Lemon pepper chicken with sauce is an easy recipe to follow, and after doing so you will be able to enjoy the tasty dish just like that. This wonderful recipe is best served by itself or with your favorite veggies, such as broccoli, cauliflower and leafy greens. This recipe is a great way to cook an entire meal in a single preparation so if you have any family members who are working late you can pull this out of the oven and call it a night.
Lemon Pepper Chicken with Creamy Garlic-Lemon Sauce
Lemon Pepper Chicken with Creamy Garlic-Lemon Sauce – skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs seasoned with lemon-pepper seasoning, baked to perfection and served with the garlic-lemon cream sauce!
YUM! The recipe takes only 40 minutes from start to finish. Fantastic idea for a quick weeknight meal! Easy dinner that a whole family will love!
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
I used store-bought Lemon Pepper Seasoning with Garlic & Onion. Store-bought seasoning works just great, and the ingredient list usually lists lemon peel, black pepper, onion, garlic, lemon juice flavors.
- While the chicken bakes, make the cream sauce. This will save you time, and the whole recipe will take 40 minutes to make from start to finish, including the baking time of 20 minutes.
- To make the cream sauce, bring all the liquids (chicken broth and heavy cream) to boil, add shredded Parmesan cheese and keep stirring at all times as the cheese starts to melt. Reduce the heat pretty much immediately and continue stirring the sauce on low simmer heat until all the cheese is completely melted, and the creamy sauce forms.
- You can use shredded Mozzarella cheese in place of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free flour to coat the chicken with.
- You can use chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken thighs. Just be sure to watch the baking times – depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs, the baking time might have to be reduced.
How to make lemon pepper chicken
1) Mix 3 teaspoons of lemon pepper seasoning with flour. Pat the tops (skin side) of chicken thighs with this seasoning mixture.
2) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on high-medium heat in a large skillet.
3) Add chicken thighs skin side down and cook for about 4 minutes on high-medium heat until browned, uncovered.
4) Sprinkle the other side of chicken with 1 teaspoon more of lemon pepper seasoning.
5) Flip the chicken thighs over and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. The skin side of chicken thighs should be nicely browned like this:
6) Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
7) Place chicken thighs skin side up (crispy side up) on the baking sheet and bake at 375 F for about 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked, the juices run clear and the chicken is no longer pink in the center:
8) In the meantime, while the chicken is baking, make the sauce with garlic, chicken stock, heavy cream, lemon pepper seasoning, and shredded cheese (Parmesan, Mozzarella, or both).
9) Add 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice and top with chopped green onions:
10) Add cooked lemon pepper chicken thighs to the skillet on top of the sauce.
11) Top with chopped parsley and decorate with a few slices of lemon:
What to serve with lemon pepper chicken
- Greens: Cook some spinach, or other greens, such as Swiss chard, or kale. Here is a recipe for a simple sautéed spinach – you can cook pretty much any leaves using this recipe.
- Green beans: Simple cooked green beans will do. If you want something a bit more interesting, try these easy garlic and bacon green beans, sautéed in olive oil and butter in a skillet on stove top.
- Potatoes: Serve mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, or try this refreshing cilantro-lime potato salad.
- Rice: Serve rice pilaf or any kind of flavored rice that you can buy in the store in a package. You can also serve this with wild rice, which is delicious with this lemon pepper chicken.
LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN WITH CREAMY GARLIC LEMON SAUCE
Enjoy our lemon pepper chicken recipe with lots of creamy garlic lemon sauce on top! If you’re a fan of one pot or skillet chicken, this recipe is perfect for you.
BEST LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE
Everyone has their busy weeknights where they want a simple chicken dinner and our lemon pepper chicken is definitely on the top of everyones list! It’s simple, non-fussy, loaded with flavor and enjoyed by everyone in the family. Kids especially love this recipe because there’s lots of sauce that they can add on top of the lemon pepper chicken or on top of their favorite pasta or rice. Lemons are available year round and it’s a beloved citrus to add to sauces because of they bright and vibrant flavors.
