Ramadan is about to end and the huge Iftar party is taking space to be settled down with all the relatives, and friends. So, why don’t you prepare yourself for the Iftar party with some of the delicious menus?
Yes, today, we are going to give you some great iftar recipes that will make your day perfectly. Let’s grab them now!
Make The Best Recipes For Iftar
Ramadan is the month Muslims worldwide observe with fasting from dawn to sunset. It’s also a time when Muslims have their Iftar, or fast-breaking meal as a reward for such devotion. And what makes it better is the food we eat. The humble dishes we prepare for this special occasion are truly unforgettable and distinct meals in their own right. As the holy month sets in, here is our list of iftar recipes, guaranteed to make you salivate like crazy and remind you how much of a blessing Ramadan can be
What is Iftar?
The meal served at the sunset is called Iftar. Since Muslims will be eating after a long day of not eating and drinking (sometimes up to seventeen hours), it’s important to eat and drink lightly and avoid deep fried or heavy food. It’s advised to focus on protein and vegetables for Iftar recipes. It’s also a good idea to keep meals simple in this month and avoid wasting food.
What is special about Iftar recipes?
They are usually light, healthy, filling, and full of vegetables and protein. Everything is consumed in moderation so the body won’t get into shock after a long pause from eating and drinking. It’s best to hydrate and eat vegetables and fruit and avoid eating fatty and greasy food or white bread.
I have prepared a collection of Iftar ideas from Unicorns in the Kitchen and some other bloggers which includes soups, sweet treats, and light snacks. Moderation is the key during Ramadan and this Iftar menu represents some of the main dishes we eat at this time of the year.
Easy and delicious iftar recipes
If you are very much worried about the iftar party as you think it may be painstaking or time-consuming to prepare a number of recipes, then hold on! As you know we always give the easiest and convenient recipes to you, today, we have come up with Ramadan recipes for iftar that falls perfectly in these categories.
Sweet rice kheer recipe
- 1½ cup of rice.
- 1lt. Milk.
- 3-4 cardamom
- 2-3 brown Cinnamomum leaves
- 2 cup of sugar
- 2tsp of ghee.
How to make
- Place a big (approx. 2lt) pot on the oven.
- Add the milk in it.
- Once the milk gets half-boiled add the rice to it.
- Let the rice get cooked perfectly and cover the pot with a shield.
- After 10-15 min, uncover it.
- Now add the Cinnamomum leaves and cardamom. (Cardamom and Cinnamomum helps to get flavors)
- Now add the sugar to it.
- Stir nicely.
- Once everything gets perfectly cooked and the milk gets thick, add the ghee to it and turn off the oven.
- After a few minutes, serve the kheer at the party.
- 100g Spaghetti
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp Red Chilli flakes
- 2tsp Refined oil
- 1 Onion
- 5psc peeled garlic
- 1½ cup spinach roots
- 1 Lemon
- ½ coconut milk
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 1tsp black pepper powder
How to make
- Put a large pot on the oven
- Add the refined oil to it.
- Now add finely chopped garlic, and onion to it, and let them get brown.
- Now add black pepper powder to it.
- Saute well.
- Then add vegetable stock and let it boil.
- Add the spaghetti to the mixture and cook till it gets soft.
- Once it gets soften, allow the milk to get a consistent sauce.
- Now add roughly chopped spinach for flavor.
- Garnish the pasta with lemon juice.
- Serve hot.
- ½ cup Rolled oats
- ½ cup flour
- 50g Jaggery
- 1pc green cardamom
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- 12 units sliced cranberries
- 1½ cup almond milk.
- 3 units mint roots
- 1cup curd
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp water
- 1 apple
- ½ cups roasted chana powder(Sattu)
How to make
- Blend the sattu and oats together.
- Peel off the half apple and add it to the blender along with curd or yogurt, jaggery, and 2tbsp milk
- Make a fine puree with all these ingredients along with ½ cup almond milk to make a batter. The batter shouldn’t be too thick or too thin and should be consistent.
- Leave the batter for 10-12 min.
- Chop the remaining apple and keep aside
- Now put and pan on the oven.
- Add jaggery to it with some water to boil.
