I Love This Diet Plan For Free — I love this diet plan so much because it’s easy to follow and you never feel hungry or deprived! It makes eating healthier a whole lot easier. This diet also allows for occasional treats, so you don’t go crazy from lack of sugar. I found that my sugar cravings definitely faded when I was on this diet. I am so glad I started it. I am losing weight and feeling better than ever. To top it off, the food is tasty and varies enough that you don’t get bored!
What is I Love This Diet?
I Love This Diet is a dietitian-designed online weight loss program that uses specially-approved frozen meals from the supermarket.
For those who are considering Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, or Weight Watchers, I Love This Diet is the more affordable alternative.
Which frozen meal brands are included in I Love This Diet?
- Lean Cuisine
- Healthy Choice
- Smart Ones
- Amy’s Kitchen
- Sweet Earth and many more!
Are all frozen meals approved on I Love This Diet?
No! Only the healthiest get approved for use! Frozen meals from over 12 popular brands are put through a grueling selection process. They must be, among other things, high-protein and low-sodium.
What’s NEW for I Love This Diet in 2022?
New members can take advantage of their 7-Day Free Trial! Email them with your goal weight, starting weight, and name to [email protected] to get set up.
You can then browse the website’s many features, check out the food lists, and see if I Love This Diet will work for you. This offer is for new members only.
How do you use I Love This Diet?
I Love This Diet comes in the form of a membership site that is easy to use from any computer, tablet or smartphone.
Sign in and review the approved foods. Plan your menu and then go shopping. Dieters typically prepare their own breakfasts and then eat an approved frozen meal for lunch and dinner.
On average, dieters can expect to lose an average of 1 – 2 pounds per week on the program. (Individual results may vary.)
What’s it like eating on I Love This Diet?
Dieters have freedom of choice when selecting their meals for the day.
This menu is for illustrative purposes only.
Breakfast: Apple Pie Oatmeal from I Love This Diet Breakfast Guide
Snack: Non-fat yogurt and banana
Lunch: I Love This Diet approved Healthy Choice Frozen Meal & green salad
Snack: 100-Calorie almond pack & Celery with 1 Tbsp non-fat cream cheese
Dinner: I Love This Diet approved Lean Cuisine Frozen Meal
Snack: Light String Cheese with Carrots & 1 Tbsp hummus
Dessert: Jell-O Sugar Free Pudding
Is I Love This Diet high in sodium?
No! I Love This Diet does not approve frozen meals with high sodium counts.
Frozen meals that are high in sodium are listed under the non-approved section of the diet plan.
I Love This Diet’s dietitian-approved nutritional restrictions mean only the healthiest meals are allowed on the program.
How easy is it to stick to I Love This Diet?
I Love This Diet will work for many people not only because it’s budget-friendly, but because of the variety it offers. There are hundreds of approved frozen meals to choose from, including everything from pizza to chicken teriyaki.
Members won’t easily burnout on this meal plan because of the large variety of food from multiple food manufacturers.
How I Love This Diet Works
- The diet is very simple. Members are assigned one of five calorie levels, between 1300 and 1850 calories per day, based on their current weight and gender.
- As members lose weight, their calorie level shifts accordingly. Most members can expect to lose an average of 1 – 2 pounds per week.
- The online membership gives members access to the approved food lists, community forums, and various diet tools such as the Daily Food Journal, Shopping List, Restaurant Guide, Exercise Guide, and much more!
I Love This Diet Breakfast
Each morning they’ll eat one of the more than 75 low-calorie, nutritionally-balanced breakfast options from the I Love This Diet Breakfast Guide. Selections range from cereal to bagels, pancakes, and more exciting dishes like breakfast parfaits and soufflés.
I Love This Diet Lunch and Dinner
Most members choose to have a frozen meal for lunch, and a frozen meal for dinner.
The dietitian’s nutritional standards only hand-pick the best frozen meals for weight loss. As long as it meets all of the qualifications, the frozen meal is approved.
I Love This Diet “Build-Your-Own-Meal”
On those days when members would rather cook, they may swap their frozen entrée for one of the many low-calorie recipes from the Love Cookbook.
Yet another option is to use the Build Your Own Meal feature, which allows members to create a version of just about any meal, as long as they stick to I Love This Diet’s approved foods as ingredients.
The Build Your Own Salad feature gives members almost complete flexibility to create a robust meal-sized salad from dietitian-approved lists of ingredients from different food categories.
One of their latest updates now offers a Build Your Own Smoothie option. Members can choose to create their own smoothie using approved ingredients.
Fruits and Vegetables
Fruit and veggies must be added each day for optimum nutrition, as well as dairy (or dairy substitutes).
I Love This Diet Snacks
If hunger strikes in between meals, members can choose from a variety of healthy, filling, snack ideas from the Hunger Helper Guide.
I Love This Diet Treats
In addition to the Hunger Helpers, members are allowed limited dessert options from the Treats Guide. It provides a list of delicious, filling, low calorie snacks and desserts, all under 100 calories each.
Eating Out While on I Love This Diet
Guidelines and suggestions for dining out are given in the I Love This Diet Restaurant Guide.
The Advantages of I Love This Diet
It’s cheap, easy, and the great variety keeps members from feeling deprived. I Love This Diet also provides lots of flexibility, by allowing its members to choose and create their own menus.
