Instant Pot Apple Crumble is the perfect autumn dessert if you have apples lying around. There’s nothing like smelling a warm, home cooked apple crumble on a cool fall day. I’ve made Instant Pot Apple Crisp and Instant Pot Apple Dump Cake, so I just needed to create an Instant Pot Apple Crumble.
Instant Pot Apple Crisp Recipe [Video]
A delicious way to savor the flavor of apples blended with cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and other sweet ingredients is by making Instant Pot Apple Crisp. When vanilla ice cream is added, this treat, which is already sweet, warm, and delicious, is excellent.
Instant pot desserts
This dessert recipe is destined to become one of your favorites since it combines the warming flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg with brown sugar, vanilla, and melted butter. The flavors just explode into your mouth at first mouthful thanks to the instant pot’s high-pressure cooking, which quickly combines everything.
Since selecting the best apples essentially comes down to personal preference, it is not difficult. Granny Smith apples are tart and do well under high pressure, so I usually use those. However, many people use a variety of apples to give it a richer, more potent flavor.
There aren’t many ingredients in this dish, but if you read down to the whole recipe, you can find out what they are all. The fundamental elements are as follows:
Apple filling ingredients:
- Apples: Cored, peeled, and cubed or thickly sliced.
- Lemon juice: Fresh is great but bottled is fine too.
- Brown sugar: Dark or light are both okay.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract is best.
- Spices: Cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Oats: Old fashioned oats, not instant.
- Butter: Unsalted and melted.
- Flour: All-purpose or cake flour.
- Brown sugar: Either dark or light.
- Spices: Cinnamon and nutmeg.
How to make instant pot apple crisp recipe?
- Peel: First of all, it is important to only peel your apples halfway or they may get mushy.
- Core and cut: Then, core the apples and cut them into cubes or thick slices.
- Toss: Next, toss in a large bowl with lemon juice until the apples are coated.
- Pot: After, put all the apples into the pot and add the cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, brown sugar, and one cup of water. Stir thoroughly.
- Close: Put the lid on the pot and close the steam valve. Set to manual at high pressure for 0 or 1 minute cook time. If you are worried about your apples getting mushy, set it on 0. It will still cook.
- Crisp topping: Meanwhile, make the crisp topping by combining the oats, cinnamon, melted butter, nutmeg, flour, and brown sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Open: Once the cooker is done, do a quick release and then lift the lid.
- Sauté: Turn the pot to sauté and pour the crisp mix into the pot and push it down into the liquid. Let it bubble and thicken for about one minute.
- Stir: Finally, stir gently just a couple of times to let it cook but not too much.
- Transfer: Immediately, turn off the pot so the apples stop cooking and transfer the apple crisp to a cool dish.
- Add other fruit: Alternatively, add other fruits like pears, apricots, or peaches.
- Make it pop: Add some cayenne to your dish to make your apples pop.
- Other spices: You can add any spices you like including cloves, sage, mint, or rosemary.
- Filling: Use this homemade apple pie filling instead.
How to serve:
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and this easy caramel sauce. Here are some other serving ideas:
- Use this low-carb caramel sauce to reduce your carb intake.
- Try chocolate chip blackberry or strawberry ice cream with chocolate chunks in place of vanilla ice cream.
- Top it with this luscious homemade whipped cream instead of ice cream.
- Instead, add some sauce to it using this homemade strawberry or blueberry sauce.
- This dessert can also be enjoyed with a drizzle of the slow cooker chocolate fondue.
How do i keep my apples from getting soggy?
You should add the fruit and sugar at the beginning of the cooking process in a pressure cooker to prevent what is known as the osmosis effect.
If you don’t add the sugar until the apples are cooked, osmosis will dilute the sugar water inside the apple cells, causing the cells to burst and the apple to break down, making the apple soggy.
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME8 minutes
TOTAL TIME13 minutes
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into cubed chunks
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of caramel syrup (plus more for topping at the end)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 stick (4 tbsp) of salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 3/4 cup of old fashioned oats
- Vanilla ice cream, scooped
- Apples should be added to the Instant Pot along with water, nutmeg, cinnamon, maple syrup, and caramel sauce. Good stirring
- Construct the topping! Brown sugar, flour, salt, and oats are added after the butter has melted in a bowl that can be heated in the microwave. Combine together, then sprinkle the topping over the apple mixture.
- Put the cover on and select “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” for 2 minutes at High Pressure (NOTE: this is different from video as I tweaked it since). When finished, permit a full natural release (if you quick release, it will become a chunky applesauce consistency).