- Now add the chopped apple once the water gets boiled
- Add the green cardamom and fennel seeds to it and allow them to cook in low flame.
- Now take the pancake batter and mix it well with olive oil.
- Take another non-stick pan and let it get heat.
- Allow the batter in small pancake sizes and put them on the pan.
- If you see bubble formation, turn the pancake to the other side and let them go brown.
- Once they get brown, take them out of the pan and put them in a bowl.
- Add the half roasted apple mixture to it.
- Garnish it with toasted apple and mint leaf.
- Serve it.
Halal Beef Tacos Step by Step
For those of you who know me as a home cook or who follow my Instagram page of cooking and recipes and food interests in general, you probably know I love a good taco.
I think it’s one of the best foods you can make at home and quite honestly, one of the easiest. It’s like having street food at home all the time once you get a good recipe under your belt. The trick is definitely in flavoring the meat just right.
That said, I’m going to explain it all right here– and then how to build the taco once you’ve got the meat flavored properly.
First, in order to do it, you have to season the meat with things that are in the recipe below. My trick or secret is that I roast the meat with these spices, honey, and vinegar. It gives the meat have a deep, dark smoky flavor, in my opinion.
Once that’s done, you’ll move the meat to a Dutch oven and cook for a couple hours or until the meat pulls apart. If you’re not having any luck with the meat pulling apart easily, bring it out of the pot and pull it apart with a fork and a knife or two forks, whichever is easier.
Bring it back to the pot to continue cooking, stir it in and keep it hydrated until it’s ready to serve.
A few tips on taco building, and with all of the possible toppings, a little of everything goes a long way…
Warming the tortillas, don’t cook them. Whether made from scratch or bought prepared, they are already cooked prior to warming and should not be eaten straight from the package. I recommend eating only the ones with these ingredients at most: corn, lime (cal), and salt. Warm either over an open flame or on a comal, or thin steel pan, for no more than 20-30 seconds per side, warming two at a time. Once they’re nicely scorched, but not too much, wrap them a medium thick towel or place in a tortilla warmer.
Once you’ve made your own cooked beans, dollop a tablespoon of bean purée (refried-style) in the center of the tortilla and spread outward in a circular fashion, leaving about an inch of tortilla exposed. The layer of beans just coats and helps to keep the other ingredients in the right places.
On top of the beans is the single most important ingredient. Meat eaters top with meat. Non-meat eaters, top with fish or veggies. Shredded meat or chunks of meat allow the taco to be eaten bite by bite without playing tug of war with your teeth.
Garnish your taco with colorful, crisp vegetables such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and chopped onion, or simply pico de gallo or some sort of salsa. Pinch each topping with all four fingers and thumb and place by spreading on top of meat, fish or veggies.
A teaspoon of sour cream adds a little weight on top of the vegetables, contrasts the ingredients above and below, nourishes with dairy and cools the edge of the next topping.It also looks nice.
Salsa & Hot Sauce
Choose from your favorite flavors and styles. Popular ones include chipotle or tomatillo and Green tomatillo based salsas lighten the taco and give it a bit of refreshing flavor, in my opinion. Garnish on the sparse side with a few specks so as not to miss out, but not to overwhelm, either.
Citrus & Cheese
Squeeze a small wedge of lime on top of your masterpiece. If you have it, crumble a bit of Mexican cheese, too.
So, there you have it.
At home street food can now be a real thing…
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-1/2 pounds fully trimmed beef brisket
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil + more for sautéing
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 4 cups water
- Black beans
- Sour cream
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Minced yellow onion
- Tomatillo salsa
- Hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In medium bowl thoroughly mix dry ingredients with the honey. Add the meat, vinegar and olive oil and rub this mixture into the meat on all sides. Place on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven, transfer the meat to a large Dutch oven with a little olive oil. Gently heat the oil, onion, garlic, bell pepper then add the meat. Next add the water and Knorr halal beef bouillon. Mix thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 1-1.5 hours.
- Use two forks to pull apart the meat in preparation for the taco building. Heat the tortillas and prepare all the sides to build the perfect taco.
Hope with all these Ramadan recipes for iftar, you can plan a better party meal. Start your preparation only with us!