The Drawbacks of I Love This Diet
I Love This Diet doesn’t offer counseling or weigh-ins. Since it is inexpensive, it can’t afford to. The site does offer member forums where I Love This Dieters can read other members’ advice, and share their own experiences.
How much does I Love This Diet Cost?
I Love This Diet costs $49.97 for a 6 month membership or $59.97 for a one year membership. There is also a Gold Membership for $119.97, which doesn’t expire.
There are no monthly fees, and there is no renewal contract.
Frozen meal and food recommendations are purchased at the local supermarket.
At a Glance: Is I Love This Diet Right for You?
- You hate to cook
- You’re busy and you want something easy and convenient. This is about as easy as dieting gets.
- You’re on a budget.
- You tried meal delivery plans and needed more meal choices to keep from getting bored taste buds.
- You feel temporarily burned out from your current diet, and need a change to jump-start your weight loss
- You can’t stand the thought of eating frozen meals.
- You need ongoing, personal diet support, such as public weigh-ins and counselors.
- You have a passion for cooking.
- You are pregnant, nursing, or under 18 years of age.
- If you have a previous, serious health condition.
- If you have had recent surgery.
I Love This Diet: Frozen Meal Plan
I Love This Diet is a weight loss plan centered on frozen meals that can be bought at any supermarket or grocery story.
The plan incorporates brands such as Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, and Smart Ones frozen meals with the addition of fresh fruit, vegetables and low fat dairy products.
It is designed by a dietitian to be nutritionally adequate and help you to achieve a weight loss of one to two pounds per week.
Frozen Meal Diet Basics
I Love This Diet is very simple to understand.
- You will be given a daily calorie allowance based on your current weight.
As you start to lose weight your calorie intake is adjusted accordingly.
- Each day you will consume a healthy light breakfast, one frozen meal for lunch and one frozen meal for dinner.
Even though most frozen meals do contain vegetables you will also add an extra four servings of vegetables to your daily meals, with at least three of these being non-starchy vegetables.
- You have the option of preparing meals from scratch if you prefer.
The book includes a variety of recipes under 300 calories for those times when you don’t feel like eating a frozen meal.
- In addition you will consume three servings of fruit a day and two cups of non-fat milk (or allowable substitutes such as nonfat yogurt, fat-free cheese or fortified soy milk).
- Dieters are also permitted to choose one treat daily from a list of options including items like cookies, cakes, ice cream, and popcorn, but this must be less than 100 calories.
Alcohol is discouraged because it is high in calories and tends to increase the likelihood of making unhealthy food choices, however if you desire you can substitute one glass of wine or light beer in place of a treat, up to two times a week.
While following this diet it is recommended that you take a daily multivitamin and 1200mg of fish oil, to make sure all of your nutritional needs are being met.
Frozen meals, Slim Fast shakes, fruit, vegetables, whole grain cereal, whole wheat bread, skim milk, nonfat yogurt, cottage cheese, tofu, egg whites, light peanut butter, baked potato chips, microwave popcorn, Weight Watcher’s ice cream bars, low calorie salad dressing, Splenda, coffee, tea, diet soda.
The program has extensive nutritional data for the following meal brands (well over 1000 meals reviewed):
Amy’s, Blake’s, Eating Right, Eating Well, Evol, Good Food Made Simple, Healthy Choice, Kashi, Lean Cuisine, Luvo, Michelina’s, Saffron Road, Smart Ones, Sweet Earth, Trader Joes.
Sample I Love This Diet Meal Plan
1 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
1 cup skim milk
1 cup raspberries
Nabisco Chips Ahoy 100 calorie pack
Progresso 99% Fat Free Lentil Minestrone
½ cup grapes
1 cup nonfat yogurt
Lean Cuisine Lasagna with Meat Sauce
1 cup steamed broccoli
It is acknowledged that daily physical activity is healthy for you, but exercise is not required for weight loss with this program.
Costs and Expenses
I Love This Diet is a members only online program that costs $59.97 for 12 months access. There is a money back guarantee if you don’t like it. There is a private forum for support and questions.
- Easy to understand and dieters can get started right away.
- Significantly cheaper than equivalent delivered diets such as Nutrisystem.
- Frozen meals are convenient for a busy lifestyle.
- Encourages food journaling, which has been associated with a greater chance of successful weight loss.
- Recommends a safe and realistic rate of weight loss.
- Includes a wide selection of meal ideas and recipes.
- Vegetarian options are available.
- Created by a dietitian.
- Provides weekly coupons and savings information for the recommended food products.
- Has a very active support forum.
- Will not appeal to dieters who don’t enjoy eating frozen and processed foods.
- Does not provide guidance or support for dealing with the psychological factors involved in weight management.
- Dieters are required to create their own meal plan from the options provided and keep track of calories.
- Not suitable for vegans.
- Sodium intake maybe higher than currently recommended amounts (however by choosing the meals rated A or B, you will come below FDA limits).
I Love This Diet is a weight loss plan based around the use of ready made frozen meals such as Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice. It will appeal to busy dieters who don’t require the support provided by weight loss clubs.
This program encourages the addition of fresh fruit and vegetables to the daily diet and offers some guidance on how to prepare healthy meals with a variety of recipes. Dieters are most likely to be successful on this plan if they take advantage of these resources, rather than relying exclusively on the use of packaged meals.