- Serve straight from the pot, then add vanilla ice cream and extra caramel sauce over top.
Best Instant Pot Apple Recipes
Ripe apples and comforting Instant Pot recipes are the stars of fall cuisine. So why not use these Instant Pot apple recipes to mix the best of both worlds in one dish?
I look forward to a lot of things in the fall. Apples aplenty, brisk weather, and warm sweaters!
The Instant Pot is the ideal appliance for cooking apples.
Crisp apples may be transformed into a variety of fall foods with the Instant Pot, including apple sauce and apple cider.
Swing by the apple orchard with a basket in hand. By the time you are finished salivating over this list, you will require a sizable quantity of fresh apples.
1. Instant Pot Apple Crisp
This crisp is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of apples.
Why crisp rather than pie? because it’s a simple Instant Pot dessert and I adore the crunch.
Granny Smith apples, which have a strong, tart bite, are used in this dish. It pairs incredibly well with the crumb topping’s sweet cinnamon flavor.
- Cinnamon Apples in the Instant Pot
Choose this sweet pot if you’d prefer baked apples without the crumbly topping.
The apples are covered in a thick layer of delicious cinnamon. Without the crust, it has the exact same flavor as pie’s interior.
I enjoy this best when served with a dollop of vanilla bean ice cream.
- Apple Cobbler in the Instant Pot
You can smell this cobbler wafting from my oven as soon as fall arrives.
This warm classic is a family favorite in my home and always makes us think of grandma’s place.
This may be made into a simple dessert that only needs four ingredients by using a packaged cake mix.
- Apple Butter from the Instant Pot
Apple butter is a little to-do in the south. And everyone who has enjoyed trying genuine handmade apple butter understands the reason for this.
Its consistency resembles apple sauce. The primary distinction is that it is more concentrated.
Apples should be cored and peeled before being placed in the Instant Pot. Be sure to fill up the pot because it will take several hours.
This also makes a great present if you can part with a few jars.
- Apple-Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats in the Instant Pot
Apples made in an instant pot aren’t only for dessert. They can also be prepared for breakfast.
In the fall, my family enjoys eating this oatmeal for morning.
Instant oats taste more like nuts than steel cut oats do. Since they are less processed, they also take a little longer to produce.
But don’t worry, the Instant Pot will have these warming bowls ready for you in less than 30 minutes.
- Apple Pear Sauce in the Instant Pot
Pears are the only thing that can make apple sauce better.
To enhance the delicious, natural flavor of your pome fruits, squeeze a little lemon over them. If you do that, you won’t even need more sugar.
This pear applesauce is the one condiment that I believe both children and adults can agree is natural and healthful.
- Simple Mango Chutney for the Instant Pot
Do you know another condiment that is absolutely delicious? Mango chutney, please!
This recipe contains a lot of apple cider vinegar but no fresh apples. It pairs perfectly with the spicy, sweet mangoes because of its tanginess.
Making naan while you’re at it might be a good idea because it pairs well with Indian food.
- Apple Cake Made in an Instant
In the fall, baked products grow more alluring, and this cake is no exception. It’s a vanilla cake with cinnamon and sugar apple flavors added.
A generous dollop of apple whipped cream, in my opinion, would be a wonderful garnish.
- Apple Fritters Without Yeast in the Air Fryer
Do you possess an Instant Pot Air Fryer that is stashed away in a cabinet? Use it to prepare these delicious fritters.
Apple fritters are an absolute treat. They have a vanilla icing and are loaded with bite-sized pieces of fresh apple.
These are sweet and donut-like, and they taste even better because they don’t require yeast or heated oil.
- Pressure-cooker Apple Dumplings
Making dumplings frequently involves a ton of work. But not those lovely things!
Every dumpling has an apple slice wrapped in a flaky crescent pastry.
But the good deed doesn’t stop there. Each delectable nibble is cooked in cinnamon and sugar butter inside the Instant Pot.
Frequently asked questions
Which apples are best for cooking in the instant pot?
Using firm apples like a honey crisp or granny smith are best for cooking in an instant pot. Other apples that are solid enough for cooking in the pot are Jonagold, fuji, Rome beauty, and Crispin. But you can use more than one kind of apple when you cook. In fact, using several types will add depth and flavor.
Do i have to peel the apples before using them?
It is up to you whether you want to peel the apples or not. Some people say that leaving the peels on your apples in the instant pot will make them soggy. However, others say that the apples will hold their shape no matter what if you choose the right apples.