake:
For the cake:
3 c of all purpose flour (sifted)
2 c of granulated sugar
1 c of sour cream (full fat) – room temperature
1 c of unsalted butter (2 sticks) – room temperature
5 whole eggs – room temperature
1 c of fresh strawberries- diced
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 package of strawberry Jello mix
Cream cheese frosting:
8 oz of cream cheese- room temperature
4 c of powdered sugar
1/2 c of unsalted butter (1 stick)- room temperature
2 tsps of vanilla extract
1/8 tsp of salt
30 golden Oreos- filling removed then crushed
1/2 package of strawberry Jello mix
1 1/2 tbsps of unsalted butter- melted
How to make the pound cake:
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt and sit it to the side. Then, using a hand or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed until creamy, light and fluffy (approximately 5 minutes).
Next, add the 1/2 package of strawberry Jello mix and mix until combined. Next, add the vanilla and mix. Add the eggs to the bowl one at a time, mixing well after each addition before adding the next egg.
Using a spoon or spatula scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix ensuring that the batter is fully mixed together.
Mix in the flour 1/2 c to 1 c at a time, alternating with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour.
Fold the strawberries into the batter just until combined.
Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with non-stick spray. Pour the batter into the pan and spread it evenly.
Set the oven to 325 degrees and bake for about an hour and 15 minutes. The cake is done once an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for about 20 minutes before inverting. Allow the cake to continue to cool on a wire rack before adding the glaze.
How to make the cream cheese frosting for the Strawberry Crunch Pound Cake:
Using a hand or stand mixer, mix the butter and cream cheese until well blended. Then add the vanilla extract and salt.
Next on slow speed, add the powdered sugar about a 1/2 c at a time until well blended and creamy (approximately 3 minutes).
How to make the crunch for the cake:
Remove the filling from the Oreos and place the cookies in a ziplock bag. Remove the air from the bag and crush the cookies with a rolling pin or similar.
Add the 1/2 package of strawberry Jello mix and mix. Add the melted butter and mix until combined.
Once the cake has completely cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake. Then press the crunch mixture into the cream cheese mixture covering most of the cake as possible. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve and enjoy!
Strawberry Crunch Pound Cake
This Strawberry Crunch Cake is simple strawberry pound cake topped with a crumble made of golden Oreos, strawberry gelatin and melted butter.
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour 15 minutes
Keyword: brown sugar pound cake, chocolate bundt cake, strawberry crunch cake, strawberry crunch pound cake
- For the cake:
- 3 c of all purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 c of granulated sugar
- 1 c of unsalted butter (2 sticks) – room temperature
- 1 c of sour cream (full fat) – room temperature
- 5 whole eggs – room temperature
- 1 c of fresh strawberries- diced
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 package of strawberry Jello mix
- Cream cheese frosting:
- 8 oz of cream cheese- room temperature
- 1/2 c of unsalted butter (1 stick)- room temperature
- 4 c of powdered sugar
- 2 tsps of vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- Crunch Topping:
- 30 golden Oreos- filling removed then crushed
- 1/2 package of strawberry Jello mix
- 1 1/2 tbsps of unsalted butter- melted
- For the cake:
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt and sit to the side.
- Then, using a hand or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed until creamy, light and fluffy (approximately 5 minutes).
- Next, add the 1/2 package of strawberry Jello mix and mix until combined. Next, add the vanilla and mix.
- Add the eggs to the bowl one at a time, mixing well after each addition before adding the next egg.
- Using a spoon or spatula scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix ensuring that the batter is fully mixed together.
- Mix in the flour 1/2 c to 1 c at a time, alternating with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Fold the strawberries into the batter just until combined.
- Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Set the oven to 325 degrees and bake for about an hour and 15 minutes. The cake is done once an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for about 20 minutes before inverting. Allow the cake to continue to cool on a wire rack before adding the glaze.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Using a hand or stand mixer, mix the butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- Then add the vanilla extract and salt.
- Next on slow speed, add the powdered sugar about a 1/2 c at a time until well blended and creamy (approximately 3 minutes).
- Crunch topping:
- Remove the filling from the Oreos and place the cookies in a ziplock bag. Remove the air from the bag and crush the cookies with a rolling pin or similar.
- Add the 1/2 package of strawberry Jello mix and mix.
- Add the melted butter and mix until combined.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake. Then press the crunch mixture into the cream cheese mixture covering most of the cake as possible. Refridgerate until ready to serve.
STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CHEESECAKE
The most delicious and creamy no bake strawberry cheesecake in a golden Oreo crust and covered with a crunchy strawberry topping. This is basically a strawberry shortcake ice cream bar in a cheesecake! This recipe is really simple to make and no fussy water bath or baking required. Plus, you only need 10 ingredients!
I absolutely love strawberry desserts for Spring and Summer, it is one of my favorite things! Check out my strawberry filled cupcakes, made with homemade strawberry preserves, or my strawberry layered cake
TELL ME ABOUT THIS RECIPE!
- Much like my strawberry layered cake, this delicious dessert gets it’s sweet strawberry flavor and color using reduced strawberry puree. Start off by blending your strawberries until smooth, and then reduce the strawberries over a low heat for about half an hour.
- This recipe has a super creamy cheesecake filling which is not baked.
- The only baking you’ll do in this recipe is baking the crust. While a lot of no bake cheesecakes have a no bake crust, I find that it tends to crumble a lot more and you don’t get a clean slice. The base is made of just two ingredients and only takes 10 minutes to bake.
- The best part? A homemade strawberry crumble topping, made from crushed golden oreos and freeze dried strawberry powder.
The printable recipe card with the full list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
- Strawberries: try to use in season strawberries for this recipe. If not, the reduced strawberries won’t be as bright and vibrant, and the final look of the cheesecake won’t be as pink.
- Cream Cheese: I used Philadelphia cream cheese for this recipe, and it needs to be full fat! If you’re based in Europe and your cream cheese comes in tubs instead of packets, you’ll need to pat it down with a paper towel to remove the excess moisture.
- Golden Oreos: If you can’t get your hands on golden oreos, then you can substitute them for graham crackers!
- Lemon Juice: lemon juice really brings out the brightness of strawberries, while it is optional I think it makes a huge difference!
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
One: First thing, grind up your oreos in a food processor. Mix together the golden oreo crumbs with the melted butter. You want to make sure your oreo crumbs are fine enough or the crust won’t hold together once baked. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Two: Use your hands or the bottom of a measuring cup to pack the mixture into your springform pan lined with parchment paper. Make sure the bottom is even, then bake for 10 minutes. Let it cool completely.
Three: Blend the strawberries until completely smooth. Pour into a small saucepan with the lemon juice and heat until it begins to boil. Lower the heat and stir occasionally until it is reduced down to half a cup. This will take about 35 minutes.
Four: Pour into a tray and let it cool completely. By pouring it into a thin layer it will cool much faster.
Five: Whip up your heavy cream until you get stiff peaks, this will take about 5 minutes. Be sure to get stiff peaks as this is what will firm up your cheesecake!
Six: In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
Seven: Add in your cooled puree, vanilla, lemon juice and powdered sugar.
Eight: Beat until completely combined and smooth, no lumps here! Finally, fold in the whipped cream until incorporated.
Nine: Pour the mixture into your cooled crust and use an offset spatula to smooth out the top. Cover the top with plastic wrap and chill for 6-12 hours.
Ten: Just before serving, mix together crushed oreos and freeze dried strawberry powder. Remove the sides of the springform pan and sprinkle it on top of your cheesecake. You can also add whipped cream!
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- I highly recommend buying a scale and using the metric measurements for the ingredients, it will make a huge difference to all of your baking!
- Make sure that your cream cheese is at room temperature before starting. I take out the cream cheese about 2-3 hours beforehand. If you don’t do this, your cream cheese will stay lumpy when you make the filling.
- Be patient while reducing the strawberries. Depending on the ones you use, they might be juicier and have more water in them, which means it’ll take longer to reduce. If you don’t wait long enough, the puree will be too thin and your filling won’t set properly.
- For best results, chill your cheesecake for 12 hours. I tried slicing it at 6 hours and while it was fine, it was definitely much cleaner after 12. So try to leave it in the fridge until the next day if you can.
- If you prefer, make a graham cracker crust instead of a golden oreo crust.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I have to use a springform pan?
You could use a deep dish pie plate instead, however it means you’ll have to cut the slices in the plate instead of removing the cheesecake from the pan.
Can I freeze this cheesecake?
I don’t recommend freezing this cheesecake.
How do I store it?
Keep covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
How do I get a clean slice?
First off, make sure your cheesecake has been in the fridge long enough. Then, use a large knife and clean it after each cut.
Are there other ways I can decorate it?
If you don’t have freeze dried strawberries, I think this would look beautiful with just sliced strawberries on top, or completely covered with whipped cream!