DELICIOUS CREAMY GARLIC LEMON SAUCE FOR LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN
This lemon pepper chicken and sauce is so fresh, flavorful and superb. Though it’s a creamy sauce, it’s not heavy or too rich and what you’ll taste is a bright citrus tang. The fresh lemon zest and lemon juice we add to the sauce recipe really makes it super delicious and addicting. This is the perfect one-pot chicken or skillet chicken dish and you can make dinner in a snap super quick. And on a cold day, this saucy chicken dinner will warm you up quick!
CREAMY LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN
This Creamy lemon pepper chicken recipe is simple, quick, and easy to make. A low-carb healthy chicken recipe that takes just about 30 minutes to make and the perfect weeknight dinner recipe to serve the family with some rice or spaghetti.
You will need a handful of simple ingredients to make this creamy and healthy chicken breast recipe. Tender and juicy chicken breast nestled in a creamy lemony sauce made with garlic, lemon, and almond milk. This lemon pepper chicken recipe is low in carbs, low in fat, high in protein, flavorful, and perfect to serve the family as a light dinner with some pasta or rice. If you are looking for an easy way to cook up your chicken breasts for dinner, this creamy lemon chicken will be right up your alley with the right amount of lemony sauce.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE
- Healthy: This lemon chicken recipe is made with healthy ingredients for a perfectly healthy dinner to add to your dinner table. It is low carb and high in protein.
- Easy to make: this chicken breast recipe is really easy to make with just 5 minutes of prep time and a total of 30 minutes from start to finish!
- Flavorful: The creamy lemon sauce of this chicken recipe is what brings out all the flavors of this meal. The chicken is so tender, juicy, and flavorful.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED AND SUBSTITUTES
To make this creamy and delicious lemon pepper chicken recipe you will need the following ingredients. Full measurements are listed further down below.
- Chicken breasts: You will need 2 large (around 8 oz each), or 4 smaller sized chicken breast. cut in half lengthwise to cook faster
- Seasonings: lemon pepepr, salt, and pepper.
- Oil: We used olive oil. Use any neutral oil of choice like avocado oil
- Garlic cloves: It is best to use fresg garlic cloves and not garlic powder. If you are in a pinch and dont have any gralic cloves , then you can substitute it with 1 tablepsoon of garlic powder.
- Flour: any flour will work like all-puporpose or gluten-free flour.
- Milk: almond milk was used to make this creamy lemon chicken. Any milk will work like 2% milk but to keep ot dairy-free, use almond or cashew milk.
- Lemons: use fresh lemons intsead of bottled lemon juice. More robust flavor and tastes better.
- Fresh parsley: this ingredient is used mainly to garnish and add some flavor to the overall meal.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE
- Season the chicken: Sprinkle the chicken with the lemon pepper blend and season with a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook the chicken: Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until golden on both sides, about 8-10 minutes in total. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Make the creamy lemon sauce: Add the remaining oil to the pan. Saute the garlic over medium heat for 1 minute. In a small bowl, quickly whisk the flour and milk until smooth. Pour the milk mixture into the pan and whisk until bubbly and thickened, 2-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce: Return the chicken back into the pan and allow it to cook for 4-5 minutes more, or until cooked through.
- Serve: Garnish with lemon slices and freshly ground black pepper.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do you make chicken soft and juicy?
The key to getting soft and juicy chicken breasts is not overcooking them. Cook the chicken breast over medium heat (not high heat) and allow it to cook rather slowly for about 7-10 minutes on each side depending on the size of the chicken breast. Another tip to achieve juicy chicken breast is to allow it to sit covered for about 5 minutes after you cook it before serving. Last but not least, to ensure the juiciest chicken ever, you can soak it in heavily salted water for 10-15 minutes before cooking. This will help tenderize the chicken.
Is lemon juice good on chicken?
Lemon is a great tenderizing ingredient to add to chicken breast. Perfect to use as a marinade and tastes great when paired with black pepper. Lemon is acidic and adding lemon juice to your chicken, will not only tenderize it but will add a great robust flavor to the meal.
How to store this creamy lemon chicken?
Store leftover creamy chicken in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, place in the microwave and heat up for 60-90 seconds.