This recipe for lemon chicken with olives is so simple and easy that it hardly qualifies as a recipe. I have made other recipes in the past where the only difference was the addition of olives but trust me when I tell you that this simple addition is a game changer!
Lemon Chicken is a perfect option if you’re looking to switch away from your typical chicken recipes. Lemon and chicken go great together, making it an ideal choice on almost any occasion.
Related Post: Chicken With Black Beans And Rice Casserole
Sheet-Pan Chicken with Lemons and Green Olives
Serve this simple one-pan chicken dinner with a side of mashed potatoes, rice, or a chunk of crusty bread to soak up every last drop of the lemon-scented pan juices.
2 3/4 lb
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs with skin (2 1/2 to 3 lb.)
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 2 shallots, quartered
- 1 cup green olives (with or without pits), rinsed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 400° F. Coat a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with olive oil. Add chicken to pan, turning to coat both sides with oil. Season chicken with salt and 1/2 teaspoon of paprika. Place lemons and shallots in the pan around the chicken. Roast 30 to 40 minutes or until skin is browned and chicken is done (175° F).
- Step 2 Remove pan from oven. Squeeze lemon juice over the chicken. Transfer chicken to a platter; cover with foil to keep warm. Transfer liquid from the pan to a glass measure. Skim off fat; return liquid to pan. Stir in olives, butter, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika. Roast for 5 minutes to warm olives and melt butter. Spoon sauce, olives, and shallots over the chicken. Serve with mashed potatoes or couscous.
606 calories; fat 51g; cholesterol 164mg; saturated fat 15g; carbohydrates 5g; mono fat 24g; poly fat 8g; insoluble fiber 2g; sugars 2g; Protein 32g; vitamin a 414.1IU; vitamin c 9.7mg; thiamin 0.1mg; riboflavin 0.3mg; niacin equivalents 7.8mg; vitamin b6 0.4mg; folate 17mcg; vitamin b12 0.4mcg; sodium 937mg; potassium 337mg; calcium 45mg; iron 2mg.
SKILLET LEMON CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND HERBS
351 Cals 52.5 Protein 4.5 Carbs 11 Fats 94
Bright and flavorful, pan-seared chicken breasts get tossed with green olives, lemon, and fresh herbs than are finished in the oven. Perfect served with bread or a green salad on the side.
SKILLET LEMON CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND HERBS
351 Cals 52.5 Protein 4.5 Carbs 11 Fats
TOTAL TIME: 20 mins
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
Chicken breasts cooked in a skillet with green olives, lemon, and fresh herbs.
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 8 oz boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose or gluten-free flour
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup pitted chopped olives
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- optional, 4 thin lemon slices
Related Post: Chicken With Vegetables Recipe Chinese
- Preheat the oven to 400F with the rack in the center position.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper then sprinkle with flour. When oil is hot, sear chicken for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add garlic, wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme, and olives. Top with lemon slices if desired, transfer the pan to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until 165F in the center.
- Serve hot topped with parsley.
Serving: 1piece chicken, Calories: 351kcal, Carbohydrates: 4.5g, Protein: 52.5g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 166mg, Sodium: 541.5mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 0.5g
WW Points Plus:8
Pan-Roasted Chicken with Olives and Lemon
This dish is elegant enough for entertaining but simple enough to make any time.
- One 4-lb. chicken, cut into eight pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter; more as needed
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 medium shallots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 3/4 cup jarred brined olives, rinsed, pitted, and halved
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 6 small fresh or 3 dried bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, plus 1 tsp. chopped
Related Post: Butter Chicken With Curry Paste
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 425°F. Season the chicken generously on all sides with salt and pepper. Cut the ends off the lemon, stand it on one end, and slice off the peel and the bitter white pith to expose the flesh. Cut the lemon segments from the membranes, letting them drop into a small bowl. Cut each segment crosswise into 4 pieces. Heat the butter and the oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, cook the chicken skin side down until golden-brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Pour off all but 2 Tbs. of the fat. Add the shallots, olives, sage, bay leaves, thyme sprigs, and lemon segments, and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan skin side up and transfer to the oven. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh registers 165°F, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve, sprinkled with the chopped thyme.